Jack Russell Fan Club

Options

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    [img]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s68/marieward/100_0893.jpg[/Iimg] And Sammy And I wont to go walking 3 or 4 times a day. Marie[/img]

Lolo and I will be taking more walks this Spring and Summer because her boy friends live right up the road now and they like walks a lot! :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hey look like I goofed.

Are you still looking for a sister for Lolo? They would have a good time playing. In the warm sunshine.

Wonder how Lexie is doing?
  • elcyclista
    elcyclista Posts: 393
    Options
    For some reason when I read the title of this thread I thought of this guy:

<a href="http://scrapetv.com/News/News Pages/Sports/images-2/gladiator-movie-russell-crowe.jpg&quot;&gt;

XD
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Hey all! We got another 2 inches of snow yesterday...I'm ready for Spring. We've had at least one 'major' snow every month since December-this is Georgia we're supposed to get 1 snow during winter...not one every 3-4 weeks, ugh. :grumble:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Hey all! We got another 2 inches of snow yesterday...I'm ready for Spring. We've had at least one 'major' snow every month since December-this is Georgia we're supposed to get 1 snow during winter...not one every 3-4 weeks, ugh. :grumble:

Snow has been crazy this year. We actually broke a 100 year old record in Central Ohio. It's supposed to be in the upper 40's this weekend and I am SOOO Excited. Hopefully some of this snow melts and Lois can play in her backyard soon!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Lolo. we are heading into the high 60's and should reach 70 next week. I am so glad.
    You and sammy can play your heart out and Lexie too. Also the 3 little pigs. wonder what they are up to.Sring is coming. We have dafodills blooming in our yard now and the Irsh all have blowms on them and will be blooming soon And easter will shortly be here. What a cold winter we all have had.
    Marie
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Thought you all would want to see this...
    http://www.aspca.org/news/national/03-05-10.html#1
    It's not a nice story and my heart about broke.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Thought you all would want to see this...
    http://www.aspca.org/news/national/03-05-10.html#1
    It's not a nice story and my heart about broke.

I'll check it out when I get home from work... I don't want to be :cry: at my desk.
  • emmie305
    emmie305 Posts: 23
    Options
    Calicat, my husband and I adopted him from a family we found on petfinder.com. They just had another baby and didn't have enough attention for Toste. It was love at first sight!! He was perfect for us. We decided to keep his name that his original owners had given him because he is 6 years old and so used to that name, besides it's unique which makes it even better.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Emmie, You just can't help but fall in love with the little jack russell. They beome a part of you. Ours can read our mind and we can certainly read his.I swear he know everything we say or think for that matter. LOves going for rides in the car and to go walking.

Marie
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love little Jacks!! We had one that got into so much trouble we called her the dog with 9 lives. She had been pulled out of a groundhog hole(almost suffocated), SHE hit a car , got in a fight with a deer and had stiches, got in a fight with another dog and got stiches, pulled off two toenails digging and fell in a hole under a brush pile went missing and the kids found her and had to dig her out.
    She was given to us but she turned out to be the most expensive "free'' dog I have ever owned. We tried our best to keep her out of trouble but she always found it. It's like having a 2 year old child who never gets past that stage-cute and lovable but such a handful. Oh how I loved that dog!
  • emmie305
    emmie305 Posts: 23
    Options
    Toste seems to go through chew toys within mere seconds. Even the toys that are "indestructible" don't last very long. Does anyone have suggestions on a toy that may last him a little longer?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Toste seems to go through chew toys within mere seconds. Even the toys that are "indestructible" don't last very long. Does anyone have suggestions on a toy that may last him a little longer?

Have you tried the firehose toy? It took ours about 4 months to get though it...that's very long time in JRT time. Here's a link...
    http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?familyid=102441&Ntt=firehose&OneResultRedirect=1
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Emmie-Thank you! I love people who use petfinder.com That's where we got our JRT and my inlaws have now adopted 3 dogs thatnks to that site. All of my dogs are rescue (3), my in-laws have 2 rescue and 2 that they bought through a really good breeder (3 JRT, 1 chihuahua), my BIL/SIL have a JRT/Fox T mix and a lab/dalmation mix-both found on petfinder, and my other BIL/SIL have 4-2 JRT, one chihuahua, one fiest-all off petfinder.com. I love that site. :bigsmile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

I know how you feel here! I hate to spend $10 on a toy that she will chew up in 5 minutes. Plus, I don't want her swallowing the rubber or whatever the toy is made of. Lois's toys are tennis balls, raw hide bones, and her favorite is a basketball. I stop by Goodwill sometimes and find some stuffed animals that I can take the stuffing out of and let her play with that until it is ripped up.

Rope toys are a BIG NO NO... she pulls the strings and swallows them and then... yeah, you know.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Haven't heard from anyone in a while.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sammy say hello.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Happy Saint Patricks Day!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Sammy and I had 3 19 minutes walk in yesterday. So nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine, May Sammy Happy too.

:drinker: :heart: Marie:heart::drinker:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Sammy and I had 3 19 minutes walk in yesterday. So nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine, May Sammy Happy too.

:drinker: :heart: Marie:heart::drinker:

I totally agree on the sunshine! It was almost 60* yesterday...although we are supposed to have storms on Sunday, grr...I guess that just means that I have to do all my gardening tomorrow. I'm sure my pups will help out with that...they love to go to ground.