Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Andrew..........you forgot the most important thing.....SUPPORT and I aint referring to a good sports bra(although, that should be on the list too!)!! :laugh:

Like today........I was reaching for the soda or iced tea when I thought OH no......water!! I still have 16 oz to drink!! ^slaps forhead^

So I now have a lovely bottle of perrier to sip on with my gnocchi.

I have been eating clean and drinking my water ONLY because of the support from this team.

:glasses:

Indeed-- I'm baking pizza (little frozen, crapola kinds from Aldi) right now for the family-- and just don't need the crap in 'em, but would probably have eaten it anyway--

Instead I think I'll have some cereal w/raisins-- or sumpin-- and then head down to workout. I never got there before-- relaxation in the quiet house proved too nice.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Today is "my last day workout" since I weigh in on Monday mornings. I ran 4 miles and managed to burn 600 calories. I'm training for a 10K in the Spring and hope to be down 30 lbs by then. Boy its hard to run alone, but thought of Black Team while on Treadmill. Go Team!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Today is "my last day workout" since I weigh in on Monday mornings. I ran 4 miles and managed to burn 600 calories. I'm training for a 10K in the Spring and hope to be down 30 lbs by then. Boy its hard to run alone, but thought of Black Team while on Treadmill. Go Team!

Isn't that so true-- we're never alone, "WE'RE" always with us-- I think of this team always when I'm running.

Way to go-- 4 miles is terrific.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

Ok....do NOT laugh........but I wore a black tshirt and pants to my first workout in over a month. I could not wait to post that I worked out. Today my muscles are sore and I feel great!

WOW! What a run! Girl I strive to get to 1 mile of straight out running. Marla showed me I can, and Beth showed me everyone starts somewhere. Now I have you to look up to!

Jeannie
  • retrobaby
    Options
    This is a "so far" collage...hopefully it wont be to big or to small:laugh:

Collages.jpg

Wow, You look great. What an accomplishment. How long has it taken you to lose your weight?

~Jan
  • retrobaby
    Options

Ok....do NOT laugh........but I wore a black tshirt and pants to my first workout in over a month. I could not wait to post that I worked out. Today my muscles are sore and I feel great!

WOW! What a run! Girl I strive to get to 1 mile of straight out running. Marla showed me I can, and Beth showed me everyone starts somewhere. Now I have you to look up to!

Jeannie

Jeannie,

I'm glad you worked out and for me it helps to hear others working out too, so thanks for posting.

You can run a mile believe me. Marla's so right everyone starts somewhere. I could remember my first mile and how great I felt afterwards. For me it did not matter how long it took me, what mattered was that I actually did it without stopping. I can't wait to hear when you accomplish that goal.

~Jan
  • retrobaby
    Options

Isn't that so true-- we're never alone, "WE'RE" always with us-- I think of this team always when I'm running.

Way to go-- 4 miles is terrific.

Thanks Marla,

I used to have "physical" running partners, but it's so nice to have my "online" Black Team. I'm so inspired by all of your stories that it really helps to just finish those long runs.

Thanks again,
    ~Jan
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Roni you look so TINY..............bwhahahahahahaha..........I am so funny...........smiley-laughing001.gifI just kill myself

Very funny Jeannie:grumble: :laugh: :laugh::wink: But that was a good one:drinker:

Ok off to try to redeem myself with the pic posting:blushing:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Roni-- I've seen your pictures before on your profile-- you're amazing-- wonderful, wonderful job.

I'd love to see the picture of you in your little, black dress a bit larger-- that one's not on your profile. You look wonderful.

Had a wee nap with Caleb when I put "him" down for a nap. He naps in Josh's bed in the afternoon, and I lay down with him for a bit and inevitably nap myself-- ahhhhhhh.

Think I'm gonna head down to turbo while the house is quiet-- only a small handful of kids home right now, and hubs just left for his home away from home-- "Home Depot."

Thanks Marla:flowerforyou: I will work on getting that one posted...it should be easy to add to my profile pics...not so easy for me to put in a post thats not King Kong sized or mini-me sized:laugh:

I have decided that I want to do the 1000 mile challenge too. So Im reporting my miles "wogged" since Jan 4th (My first day back to the gym in 2010:wink: )

Beautiful picture, Roni-- oh em gee-- what a difference--

Thanks Marla:flowerforyou: I was really kind of shy about posting it because I had no makeup on in the pic:blushing: Who really cares?! Right?:wink:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok I think this is a before pic that not even my "old friends" on here have seen. This is me at 335 lbs with my best friend. (Ignore her black eye...I didnt do it! lol)

MeLisaCOct06.jpg

And this one is me in Nov 09 with 135 lbs gone (I know, I gained a few back since then:ohwell: lol)

Nov09-135lbsGone.jpg
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Hey!! I did it!! I got 2 pics posted without taking over a whole page:laugh: (Thanks Lori:wink: )

Jan- It was 1 year for me on this journey on Sept 25, 2009. So its been about 15 mos so far. I still have somewhere around 25 lbs left to lose and Im hanging on to the Black Team for dear life:heart:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Roni...What amazing pictures. You look fabulous!! Thanks for sharing.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Hey!! I did it!! I got 2 pics posted without taking over a whole page:laugh: (Thanks Lori:wink: )

Jan- It was 1 year for me on this journey on Sept 25, 2009. So its been about 15 mos so far. I still have somewhere around 25 lbs left to lose and Im hanging on to the Black Team for dear life:heart:

Talk about inspiring, you look fabulous! What a difference~thanks for sharing those with us.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

:cry: I am so proud of you Roni. You have overcome some horrible things and yet you are a postive and uplifting person!

Look at you! WOW!! So healthy! God Bless you my dear!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Roni! I really wouldn't recognize you in your before picture. LOOK how far you have come! So proud of you. I hope you have measurements! I bet they are mind boggling.

Great job, pics I can see. :bigsmile:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,759 Member
    Options
    Isn't it great to have the support..... or nagging thought that you have to fess up to what you did.... either way of a team!

I ate a McDonalds ice cream cone for snack this afternoon. :noway: Yup. It was good. I liked it. I didn't feel bad. I'm working on the sweets in moderation thing, so it's all good.

I went over my calories a little today too. It's so much harder to stay in my number when I dont' work out. I thought about jumping on the elliptical to make up for it, but it's less than 50, it's my day off and once again, not feeling bad about it.

I had a salad as my vege with dinner. That is not a low calorie thing for me. I like egg on it, I like cheese on it, I like croutons on it, I like ranch dressing (and not the low fat or fat free stuff) on it. I'm better to stay away from salads! It did tast yummy though.

Tomorrow is to the gym, work hard, I enjoyed my relaxing weekend.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

You look amazing...I am sooooooooooo proud of you!!! :heart:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice I will get a new scale monday.........hate to cause I am afraid bud what the hell ...I need to get real
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Just finished logging for today...I'm under, but too full to eat more. Oh well. Didn't work out, so no harm no foul. Feeling a little better, so I'm hoping to get back to running tomorrow. Even if I can't run, I will get some kind of workout in. I need to sweat out some of this sodium. I know soup makes me feel better, but the salt is a killer (yes, I was too lazy to make my own. Oh well.). Been pounding the water, so that should help too.

At first I wasn't so crazy about the idea of opening up my food diary...but now I think I like the accountability factor. I don't know if anyone actually is looking, but just the realization that people could is forcing me to actually be consistent in logging so that is a win.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Evening all-

Roni- you look amazing dear!

Shuntae-Glad your feeling better!

For all my running friends. I am thrilled that I feel like a better runner. Since I started running last year my biggest issue was being able to pace myself. I have been more of a sprinter. Glad to be running a 7 and a half minuete mile and usually pretty dead after my 5k runs. Well I finally learned some runnig form from a book I am reading and when I ran today I focused on my form and an amazing thing happend. I managed to slow down! I know slowing down might not sound like a good thing but I ran much farther than ussual and felt like I could have run forever. I finally feel like I am learning something. Can't wait to go even further this week.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Week one is almost at an end and everyone is doing so well!

Woohoo go black team!
    :drinker: