Jack Russell Fan Club

Options
CALIECAT
CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
this is to replace the thread Who has a Jack Russell????

I like this title better. I will post this link on the pld thread so All of you Jack Russell Fans can find us.

We love our Jack Russell so much.

Sammy has been on a diet and this morning he lost a lb. Hurray for him. He just loves to eat.
especaly grilled chicken.

How is LOLO, Lexie, I got to get all of their names down so I can remember them I love them all tho. I always get a Jack Russell calender for Christmas. One of my girls usally give me one. I really wanted one made of Sammy but did not get around to it.

Be looking for you guys
Sammy and Marie

Replies

• jenhopey2086
    Options
    We have a cross-breed doggy, half jack russell and half rat terrier. We just love her!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie! Tell Sammy that Lolo and I are so proud of him for losing a pound! How much does he have to lose? I wonder if you can get a "ticker" for him?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We have a cross-breed doggy, half jack russell and half rat terrier. We just love her!

First of all welcome to MfP. This is the most of all sites. I love it here.

And welcome to the Jack Russell Fan Club. Your little dog is most welcome too. Whats her name? and do you have a picture of her. I bet she is cute as a button.

Hope to see you here again. If we can help you in getting around please let us know.

Marie and Sammy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Marie! Tell Sammy that Lolo and I are so proud of him for losing a pound! How much does he have to lose? I wonder if you can get a "ticker" for him?

He needs to lose at lease 5 lbs. My Dh has fially quit letting hin lick this ice cream bowl That helps now if he would just quit feeding him Sausage in the morning. He still gets 2 walks in every day. DH takes hime ,still too cold for me to get out. I am looking for spring.

I love your new pictures, My how sexy you look.

I would if I could, don't know how?

marie And Sammy
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Yay! new fav thread! Lexie says congrats to Sammy as well, and good morning to LoLo! Lexie is so sweet she gives me "hugs" every day before I go to work, it makes me sad that I can't bring her with me!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! How's everyone doing?
  • vrdz3215
    Options

doing great! how bout yourself???? r u from the south too??? ( just wonderin because of the ya'll) lol :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

doing great! how bout yourself???? r u from the south too??? ( just wonderin because of the ya'll) lol :)

Just north of Atlanta...the snow this past week was torture for my pups. They would go out in 30 minute intervels and run like mad and then come in and curl up on the couch in a ball to reheat.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Also,
    You have my best friend as one of your 'friends'. I'm in the same office as MKWRose...we are litterly about 3 feet from each other right now, lol.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    LOL:) thats funny..you need to get on her tail, she hasnt been on for a while! its nice to connect with people from the same area!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    LOL:) thats funny..you need to get on her tail, she hasnt been on for a while! its nice to connect with people from the same area!

I'll let her know.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Yay! new fav thread! Lexie says congrats to Sammy as well, and good morning to LoLo! Lexie is so sweet she gives me "hugs" every day before I go to work, it makes me sad that I can't bring her with me!

It's funny how much alike our dogs seem to be. Lois's morning routine is as follows: Alarm goes off, she moves up from under the covers and lays between DH and I with her head on the pillow. We crawl out of bed and she stays in until I come out from the shower. She goes outside for a minute and either goes back to bed or sits on the couch with her dad. The moment I take the towel off my hair to blow dry it, she comes in and hops up on my lap. I have to blow dry her for a minute before I can start on my hair. I make her hop off while I do my hair and she will go in for a bite to eat. Then, back to bed or the couch, or she'll find a toy if she is feeling energetic. She lays in the bedroom while I get ready to head out the door, follows me to the door and her and DH kiss me bye and wish me a good day. It is so funny! She is soooooo exhausted on Mondays - like mother like dog I guess! :laugh:
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    that sounds about like Lexie except she is so afraid of my hair dryer! she hates it! she also hates the vacuum cleaner, she always tries to attack it! lol :)

good morning to all the pups, hope you have a great day....woof woof xoxoxo~Lexie
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    Good morning! I love this thread! I want to share a funny story with fellow JRT lovers.

Last week the kids, 16, 14, 5 (the only boy), and 2 went to play in the snow. Our back yard is about .75 acres and is fenced. General thinks that is most def. "his" space. He is always thrill when the family joins him in his space to play, but he's gotta show his stuff for a few minutes. So, he went racing around the yard, bringing the kids toys and teasing them and then he got one of our son's gloves and took off. My son was a wreck, crying and yelling at him.

General thought is was fabulous and was totally teasing the kids with it as the older two tried to get it from him. Finally, our 14 year old came in to get dad (General is SO just one of the kids, lol). Before my husband could get outside, our 2 year old, who has autism, yelled for General to stop it and he brought the glove over to our son, dropped it and went down in a submissive position, ears back and all. It's so funny how he knows to listen to her, but will ignore the older three kids all the time, lol. I was watching from the kitchen window and it was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

JRT's really are wonderful family dogs!! I wouldn't trade his energy and craziness for anything!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Love that story of General. Thanks for sharing it with us. General is aa very smart Jack Russell. As all of them are.
    I do beleve Sammy can read my husband and I minds. One thing for sure he can let us know what he wants.

And talking about toys Sammy knows the name of each of his toys and will go pick them out as we ask where is hoggie or someother toy. and them all he wants to do is play. play, play.

Marie and Sammy
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    what a cute story about General! Lexie does similar stuff to me, she listens to her daddy much better than me because daddy will discipline her and mommy is a softie...lol :) she has toys that she know their names too! if I tell her to go get her "bear" she goes and gets it...it amazes me how intelligent JRT's are, most people dont believe me when I tell them that she understands when I talk to her..they just think Im crazy for talking to a dog, but in my mind she is just a furry human with four legs!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Good morning to all my fellow JRT nuts! How's everyone doing? How are the pups?
    The snow in my backyard is almost gone and my pups are much happier now thay they are not freezing their little paws. They ran around like crazy little imps for a good hour yesterday afternoon.
  • vrdz3215
    Options
    Morning all! Lexie wanted to say good morning, and hope everyone is having a fantastic day so far. The snow in my backyard is still there, but Lexie seems to have gotten used to it some, she will stay out for around 10 minutes now before she whines to come back in, she hates the cold!
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    Good morning! Ahh, the poor pups who aren't used to the snow must've been so confused! We live in Michigan so General's very used to it, though he doesn't love it. I think it is matters a whole lot to him that he patrol his grounds all day, so he stays outside for about an hour a time and then comes in to warm up and eat. Just like the kids, lol.

We are hoping to move to TN or GA in the next year, and we think he's going to be much happier having green grass to play in more days of the year.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Poor Lexie. Our front yard is still covered...we had some trees removed from our back yard last year so I guess it's a bit more open now (we had a tree fall on my hubbys car and it pulled the lines down...thus, no power in my house at 3 in the morning...with three dogs, 1 child, and no hubby (he was away on business)...and it was storming, it was horrible). To this day I shake when it's really windy at night.

I believe that General would love it in GA. Our 'winters' are cold and usually are from January-March. Our blizzard of '95 was in March I believe. Just be prepared for the heat in summer. General sounds a lot like my inlaws Jack-Pitti Pat...she runs her patrol about 6 times a day and then lounges on the back porch the rest of the time. There are no animals in that back yard...squirrels, frogs, turtles...and of course the dreaded cat. Pitti and her sisses Scarlette, Dixie, and Chimi took down a copperhead this past spring. Pitti, Scar, and Dixie are all JRTs...Chimi is a chihuahua. We also have the preveledge of having my sis-in-law here (her hubbs is in Korea right now-1 year deployment) with her two dogs-Roxanne (a JRT) and Bogie (Lab mix). During the holidays when my other BIL/SIL are down we have a houseful. 12 dogs to 12 humans.