Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I know slowing down might not sound like a good thing but I ran much farther than ussual and felt like I could have run forever. I finally feel like I am learning something. Can't wait to go even further this week.

I love runs like that...best feeling ever. :happy:
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I did it!! I got 2 pics posted without taking over a whole page:laugh: (Thanks Lori:wink: )

Jan- It was 1 year for me on this journey on Sept 25, 2009. So its been about 15 mos so far. I still have somewhere around 25 lbs left to lose and Im hanging on to the Black Team for dear life:heart:

WOW...simply amazing!!!

~Jan
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Andrew-- that's wonderful.

I know when I run with my husband, he always competes and I have to push myself to 'race' him-- I finish my 3 miles and am dead tired-- which is probably not a bad thing.

But, when I head out solo, I concentrate like you today-- on form, and distance-- and just relaxing and enjoying the mental benefits--

I was going to run today, but fagged out-- 15 degrees and no wind, which probably would have been lovely. But, I went down and did 45 minutes of turbo jam instead.

No more food tonight-- lots of water-- good day.

Later!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi! :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,935 Member
    Options
    - stuck with one piece of pizza for lunch knowing you all would be seeing it.

- logged the cupcake i had at another b-day party today. tenley had a party for a classmate....

- who knew ribeye steak had so many calories.....

- been doing excellent with my water

- until yesterday i'd done well with no sweets.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Awesome work Kati!

Well black team I am headed to bed. Just wanted to pop in as say that I adjusted the signature to reflect my race schedule for this year. Oh man I better get to work. lol Doing a sprint tri less than two weeks before my olympic.....glutton for punishment.

:drinker:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    awesome schedule Batman--

Hubs and I are doing the Pediatric Cancer Foundation of the Lehigh Valley 8k in March-- there is another 5k series that we're eyeing, but haven't sent in the mula yet-- can't send in what you don't have, eh?
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Boy ya'll are busy typing away on the weekend I barely have time to catch up. Welp my availability at work mon through fri is 8 to 1 so why am I going in at 5 am again. Oh well, today is my friday and if it is slow maybe they will send me home early. Gonna be a me day tomorrow getting my nail done toes done eyebrows done and hair done, I should feel like I new person!!!!

Well I hope everyone gets there last minutes workouts in...
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Well forgot to weigh myself this am, had to change beds, get the boys back into the school routine and me into my work routine :huh:. Had to walk the children to school this morning, pushing 2 in the tandem buggy normally this is ok, but trying to do this today through the snow/ice/slush was not fun, and it took me 90 minutes to do what usually takes an hour! but think of all those extra calories burnt :laugh:

Hope everyone has a good monday
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Tammy, Amanda, Shuntae, Jeannie Lori, Andrew, Jan, Marla, Sam and everyone else...hope I didnt forget anyone--Thank you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I really am very proud of myself!:blushing: :drinker: :drinker:

Be right back, time to get the boys up for school but want to comment on some posts:wink:
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Roni, congrats on getting the pictures up there and you look really good. I really wish now i'd thought of doing some proper before and after photos.
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Roni, congrats on getting the pictures up there and you look really good. I really wish now i'd thought of doing some proper before and after photos.

Thanks Tanya! Yes, they are priceless! As much as we hate them, they are always a good way to look back at how far you have come:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Roni! I really wouldn't recognize you in your before picture. LOOK how far you have come! So proud of you. I hope you have measurements! I bet they are mind boggling.

Great job, pics I can see. :bigsmile:

Yep, I have measurements Lori. I didnt start tracking measurements until 2 months after I started...but I have been doing them every month on the 5th since then. Its great especially on the weeks that me and the scale dont quite see eye to eye:wink:

Here are some totals for inches lost to date:
    Chest--10.4 inches lost
    Upper Chest--8.9 inches lost (Right under arms, basically from armpit around to armpit...great way to measure back fat lost)
    Rib Cage--13.6 inches lost
    Waist--19.0 inches lost
    Hips/Butt--20.8 inches lost
    Thighs--10.1 inches lost
    Calves--5.6 inches lost
    Neck--3.5 inches lost
    Belly Fat--25.3 inches lost (YES, I actually had enough of a belly hang to measure it:ohwell: )

I highly recommend to those just starting out to get those measurements and keep track. I do mine once a month on the same day each month, but I think everyone has their own preference on how often to measure:smile:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Just finished logging for today...I'm under, but too full to eat more. Oh well. Didn't work out, so no harm no foul. Feeling a little better, so I'm hoping to get back to running tomorrow. Even if I can't run, I will get some kind of workout in. I need to sweat out some of this sodium. I know soup makes me feel better, but the salt is a killer (yes, I was too lazy to make my own. Oh well.). Been pounding the water, so that should help too.

At first I wasn't so crazy about the idea of opening up my food diary...but now I think I like the accountability factor. I don't know if anyone actually is looking, but just the realization that people could is forcing me to actually be consistent in logging so that is a win.

I hope your feeling alot better this morning!:happy:
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Back to the weird question about what the distance is measured in on my exercise bike....... I can't find anything written on it to say if km or miles so thought I'd put out there what I have just done on the bike and see what you think!!!

Distance - 23.31
    Time - 30 minutes
    Calories burnt - 536.2
    Max pulse - 124

Thanks in advance for any help :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Back to the weird question about what the distance is measured in on my exercise bike....... I can't find anything written on it to say if km or miles so thought I'd put out there what I have just done on the bike and see what you think!!!

Distance - 23.31
    Time - 30 minutes
    Calories burnt - 536.2
    Max pulse - 124

Thanks in advance for any help :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I would say it is very hard to do 23 miles in 30 minutes! you have a good burn there so you were moving but no way someone can do 50 mph, right?

I am ignorant as to UK measurements. Do you have a measure that is less than a mile?

It would seem you could go maybe...max 7-10 miles in 30 minutes.

IDK....anyone else?

BTW...that is a great burn girl!! Keep up the good work!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The Standard, Imperial, UK or US System of Measurement for length, area, mass, ... 1760 yards (yds), = 1 mile ( m ), about 15 minutes walking, = 1.61 km ...

1760 yards (yds) = 1 mile ( m ) about 15 minutes walking = 1.61 km

I would think it entirely possible you did 23.61 KM given the calorie burn you endured.

So that would be 14.67 miles?
    hmmmmmmmmm doesnt seem anyone could go 50 MPH on a bike. More investigation is needed
    http://www.convertunits.com/from/km/to/miles
  • mumsanutter
    Options
    Jeannie, we have kilometers (not sure if that's spelt right!), and when I did the conversion 23.31km changed to 14 miles!!!! So that would be 28 miles per hour, doesn't sound possible does it :huh: . Well i am stumped, might try to get in touch with the company I brought it from and see if they can help!

Thanks for replying, and looks like we posted at the same time :laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday my friends! :flowerforyou:

Editted to say: I finally got to roll a thread and didn't even purposely do it! :bigsmile: