Black Team Week #1 Challenge thread-

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Sam- BRRRR! I can't imagine the heat going out now. I just said to DH this morning that our pool has a thin layer of ice on parts of the top of it. It never gets that cold for that long. Now I'm thinking we should leave it run for fear the lines will freeze up. We don't winterize it, it would be more hassle than it's worth, but it's not supposed to be freezing on us!

The heat is working!! the heat is working!! Thank the lord the heat is working!!!!

Brrrr Thank God, Sam!! I am freezing my thin blooded Florida patootie OFF this morning!!

Ice on my road, folks................ICE!!

The dogs refuse to go outside. Keep looking at me like I am nuts!

last night I had to LIFT the 2 fifty pound turds and BRING them outside................goodness they are spoiled!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Just checking in. Had a great night last night with hubby. then we woke up at about 3 or so when the power went out. Yeah your thinking can't be that bad you live in Florida well got up this AM when the power came back on and the current temp outside was 28 degrees. FUN TIMES!! OH even better the HEAT wasn't working.almost 4 hours laster it is just starting to move!!! I braved the scale cause sundays is my new weigh in day. It was like joining the polar bear club. I raced to get the clothes off hurried to the scale saw what it read hurried to put my clothes back on.

Very happy today with the scale!! Everyone that is having scale issues I did the same thing. Got a new one and it read 5 pounds heavier! NO FUN!!!

:noway: FIFTY SEVEN POUNDS?? That awesome Sam!!

Woot!:glasses:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    so here are some pics from last night. I was a little nervous about this dress but I ended up LOVING it and it just might be my go to dress for date nights!!!!
    12-09to1-10088.jpg12-09to1-10086.jpg
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thank you for getting this to work for me. I will have to work on getting it resized.
    \

Ha-- that's why we're all here-- trying to get "it resized." Badump bump--

Hang in there, Jessica-- you can do this!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Lovin that ticker Sam!:drinker: :drinker:

thanks! I'm trying to get it back down to the pre family visit weight!! I'm on my weigh!! Hahaha
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    so here are some pics from last night. I was a little nervous about this dress but I ended up LOVING it and it just might be my go to dress for date nights!!!!

:love: What a beautiful couple!! You look GREAT Sam!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    way too much sodium today-- bit of this dip, that dip and the other dip-- couple of these chips and those chips-- and ended with a sloppy Jo and 2/3 cup of ice cream-- spirit of full disclosure, here.

Good news-- I drank all my water, but with all the sodium, I'm due for a good SpongeMarla episode--

Not sure if I'll get out running-- way cold tonight, and all the TVs are taken by various asundry children-- we'll see, though-- hubs is making sounds of running, and I'd go if he goes.

other than that, I'm going to get my typing done and hit the hay-- all in all, calories weren't terrible, truly-- I didn't bother logging, but I know I didn't pig out-- but the sodium will be my downfall no doubt.

Fingers crossed that I can combat it tomorrow through Wednesday before weigh in--

Don't sweat it Marla dear.

My team's playoff game is today and their will be beer and a small qty of nachos. I intend to enjoy this game today. We have changed out overall lifestyle but werent arent dead. lol You and I know that thin healthy people know how to eat drink and be merry. They just don't do it every day. or for two months like I did over the holidays. lol

Cheers!:flowerforyou: Glad you jets won yesterday. Hope I have the same luck today.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    ????? I weighed myself last night, usually do it in the morning- gained 4 pounds I am due for weigh in monday morning guess I will step it up today but does your weight fluctuate that much? I guess I will watch the salt.

I've seen as much as a 7 lb difference from night to morning. Dont sweat it. =)
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    way too much sodium today-- bit of this dip, that dip and the other dip-- couple of these chips and those chips-- and ended with a sloppy Jo and 2/3 cup of ice cream-- spirit of full disclosure, here.

Good news-- I drank all my water, but with all the sodium, I'm due for a good SpongeMarla episode--

Not sure if I'll get out running-- way cold tonight, and all the TVs are taken by various asundry children-- we'll see, though-- hubs is making sounds of running, and I'd go if he goes.

other than that, I'm going to get my typing done and hit the hay-- all in all, calories weren't terrible, truly-- I didn't bother logging, but I know I didn't pig out-- but the sodium will be my downfall no doubt.

Fingers crossed that I can combat it tomorrow through Wednesday before weigh in--

My team's playoff game is today and their will be beer and a small qty of nachos. I intend to enjoy this game today. We have changed out overall lifestyle but werent arent dead. lol You and I know that thin healthy people know how to eat drink and be merry. They just don't do it every day. or for two months like I did over the holidays. lol

Cheers!:flowerforyou: Glad you jets won yesterday. Hope I have the same luck today.
    Congrats Marla! Yey Jets! Good luck today Batman with the Pats. Happy the Eagles lost. We live in Eagle territory and DH loves to go into school on Monday to console his students:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Sam you guys look awesome!

So many tales of how the change from analog to digital scales was frightning. lol I feel the need to do a "Tools of the trade" post for all the new folks. But alas kick off is in 10 mins. So I will do it later today. I'm going to rommend some things to have around the house to help you with your journey including a full run down of the features and benefits of different types of scales. Fortunatley my profession involves knowing a bit about bathroom scales ect... lol That way at least everyone will be informed. Have a good afternoon! I'll be back later.

:drinker:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    TANYA--

Tell Rob the Jets won-- 24-14--

My SIL has got to be so happy. His dad played for the Jets in the late 70's early 80's.

Hi Bobbi.............Just wanted to say hi...teehee! jeannie

Hi Jeannie !!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey kids!

I'm awake (for now, at least) to eat lunch and watch some football -my team didn't make it, but I am all for anyone who beats the Ravens. So, it really pains me to say this, but Go Pats!

Enjoying some grilled cheese and tomato soup, and trying to gag down as much water as I can to combat sodium. Not sure I will be able to run my 3 miles tomorrow, but I'm doing something. I miss working out! :sad:

Hope everyone's having a great day!

Sam- You guys look great; love the dress! Where were you?
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Congrats Marla! Yey Jets! Good luck today Batman with the Pats. Happy the Eagles lost. We live in Eagle territory and DH loves to go into school on Monday to console his students:laugh:

You're not too far from where I grew up...it was about 70 miles south of Philly. I'm still in MD now, but considerably further away. In the middle of Ravens country as a Steeler fan. It's great when the purple people lose. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    But alas kick off is in 10 mins.

Thanks Andrew!!!! LETS GO RAVENS!!!!!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    But alas kick off is in 10 mins.

Thanks Andrew!!!! LETS GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

Ewwwww. But I hate the Pats, too...there is really no "lesser of two evils" here.
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone enjoys the football today, Rob is routing for the Ravens but heyho!!! :devil:

Weird question now - does anyone know what the distance is measured in on an exercise bike display?? I'd love to try to do the 1000mile challenge on the bike, but don't know what the bike is measuring distance in!! :huh:

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and those who are ill get better soon xx
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Ewwwww. But I hate the Pats, too...there is really no "lesser of two evils" here.

I'm not a Ravens fan either but if they win it makes it easier for the Jets. Also, I vomit at the thought of the Pats going to the Superbowl again!!!

To me it's like seeing the Yankees in the World Series. OVER IT!!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Hope everyone enjoys the football today, Rob is routing for the Ravens but heyho!!! :devil:

Weird question now - does anyone know what the distance is measured in on an exercise bike display?? I'd love to try to do the 1000mile challenge on the bike, but don't know what the bike is measuring distance in!! :huh:

Hope everyone had a good weekend, and those who are ill get better soon xx

Your bike should register miles or kilometers.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

I'm not a Ravens fan either but if they win it makes it easier for the Jets. Also, I vomit at the thought of the Pats going to the Superbowl again!!!

To me it's like seeing the Yankees in the World Series. OVER IT!!!

Gotcha...I feel the same about the Yankees.

My team's out, so I'm not rooting for anyone really...just definitely can't support a hated rival. Don't think you'll have to worry about the Pats getting back to the SB...they look horrible.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Love the pics Sam!! You look great:drinker: