Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    TANYA--

Tell Rob the Jets won-- 24-14--

My SIL has got to be so happy. His dad played for the Jets in the late 70's early 80's.

Hi Bobbi.............Just wanted to say hi...teehee! jeannie
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    ????? I weighed myself last night, usually do it in the morning- gained 4 pounds I am due for weigh in monday morning guess I will step it up today but does your weight fluctuate that much? I guess I will watch the salt.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    richardsrm - don't be disheartened by your weight gain last night, did you weigh yourself this am?? I always fine that throughout the day I can gain anywhere from 2-4lbs, and usually it has gone by the next morning.

arewethereyet - thanks, he can be loving one minute and the next he can be a right $*!$. I love all of my boys but ds2 knows how to push all of my buttons!!

I managed to do 35 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes on the rowing machine this morning. I found the rowing really quite differcult so will stay at 10minutes for a while and then slowly increase the time, maybe a minute a week. Looks like the schools will be reopening tomorrow, and Rob has the car so will get plenty of walking tomorrow as well.
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Thaks for the kind words. Hate to blame the scale but it is old........not digital........floors aren't level and I really hadn't been taking my time when I step on alos need to locate my glasses! Next pay check I think I might get a digital. The dial was really hard to keep on 0:smile: I don't need to cheat at this point in my life...............my secret is very visible to anyone who cares to look:smile::laugh: The sun is supposed to pop out today Think I will walk somewhere. Enjoy the football today folks
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    My old scales were analogue and when I invested in some new digital ones I got a horrid shock when they weighed me at 7lbs :sad: heavier (same position on kitchen floor etc, at same time etc). I adjusted my start weight to reflect this so that the weight lose was easier to track.

Not trying to be the voice of doom, just thought I might try to pre warn you, just incase :wink:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last year-- switched from my old analog one to a new digital that my dear friend, Batman, sent me-- he was buying a newfangled one with all the bell whistles that measures even his hair follicles, so he sent me his old one.

It weighed me 5 pounds higher, too, so I also adjusted my starting weight--

The SpongeMarla phenomena has begun. I looked at my face this morning-- oh my goodness. Even my ear lobes are swollen-- fun stuff.

Heading back to type-- 30 second MFP break over.

Later.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi Black Team – Checking in before the big games J E T S JETS! Go Marla. I’ll be rooting for you. My brother is a diehard Jets fan and has been waiting many many many years:sad:

Andrew- Just finished watching that **** and Rick Hoyt utube video. Unbelievable and very inspirational. I was complaining this morning about the cold! Suck it up Donna!

Tammy- Great Story Do your boys get along? My boys are 15 and 12 and couldn’t be more different
    I am past making sure my kids are still breathing during the night..Is that a bad thing? I go to bed before they do..well not the 12 year old but the other 2.

Lori- I’m envious. I can’t sleep in anymore Sat is my get my workout in, get the housework done! It is my day not to bathe though yuck..dh can’t stand that but after a great workout I keep going with the housework and at the end of the day I’ll take a shower.

Jeanne- ok I need some education. A.Why didn’t you workout for a month? (probably missed that post) and how do you measure the calories burned in weight training?

Bobbi- I love your story. Congrats on being a grandma soon again. Thanks so much for sharing. And you look great in your Easter/wedding dress. My problem right now is keeping everyone straight…it is a big group.

Hi Tanya- Thanks for the welcome for us newbies Are you originally from the states that your husbands likes the Jets?

Rich- You can walk inside the school with the dogs?

Have a great night everyone! Just in case I don't check in later...which I know I will since right now I can't get enough:smile:

Hey...My boys do okay most of the time. My oldest is an XBOX 360 addict so he spends a lot of time on-line with his friends. They don't have a lot in common but they fight minimally. I don't think it is a bad thing that you can sleep through the night without getting up to check on your kids. I usually get up several times to go to the bathroom and just look in on them as I go through, probably just a habit.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just checking in before I head to the gym. Had a pretty good day yesterday. Still hovering around the same weight. Hopefully some weight will disappear this week. I am drinking my water, which is a huge change for me. I usually drink tea most of the day. I have limited my sweets but haven't been able to stay away from them completely. Everyone have a great day!

Marla...Good one! You gave me my laugh for the day.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Lazy day today...this cold is kicking my rear, so I'm taking it easy for a couple days to rest up and self-medicate so I can be back in the game next week (here's hoping). Had one burst of productivity where I went to take Test #2, which I think I bombed. Definitely bummed about that, but I just have to wait and see if it's as bad as I think. (For those not in the know, I am looking to change from my current career to teach elementary school.) If so, I'll just have to take it again later and figure out where to go from there.

Now, I'm back home and resting in bed watching Lifetime movies. The boyfriend went to the store while I was out and got me OJ and soup...and I picked up some more DayQuil and a thermometer. Hope y'all are having a great weekend...I'm waiting for crabcakes and football!

Hope you feel better soon Shunate:flowerforyou: I love me some Lifetime movies too:blushing: Especially when Im laying around not feeling good!:wink:

Keeping my fingers crossed that you didnt "bomb" that test!:smile:

~Roni
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Had a great night last night with hubby. then we woke up at about 3 or so when the power went out. Yeah your thinking can't be that bad you live in Florida well got up this AM when the power came back on and the current temp outside was 28 degrees. FUN TIMES!! OH even better the HEAT wasn't working.almost 4 hours laster it is just starting to move!!! I braved the scale cause sundays is my new weigh in day. It was like joining the polar bear club. I raced to get the clothes off hurried to the scale saw what it read hurried to put my clothes back on.

Very happy today with the scale!! Everyone that is having scale issues I did the same thing. Got a new one and it read 5 pounds heavier! NO FUN!!!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Morning team.

Tammy- our 14 year old is an Xbox addict too. I swear it's all he does, drives me nuts sometimes. I hear him in there talking and he's the only one in the room and realize he's got on the headset chatting online, not talking to himself. :laugh:

Sam- BRRRR! I can't imagine the heat going out now. I just said to DH this morning that our pool has a thin layer of ice on parts of the top of it. It never gets that cold for that long. Now I'm thinking we should leave it run for fear the lines will freeze up. We don't winterize it, it would be more hassle than it's worth, but it's not supposed to be freezing on us!

Roni- I was thinking again last night about your question of counting weight lifting calories, would you eat food and decide not to count those calories? I'm guessing NOT! Count all of 'em!

SpongeMarla- sorry dear. :flowerforyou:

Can't remember who asked, but YES the scale does flucuate that much from night to day. Don't sweat it and don't weigh at night for goodness sake! :laugh: Invest in a good digital scale, it's worth it.

I did NOTHING yesterday, really, nothing. Never got dressed, sat in my recliner, surfed online, watched TV, sat some more, I did empty the dishwasher, that's truly the only productive thing I did- sad- I know. I almost never have days like that. I got a bath at 9 last night, put on clean PJ's and went to bed to watch TV and crashed. I was exhausted from doing nothing!

Today will be better. I can't sit all day again! It was fun while it lasted, but I can't do it two days in a row that's for sure! I'm going to put on clothes today and maybe venture out for a walk with the dog, but it's dang cold. I also will make my family food, didn't do that yesterday either, they were on their own! Aren't I a good mommy? :tongue:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I hope as newbies we can do it also! your loss so far is a good start. I get back on the scales sunday morning. I should be losing at least I hope so. Bitter cold here........last night I went back to my school to walk inside with the kids and the dog.

I agree I think we newbies can do this. Speaking of the cold, I am so ready for spring:flowerforyou:

I KNOW you guys can do this:drinker: :drinker:

I sure wish some warmth would come my way too. I think we have a high of 7 degrees today:noway: To cold for my bones!:laugh:

Enjoy your weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni

Roni,
    I guess I need to quit my whining about 30 degress. Sheesh 7 degrees I coudn't imagine. I'm an island girl :happy:
    ~Jan

Actually Jan, I think we're forecasted some 30's for next week! YAY! Gonna be like spring around here for us:wink::laugh:
  • jessica_benson
    Options
    Thank you for getting this to work for me. I will have to work on getting it resized.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Sam- BRRRR! I can't imagine the heat going out now. I just said to DH this morning that our pool has a thin layer of ice on parts of the top of it. It never gets that cold for that long. Now I'm thinking we should leave it run for fear the lines will freeze up. We don't winterize it, it would be more hassle than it's worth, but it's not supposed to be freezing on us!

The heat is working!! the heat is working!! Thank the lord the heat is working!!!!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Marla- don't sweat one day, you didn't pig out, it shouldn't hurt too much in the end

Amanda- I won't eat just to eat, usuaully, especially late at night. A few days here and there not meeting your calorie goal isn't the end of the world, it's if you did it daily.

Just to share, he's a sight I love for the info: http://www.shapefit.com/training.html

I think I sent you to the page where they break down all the different body parts to work out and give you examples of exercises. Love it! There are also calcultors to calcuate lots of stuff. Videos, info, info, info. If you have time and interest, it's a good place to poke around for ideas.

Just checked it out Lori- what a great site!!:drinker: Thank you, thank you!! So helpful:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thaks for the kind words. Hate to blame the scale but it is old........not digital........floors aren't level and I really hadn't been taking my time when I step on alos need to locate my glasses! Next pay check I think I might get a digital. The dial was really hard to keep on 0:smile: I don't need to cheat at this point in my life...............my secret is very visible to anyone who cares to look:smile::laugh: The sun is supposed to pop out today Think I will walk somewhere. Enjoy the football today folks

I think Tanya already got a pre-warning in lol...so I have to second that. My old scale was the dial as well and when I finally updated it a year or so ago. oh my it was horrid! It was about a 7 lb difference as well, but not in my favor:laugh: I did what Tanya did, readjusted my weight to reflect what the new scale was saying:ohwell: Been using the new digital one ever since and still sometimes dont like what it says!:laugh: (But that would be my fault:wink: )
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Morning team.

Tammy- our 14 year old is an Xbox addict too. I swear it's all he does, drives me nuts sometimes. I hear him in there talking and he's the only one in the room and realize he's got on the headset chatting online, not talking to himself. :laugh:

Roni- I was thinking again last night about your question of counting weight lifting calories, would you eat food and decide not to count those calories? I'm guessing NOT! Count all of 'em!

SpongeMarla- sorry dear. :flowerforyou:

Can't remember who asked, but YES the scale does flucuate that much from night to day. Don't sweat it and don't weigh at night for goodness sake! :laugh: Invest in a good digital scale, it's worth it.

I did NOTHING yesterday, really, nothing. Never got dressed, sat in my recliner, surfed online, watched TV, sat some more, I did empty the dishwasher, that's truly the only productive thing I did- sad- I know. I almost never have days like that. I got a bath at 9 last night, put on clean PJ's and went to bed to watch TV and crashed. I was exhausted from doing nothing!

Today will be better. I can't sit all day again! It was fun while it lasted, but I can't do it two days in a row that's for sure! I'm going to put on clothes today and maybe venture out for a walk with the dog, but it's dang cold. I also will make my family food, didn't do that yesterday either, they were on their own! Aren't I a good mommy? :tongue:

Yeah, Ive been thinking about it pretty much non-stop:embarassed: And I just keep thinking well isnt a calorie burned a calorie burned? I mean whether your burning calories through some type of cardio...or burning calories strength training its still burned calories. I really cant even remember when the issue came up about NOT counting strength training calories, but I do know that it was on MFP, I believe on another message board. (Yes, that was way back in the start when I actually looked at other message boards:blushing: ). And I cant remember WHY it was an issue and that I/everyone was told NOT to count them? I just know that I havent since then....:laugh: But I wanna and Im gonna:wink::happy: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,937 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! While we're talking football (or at least we were a bit several pages ago) Go Cowboys! They won last night. Next week we have to beat the Vikings.

Emerson's party was a success. Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast but didn't get lunch. Had a piece of cake and a small bit of ice cream at the party. Supper was two slices of pizza. I got all of my water drank yesterday. Forgot to log it though. I'll fix it. I had to guess on the cake as far as calories and such but I'm guessing it's somewhat close. The pizza killed me for calories if you look but I didn't log any of the walking back and forth that I did. According to my pedometer I walked 6 miles yesterday just in normal activity.

Anyway, just wanted to check in real quick. I have lots of pages to catch up on though.

TTYL
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Just checking in. Had a great night last night with hubby. then we woke up at about 3 or so when the power went out. Yeah your thinking can't be that bad you live in Florida well got up this AM when the power came back on and the current temp outside was 28 degrees. FUN TIMES!! OH even better the HEAT wasn't working.almost 4 hours laster it is just starting to move!!! I braved the scale cause sundays is my new weigh in day. It was like joining the polar bear club. I raced to get the clothes off hurried to the scale saw what it read hurried to put my clothes back on.

Very happy today with the scale!! Everyone that is having scale issues I did the same thing. Got a new one and it read 5 pounds heavier! NO FUN!!!

Lovin that ticker Sam!:drinker: :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    ????? I weighed myself last night, usually do it in the morning- gained 4 pounds I am due for weigh in monday morning guess I will step it up today but does your weight fluctuate that much? I guess I will watch the salt.

Yes! I an a curious person...........so I preform my own 'scientific' studies :tongue:

One weekend I fluctuated up to 8 pounds!! Of course that was Sunday after high sodium fri and sat, and a huge meal just before weighing in.

Let's just say I was down by 4 in the morning, and the entire 8 was gone on thurs..........by friday I was down 9.

Amazing, these old machines we cart our souls around in!!

:heart: Jeannie