Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I hope as newbies we can do it also! your loss so far is a good start. I get back on the scales sunday morning. I should be losing at least I hope so. Bitter cold here........last night I went back to my school to walk inside with the kids and the dog.

I agree I think we newbies can do this. Speaking of the cold, I am so ready for spring:flowerforyou:

I KNOW you guys can do this:drinker: :drinker:

I sure wish some warmth would come my way too. I think we have a high of 7 degrees today:noway: To cold for my bones!:laugh:

Enjoy your weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question for everyone...Do you guys count your calories burned during strength training, or just cardio calories? I use an HRM so I use it when Im doing my strength training too. For example, today after my cardio work I did some abs and legs work and burned 168 calories for that. I soooo wanna count it:happy: Im never quite sure what to do there when logging my exercise. What do you guys do?:blushing:

~Roni

I don't count my strength training calories but my weight loss is really not that impressive so what do I know?? :blushing: :laugh:

Yeah, I havent been counting mine all this time either but for some reason when I got home from the gym and was logging everything today...I thought, wait a minute, calories burned are calories burned lol.:laugh:

What does everyone else do?:blushing:

~Roni
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Okay...its a balmy 22 degrees ( windchill 13) outside and I just got back from a 2 1/2 mile walk. It was wonderful, nothing like exercise to shake the dust out of your head.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Lazy day today...this cold is kicking my rear, so I'm taking it easy for a couple days to rest up and self-medicate so I can be back in the game next week (here's hoping). Had one burst of productivity where I went to take Test #2, which I think I bombed. Definitely bummed about that, but I just have to wait and see if it's as bad as I think. (For those not in the know, I am looking to change from my current career to teach elementary school.) If so, I'll just have to take it again later and figure out where to go from there.

Now, I'm back home and resting in bed watching Lifetime movies. The boyfriend went to the store while I was out and got me OJ and soup...and I picked up some more DayQuil and a thermometer. Hope y'all are having a great weekend...I'm waiting for crabcakes and football!
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Hi Black Team – Checking in before the big games J E T S JETS! Go Marla. I’ll be rooting for you. My brother is a diehard Jets fan and has been waiting many many many years:sad:

Andrew- Just finished watching that **** and Rick Hoyt utube video. Unbelievable and very inspirational. I was complaining this morning about the cold! Suck it up Donna!

Tammy- Great Story Do your boys get along? My boys are 15 and 12 and couldn’t be more different
    I am past making sure my kids are still breathing during the night..Is that a bad thing? I go to bed before they do..well not the 12 year old but the other 2.

Lori- I’m envious. I can’t sleep in anymore Sat is my get my workout in, get the housework done! It is my day not to bathe though yuck..dh can’t stand that but after a great workout I keep going with the housework and at the end of the day I’ll take a shower.

Jeanne- ok I need some education. A.Why didn’t you workout for a month? (probably missed that post) and how do you measure the calories burned in weight training?

Bobbi- I love your story. Congrats on being a grandma soon again. Thanks so much for sharing. And you look great in your Easter/wedding dress. My problem right now is keeping everyone straight…it is a big group.

Hi Tanya- Thanks for the welcome for us newbies Are you originally from the states that your husbands likes the Jets?

Rich- You can walk inside the school with the dogs?

Have a great night everyone! Just in case I don't check in later...which I know I will since right now I can't get enough:smile:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Something that MFP blacked out how I spell Richard's nickname...wow I guess better safe then sorry
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question for everyone...Do you guys count your calories burned during strength training, or just cardio calories? I use an HRM so I use it when Im doing my strength training too. For example, today after my cardio work I did some abs and legs work and burned 168 calories for that. I soooo wanna count it:happy: Im never quite sure what to do there when logging my exercise. What do you guys do?:blushing:

~Roni

Yes, I count my strength training cals. As a matter of fact, I turn that bad boy on as I swipe my card and turn it off when I open the front door to leave. Today that was 714 cals.

The trainer told me to take off 70 or so per hour for normal burn. Also, I now do abs between sets of strength. This way I continue to burn those lovely calories! Today for instance I did chest-then did 30 or so bicycles. kept my HR up and did the old abs at the same tim

Oh here I go on and on...sorry.

:heart: Jeannie
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Jeanne- ok I need some education. A.Why didn’t you workout for a month? (probably missed that post) and how do you measure the calories burned in weight training?

I have a Heart Rate Monitor....but before that I logged it in Strength Training under the Cardio section.

My Polar F6 HRM is my bestest friend in the whole wide world!! :wink:

I didn't work out for a month because I was a lazy, slothful, eating machine!! :tongue:

But I am back full force now. Man, do NOT take a 3 day break..........cuz it is hard to get your butt back into the routine. Next time I will walk slowly for my 30 min workout............rather than lose the entire routine.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Hey Team!

Lazy day today...this cold is kicking my rear, so I'm taking it easy for a couple days to rest up and self-medicate so I can be back in the game next week (here's hoping). Had one burst of productivity where I went to take Test #2, which I think I bombed. Definitely bummed about that, but I just have to wait and see if it's as bad as I think. (For those not in the know, I am looking to change from my current career to teach elementary school.) If so, I'll just have to take it again later and figure out where to go from there.

Now, I'm back home and resting in bed watching Lifetime movies. The boyfriend went to the store while I was out and got me OJ and soup...and I picked up some more DayQuil and a thermometer. Hope y'all are having a great weekend...I'm waiting for crabcakes and football!

I hope you feel better Shuntae :frown: I hate feeling yucky. The meds make me feel worse than the cold.

:flowerforyou:
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I am trying to post my before pictures but am not sure how. Can anyone help?
  • zippy111
    Options

I have a Heart Rate Monitor....but before that I logged it in Strength Training under the Cardio section.

I didn't work out for a month because I was a lazy, slothful, eating machine!! :tongue:

But I am back full force now. Man, do NOT take a 3 day break..........cuz it is hard to get your butt back into the routine. Next time I will walk slowly for my 30 min workout............rather than lose the entire routine.

Well then you go girl! Everyone on here says you have provided much insight and inspiration to all. I'm glad to be a part of your team
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just a quick note because I am so proud of myself. I did L1D7 of 30 Day Shred and then did W6D1 of C25K. Yoo-Hoo. I am tired but feel so good right now. I hope I remember this feeling when Monday comes and it is time to do it again.

I don't know if it is correct but I log all my calories burned. I don't have an HRM yet but I count my Nautilus machines as circuit training since I go around to each machine for one set and then do the whole thing again without resting. Does this sound right?

Definately. Sounds like a perfect mix of exercise. I use either strength training or circuit training and with my HRM it is very close to what MFP has listed.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am trying to post my before pictures but am not sure how. Can anyone help?
    y

where are you posting them from? You have to upload them to a system like Photo Bucket...than you can use the IMG to post here.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Well then you go girl! Everyone on here says you have provided much insight and inspiration to all. I'm glad to be a part of your team

Donna.......this is indeed your year!! I look forward to sharing your loss with you!
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    I uploaded them to photobucket, but I am still unsure of how to load them here. when I right click I only get delete or select all?
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Marla, Rob (my husband) has declared that if the Jets make it to the championship game then he will be in NYC just to watch the game!!!!! I hope that this means that he will arrange a babysitter for the boys so that I can come over as well but heres to dreaming!! Please could you message me the result of the game, just incase Rob doesn't get to see it!!! Thanks

I would love to run, but i don't have a treadmill and I am not paying a sitter so that I can do some fitness so am wondering if I could vary the program onto the exercise bike - probably not as I csan already ride that for hours......... suppose I'll have to wait until I can take the boys running with me!

Can anyone give the recipe for the spinach dip? It sounds really good and I'd love to try some out for me and the boys - I just won't tell them what they are eating!!

Hello to the other newbies that have started this year (as I have) I hope we have some success as the existing team have had :-)

Tanya....the dip is made with vegetable soup mix (I use "Knorr's"), one cup of mayonnaise, one 16 oz container of sour cream, and 10 ounces of chopped spinach ( squeeze out all the water). Mix, refrigerate for about an hour, and enjoy.

Jets-Bengals 7-7....midway through 2nd quarter.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Marla, Rob (my husband) has declared that if the Jets make it to the championship game then he will be in NYC just to watch the game!!!!! I hope that this means that he will arrange a babysitter for the boys so that I can come over as well but heres to dreaming!! Please could you message me the result of the game, just incase Rob doesn't get to see it!!! Thanks

I would love to run, but i don't have a treadmill and I am not paying a sitter so that I can do some fitness so am wondering if I could vary the program onto the exercise bike - probably not as I csan already ride that for hours......... suppose I'll have to wait until I can take the boys running with me!

Can anyone give the recipe for the spinach dip? It sounds really good and I'd love to try some out for me and the boys - I just won't tell them what they are eating!!

Hello to the other newbies that have started this year (as I have) I hope we have some success as the existing team have had :-)

Tanya....the dip is made with vegetable soup mix (I use "Knorr's"), one cup of mayonnaise, one 16 oz container of sour cream, and 10 ounces of chopped spinach ( squeeze out all the water). Mix, refrigerate for about an hour, and enjoy.

Jets-Bengals 7-7....midway through 2nd quarter.

you don't throw the ball te Revis island. lol go Jets! (For Marla's sake) I'm a pats fan. lol
  • jimswmn
    Options
    oh well
  • jimswmn
    Options
    ?action=view&current=HPIM0989.jpg&newest=1