Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    :drinker: Evening Black Team!

You guys are sharing some great stories and I am really enjoying getting to know you all!

Jessica- I am so glad you took the time to take some good before pics. Its important to be able to look back and see your progress. I recommend any of you folks just starting the journey do the same.

Well today was a planned swim work out so when the little one went down for his nap I headed to the Y. Must have missed the memo about the MASSIVE youth swim meet this afternoon. lol So I threw on some running shorts for a quick two mile run to keep myself loose. Didnt want to do a long run because I am trying to avoid running to many days in a row. I am loving the swimming and running but I miss the bike. The roads are clear of snow but not of salt and sand and it's just not safe. But the great news Is I found someone selling a good indoor bike trainer at a darn good price. For anyone who doesnt know what that is, its a device you hook up to your bike to convert it into a stationary bike. So I can get my rides in this winter. I can't wait to pick it up this monday. All the benefit of the excersise along with being able to ride "MY" bike set to my size needs. I'm very excited. lol Anyway, planning to make tommorow my long run day and hoping to do it our doors because I will not be able to mentally handle 10-15 miles on a treadmill. Anyhoo, dinner is just about ready so I will check in again later this evening!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I would love to join!! My SW was 175. Is it too late??

Sure thing Roseanne!

Though we arent activley recruiting I would never close the door.

Welcome to the team. Feel free to post any questions, stories, information...anything at all!

Welcome!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    I have a quick question for everyone...Do you guys count your calories burned during strength training, or just cardio calories? I use an HRM so I use it when Im doing my strength training too. For example, today after my cardio work I did some abs and legs work and burned 168 calories for that. I soooo wanna count it:happy: Im never quite sure what to do there when logging my exercise. What do you guys do?:blushing:

~Roni

I don't count my strength training calories but my weight loss is really not that impressive so what do I know?? :blushing: :laugh:

Yeah, I havent been counting mine all this time either but for some reason when I got home from the gym and was logging everything today...I thought, wait a minute, calories burned are calories burned lol.:laugh:

What does everyone else do?:blushing:

~Roni

I count mine, I usually spend 45 to 60 minutes strength training, that's a lot of calories I burn in that time. I can easily burn 300 when I work legs. There is a place to log them in exercise for a reason! Count 'em.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

?action=view&current=HPIM0989.jpg&newest=1
  • 72lori
    Options
    Jeannie- love my Polar too! So much so that I swear I can't workout if it isn't working properly. We've had that discussion before!

I am soooo lazy today. It's sad actually. Still in my PJ's. Haven't done a dang thing. At all. I will shower and put on clean PJ's for bedtime tonight. LOL

Sent DH for Dominos for the family. I only have 300 calories left. Trying to decide if I want to eat some or pass it up. If I eat some, I will go over calories for the 2nd day in a row. Not sure I want to do that. I feel like a big lump as it is, guess that's from not moving all dang day.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ?action=view&current=HPIM0989.jpg

?action=view&current=HPIM0988.jpg

?action=view&current=HPIM0986.jpg

Ok, here are three links to my before pictures. I can't figure out any other way for you to be able to see them. It's ok though because I'm not proud of them any how. LOL!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    jess if they are photo bucket use the link with IMG in it. Then make the IMG lower case.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just got back for a 94 minutes wog. 565 calories burnt!!!!

Andrew, thanks for making me cry all over my computer. :cry: That hit home and made me get off my butt and go exercise, after I kissed my little angel. She loves to go in the wheelchair/stroller thingie but it is just too cold right now. She doesn't regulate body temp right. Wish spring would get here so her and I can hit the road.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Andrew- Thanks for that video...how amazing! I'm still taking the weekend to rest because I feel like crap, but I think you just helped me make my decision about Richmond this fall. :heart: you for that.
  • 72lori
    Options
    HPIM0989.jpg
    HPIM0988.jpg
    HPIM0986.jpg

Jess, in photobucket, right click on the picture, then click on properties, then copy the address part. Hit quote on this message to see where I put the brackets and img and /img.

Edit: I think you need to resize them in the future, not sure why you are cut off.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Shuntae, wanted to tell you I hope you feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAPz3ZB7kzw

Andreeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!:sad: :sad: :sad:

I know there is nothing a parent would not do for their child, and this is proof positive the EVERY life is worth living!!

God Bless you all this blustery cold night.

:heart: Jeannie
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shuntae, wanted to tell you I hope you feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I have been laying around and taking medicine all day...going to do the same tomorrow.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    TANYA--

Tell Rob the Jets won-- 24-14--
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    TANYA--

My SIL has got to be so happy. His dad played for the Jets in the late 70's early 80's.
  • 72lori
    Options
    I like having our food diaries open to others. It really makes me not be lazy about logging.... like the Black Team Logging Police might get me or something... but it's keeping me accountable to logging, which in turn keeps me accountable for my food.

I can't help but notice, I eat a LOT of food compared to some of you! At least it seems that way. LOL I stopped eating as much processed foods as I could, believe me, I used to because it was quick and easy. Much to my surprise, I've found eating whole, clean foods isn't any harder, just something different to get used to. I can eat a lot more clean stuff for my calories so I like it!

Everybody knows you can go in and customize your carbs/protein/fat raito? Right? It's a custom setting. The MFP reccomended amounts are fairly high in carbs and low in protein. I encourage you to do some reading and research to determine a good ratio for you.

Currently I am doing 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats and am anal about sticking to those amounts- cause that's me. When I'm really logging and paying attention, I will eat based on hitting my numbers more than what I want to eat. I wanted a smoothie this afternoon, drank a protein shake instead, becasue it 'fit'.

Also, I've noticed some of you track sugar. I don't for one reason. The recommended daily allowance for sugar intake is vague. It refers to refined sugars and from the research I did, nobody can really agree on a number. Fruits are natural sugars and wouldn't be considered in that daily allowance, so they skew the sugar numbers and make it look like you blow your sugar amount out of the water. Just an observation and that's just me.

Anyway, I digress. All I wanted to say is 'woot' to Andrew for making us tell everybody what we eat. So Andrew. Good one. Woot, woot!

Edit: I re-read that and suddenly felt like I was saying others aren't doing it 'right'. I didn't mean that at all. I'm pretty passionate about doing things the best I can, hence why I do reading, research, etc. I want to know why I am doing what I'm doing, why it's best for me, and so on, not just because the computer told me to. I was just sharing what I've learned along the way, not telling anybody to do things differently! What's the saying, there is more than one way to skin a cat? (That's really a nasty saying by the way but I don't think it really means cats... off to google it....lol.) Off my soap box, promise!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    TANYA--

My SIL has got to be so happy. His dad played for the Jets in the late 70's early 80's.

Bobbi....my husband is a lifelong Jets fan. I'd love to know who his dad was. PM me if you're uncomfortable posting it here.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I hope as newbies we can do it also! your loss so far is a good start. I get back on the scales sunday morning. I should be losing at least I hope so. Bitter cold here........last night I went back to my school to walk inside with the kids and the dog.

I agree I think we newbies can do this. Speaking of the cold, I am so ready for spring:flowerforyou:

I KNOW you guys can do this:drinker: :drinker:

I sure wish some warmth would come my way too. I think we have a high of 7 degrees today:noway: To cold for my bones!:laugh:

Enjoy your weekend:flowerforyou:

~Roni

Roni,
    I guess I need to quit my whining about 30 degress. Sheesh 7 degrees I coudn't imagine. I'm an island girl :happy:
    ~Jan
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I like having our food diaries open to others. It really makes me not be lazy about logging.... like the Black Team Logging Police might get me or something... but it's keeping me accountable to logging, which in turn keeps me accountable for my food.

I can't help but notice, I eat a LOT of food compared to some of you! At least it seems that way. LOL I stopped eating as much processed foods as I could, believe me, I used to because it was quick and easy. Much to my surprise, I've found eating whole, clean foods isn't any harder, just something different to get used to. I can eat a lot more clean stuff for my calories so I like it!

Everybody knows you can go in and customize your carbs/protein/fat raito? Right? It's a custom setting. The MFP reccomended amounts are fairly high in carbs and low in protein. I encourage you to do some reading and research to determine a good ratio for you.

Currently I am doing 50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats and am anal about sticking to those amounts- cause that's me. When I'm really logging and paying attention, I will eat based on hitting my numbers more than what I want to eat. I wanted a smoothie this afternoon, drank a protein shake instead, becasue it 'fit'.

Also, I've noticed some of you track sugar. I don't for one reason. The recommended daily allowance for sugar intake is vague. It refers to refined sugars and from the research I did, nobody can really agree on a number. Fruits are natural sugars and wouldn't be considered in that daily allowance, so they skew the sugar numbers and make it look like you blow your sugar amount out of the water. Just an observation and that's just me.

Anyway, I digress. All I wanted to say is 'woot' to Andrew for making us tell everybody what we eat. So Andrew. Good one. Woot, woot!

Edit: I re-read that and suddenly felt like I was saying others aren't doing it 'right'. I didn't mean that at all. I'm pretty passionate about doing things the best I can, hence why I do reading, research, etc. I want to know why I am doing what I'm doing, why it's best for me, and so on, not just because the computer told me to. I was just sharing what I've learned along the way, not telling anybody to do things differently! What's the saying, there is more than one way to skin a cat? (That's really a nasty saying by the way but I don't think it really means cats... off to google it....lol.) Off my soap box, promise!

Interesting post Lori. I have often wondered if I should change things or not. I changed it to 50% carbs, 25% protien and 20% fat. I also track my fiber, but not my sugar because I personally I am scared to know. :laugh: Okay not really, but you are right about natural sugar.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I didnt read it that way at all Lori.

I found myself thinking through a slice of pizza today because I would have to log it!! I LOVe the fact one of you all my see my cheat and call me out on it!

That my dear friend is accountability!! :smooched: