Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Thanks bohlon15, should it show me somewhere on the bike? Sorry been quite happily peddleing but now I want to try to do something with this I can't find what I am looking for!!

Just gone upstairs to put 3 or 4 children to bed - back to school tomorrow :smile: and have come downatairs to find Rob watching the pat and the ravens, no more conversation for me tonight then :huh:

Weigh in tomorrow, hope the scales go the right way :ohwell:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Thanks bohlon15, should it show me somewhere on the bike? Sorry been quite happily peddleing but now I want to try to do something with this I can't find what I am looking for!!

Just gone upstairs to put 3 or 4 children to bed - back to school tomorrow :smile: and have come downatairs to find Rob watching the pat and the ravens, no more conversation for me tonight then :huh:

Weigh in tomorrow, hope the scales go the right way :ohwell:

not really sure. is it electronic. is there a screen on it? you might not be able to do the mile thing unless you have a screen on it.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Sorry about this, yes it is electronic and it does have a screen - otherwise I am at a lose! Will have to note the distance and see how it relates to the time I'm on the bike!

Thank you
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok giving this a try...

%7B1b94cfa3-39fd-4ee6-86c5-09c74429ee7c%7D.jpg&h=400&w=400&rotate=0[img][/img]%7B1b94cfa3-39fd-4ee6-86c5-09c74429ee7c%7D.jpg&h=400&w=400&rotate=0[img][/img]
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Bobbi-- told my husband about the Jets player-- he remembers the era quite well-- during the "New York Sack Exchange," and said to tell the gentleman he's sorry that he had to play for Joe Walton-- one of the worst Jets coaches in history.

Everybody else-- hey there, hi there, ho there--

Later!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Oh boy:blushing: Im trying to post a collage of "before" pics that I spent about an hour making:explode: I also have a collage of "so far" pics if I can ever figure it out:laugh:

(Thanks for trying to help me Lori:flowerforyou: )

~Roni
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Trying again...these are some before photos (hopefully:ohwell: )

Family.jpg
  • Nonibug
    Options
    YIKES! Thats so huge the whole thing isnt even showing:laugh: Trying smaller....:blushing:

Family.jpg
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Family-1.jpg
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Sorry guys:blushing: I went from to BIG to to tiny lol

I hope you guys can just just bear with me while I try to figure this out:ohwell:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    This is a "so far" collage...hopefully it wont be to big or to small:laugh:

Collages.jpg
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sorry about this, yes it is electronic and it does have a screen - otherwise I am at a lose! Will have to note the distance and see how it relates to the time I'm on the bike!

Thank you
    I am the type of person that I just push the buttons until I find what I am looking for! hahaha that might help you!!!:wink::laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Collages.jpg

Maybe we can see them if we look with a magnifying glass!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Roni-- I've seen your pictures before on your profile-- you're amazing-- wonderful, wonderful job.

I'd love to see the picture of you in your little, black dress a bit larger-- that one's not on your profile. You look wonderful.

Had a wee nap with Caleb when I put "him" down for a nap. He naps in Josh's bed in the afternoon, and I lay down with him for a bit and inevitably nap myself-- ahhhhhhh.

Think I'm gonna head down to turbo while the house is quiet-- only a small handful of kids home right now, and hubs just left for his home away from home-- "Home Depot."
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Well with the Pats down 24 -0 in the fourth I bundled up and headed out in the frosty cold and got a 5 mile run in. Focused on form and paced myself slower (About a 10 min mile) Felt like I could have gone forever but I was out of day light.
    Other good news is I stopped and got the battery in my HRM changed out so I finally have a grip on what I am burning.

Like I said earlier today I thought it might be a good idea to list some of the things that come in handy in a weight loss journey. We are all in different positions as far as the money we have to spend but I wanted to give the new folks a list of things that are helpful in the journey. Batman wouldnt fight crime without his utility belt. Well their are a few gadgets that are useful for weight loss.

Progress trackers-
    Scale- Their are two major types- Analog and digital. Analog scales are the old "Dial" scales. While nostalgia might make you want to own one you should avoid them. These scales operate using a spring mechanism and over time this spring warps and losing i'ts "Springyness". As the spring warps the accuracy of the scale goes out the window. so you will weight less and less on a analog scale as time passes. Not because you are losing weight but because the scale is losing it's accuracy. that's why a change from an analog to a digital often makes it look like you gained weight. A digital scale uses electronic sensors that will not weaken over time. The cheaper digital scales (priced 9.99-29.99) usually use one of the electronic cells and can be effected by shifts in your weight from one foot to the other. even so they are very accurate and effective. More expensive scales may have "multi load cell" technology which simply means it uses several sensors throughout the face of the scale to help balance the weight evenly regardless of how you shift. Other features you can find include body fat % and water% readings. Scales have gotten pretty fancy so if any of you guys want more info on how any scale feature works just let me know and I'll beglad to share. For the most part a decent digital scale is enough for what most of us need.

Tape Measure- While we arent seamstresses of tailors I do recommend having a tape measure around. (not the hardware or construction retractable type) a fabric tailor's tape measure is perfect. One of the mistakes I made was not taking measurements to track progress. Their will be alot of times when the scale wont move down or may even move up yet your body will lose inches and go through MANY positive changes. You should definately take the time to measure your progress with more than a scale.

Food related gear-

Food scale- I honestly feel this is a must have item. Eye balling does not work. The key to logging your food is weighting and measuring everything you can for proper portion size. Same rules apply to these as body scales. The dial isnt the best and digital is what you should go for. But if you can't afford digital then a dial food scale is better than no food scale.

Measuring cups and spoons- Not only do I recommend having these I recommend having a couple of sets of each. Just hit your local dollar store. They almost always have them.

Fitness stuff-

Heart Rate Monitor- This is probably the priciest thing I am recommending you consider having. While I say that measuring your calories is so important it is equally important to accurately measure your calorie burn. A full awareness of calorie imput and output is the best way to succeed at what is really a very mathimatical game. Most will have a wrist watch as well as a strap that you wear around your chest. Using your height, weight, gender and age it will read your heart rate during your work out and provide you with an accurate number for calories burned. If I were to recommend a brand I would say "polar" is good. Two models to look at are the Polar F4 and the Polar F6. The difference between the F4 and the more expensive F6 is that the F6 has a coded chest strap that will help keep your monitor from getting readings from someone nearby that is wearing a heart rate monitor. If you dont tend to workout surround by others wearing hear rate monitors then the f4 can be perfect.

I'm sure the rest of the team has stuff they find helpful in their journey and might make some recommendations but these are the things that I think everyone should own. Everyone's different and has different needs.

:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Roni-- I've seen your pictures before on your profile-- you're amazing-- wonderful, wonderful job.

I'd love to see the picture of you in your little, black dress a bit larger-- that one's not on your profile. You look wonderful.

Had a wee nap with Caleb when I put "him" down for a nap. He naps in Josh's bed in the afternoon, and I lay down with him for a bit and inevitably nap myself-- ahhhhhhh.

Think I'm gonna head down to turbo while the house is quiet-- only a small handful of kids home right now, and hubs just left for his home away from home-- "Home Depot."

Thanks Marla:flowerforyou: I will work on getting that one posted...it should be easy to add to my profile pics...not so easy for me to put in a post thats not King Kong sized or mini-me sized:laugh:

I have decided that I want to do the 1000 mile challenge too. So Im reporting my miles "wogged" since Jan 4th (My first day back to the gym in 2010:wink: )
  • Nonibug
    Options

Collages.jpg

Maybe we can see them if we look with a magnifying glass!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink:

I know Sam, I should have passed out magnifying glasses with that post like they do 3-D glasses at the movies!:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Andrew..........you forgot the most important thing.....SUPPORT and I aint referring to a good sports bra(although, that should be on the list too!)!! :laugh:

Like today........I was reaching for the soda or iced tea when I thought OH no......water!! I still have 16 oz to drink!! ^slaps forhead^

So I now have a lovely bottle of perrier to sip on with my gnocchi.

I have been eating clean and drinking my water ONLY because of the support from this team.

:glasses:
  • Marla64
    Options

Thanks Marla:flowerforyou: I will work on getting that one posted...it should be easy to add to my profile pics...not so easy for me to put in a post thats not King Kong sized or mini-me sized:laugh:

I have decided that I want to do the 1000 mile challenge too. So Im reporting my miles "wogged" since Jan 4th (My first day back to the gym in 2010:wink: )

Beautiful picture, Roni-- oh em gee-- what a difference--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Roni you look so TINY..............bwhahahahahahaha..........I am so funny...........smiley-laughing001.gifI just kill myself