South Beach

Options

Replies

• glasscc
    glasscc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can actually get South Beach recipes on the southbeach.com website without subscribing. If you do subscribe they will provide you menu plans customized to you. But they rotate the same ones every several weeks and I soon found myself going astray from their suggestions. But the recipe database is VERY good.

Joyce

382079.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing challenges like

* drink up to 64/70 oz of water a day
    * 100 sit ups a day challenge
    * No soda challenge including diet soda

Those are just a few i could think of but would love for others to come up with challenges they would like to do...
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    What would you do????

Tonight im baking a turkey, stuffing and smashed sweet potaotes for my honey who is leaving for a week on a field op (training) for the military and wanted him to have a warm homecooked meal since he'll be eating crap and sleeping outside for the next week.. So here's where im stuck i was thinking of having turkey and some veggies and not having stuffing or potatoes but he really wants to have a bottle of wine tonight over dinner and i know for the first two weeks there's no drinking so should i pass and just have tea or give in and have wine with him tonight... ?????
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    What would you do????

Tonight im baking a turkey, stuffing and smashed sweet potaotes for my honey who is leaving for a week on a field op (training) for the military and wanted him to have a warm homecooked meal since he'll be eating crap and sleeping outside for the next week.. So here's where im stuck i was thinking of having turkey and some veggies and not having stuffing or potatoes but he really wants to have a bottle of wine tonight over dinner and i know for the first two weeks there's no drinking so should i pass and just have tea or give in and have wine with him tonight... ?????

Oh crap Oh crap......If u have the wine, will it set you 'off' or will u be able to get right back on track tonight/tomorrow?
    Part of me says enjoy..and go for it and the other part says if we really want to adapt to this new way of living we will need to live w/ out certain things and find other ways to enjoy life/celebrate being with our loved ones
    Sorry, I don't know what to suggest

Enjoy either way, sounds like a great meal!
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    What would you do????

As someone who has btdt as a military wife, I'd say have the wine. Your life is stressful enough, even a week in the field throws a wrench into family life, so enjoy tonight :)
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    I was thinking of doing challenges like

* drink up to 64/70 oz of water a day
    * 100 sit ups a day challenge
    * No soda challenge including diet soda

Those are just a few i could think of but would love for others to come up with challenges they would like to do...

I'm up for all three. Last week I had been trying to quit diet coke, and bombed, again. I'm pretty good with water, and I need the sit ups, lol.
  • lucky25416
    lucky25416 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hey guys! I just started SB Monday so Im really happy to see others are doing this as well. I've tried it before and made it the first week but never the second so hopefully I can stick with it this time!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    Well Ladies im going to have to start over my phase 1 tomorrow and start clean and stay with the program... I gave into carbs, wine and sugar :sad: :blushing: But to tell you the truth it was so worth it because i know the time i share with my honey is priceless since he deploys soon i really want to enjoy i have with him... So as of tomorrow i will be restarting my sb diet and weighing in.... I hope everyone is sticking with it and having a great week :happy:
  • Teleri
    Teleri Posts: 32
    Options
    Well I WAS going to say enjoy the wine.. but I see you did :P
    Oh well start over tomorrow and that means you have to have a really strict good weekend!
    Happy weigh in tomorrow
    When do we start our first challenge?
  • indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I am on the second week of the South Beach. The first week I lost 9lbs and now seem stuck. Is that normal? I also started working out alot too.
  • tinasullens
    tinasullens Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wow, 9 lbs. is awesome! Great job!!

I've never done the South Beach diet, but have heard great things about it. I've tried Weight Watchers but didn't like the fact that you're eating so many processed foods. I would say to stick with it a few more weeks (at least). How many calories a day are you eating on the South Beach plan?

I'm still in awe at the 9 lbs. you lost in the first week! WOW!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I am on the second week of the South Beach. The first week I lost 9lbs and now seem stuck. Is that normal? I also started working out alot too.

I would say it's pretty normal. Most people, when they start any diet, lose big time for the first week and then it slows down. The big weight loss is just water. There are some posts on here that explain it very well. But don't let that discourage you; you will lose fat as well, just not at 9 lbs per week.
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    Well Ladies im going to have to start over my phase 1 tomorrow and start clean and stay with the program... I gave into carbs, wine and sugar :sad: :blushing: But to tell you the truth it was so worth it because i know the time i share with my honey is priceless since he deploys soon i really want to enjoy i have with him... So as of tomorrow i will be restarting my sb diet and weighing in.... I hope everyone is sticking with it and having a great week :happy:

Well, we can start over together, lol.

Our 2 yr old daughter has autism, and while she's high functioning, she's still two, and has autism. She's an awesome kiddo most of the time, but she's been sick and missed her sensory therapy at special ed for a full week now. She had violent fits all day that left me with a bloody nose and bleeding scratches on my scalp, and those were just the obvious wounds. ASD kids can have super human strength and she's one of those. So...I ran out for conditioner and ended up buying a pkg of resees peanut butter cups. They used to be my favorite stress snack. Well, those and a cream filled long john. I only ate one PB cup and it honestly tasted horrible!

I just finished packing my food for work tomorrow. I also made some tea to take so I can retry at quitting diet coke.

This is life, falling down and getting back up. The trick is to always get back up, which in the past has taken me a whole lot longer to do than it should. If I didn't have you all, I'd be starting over next week, or the week after that, because it's Wednesday and that just makes so much sense, right? lol
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    Good Morning all!!! How is everyone doing today?

Weigh in for 1/14/2010; 166 lb (weigh in on my first day one was 172 so even with some slips, I've lost 6 lb since the 10th!)

Day one (again)

Breakfast
    Spinach and Green bell pepper quiche cups to go (SBD book)
    5.5 oz can V-8

AM snack
    1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
    1 (1/2 serving) turkey roll-up (SBD book)

Lunch
    Large Salad with 3 oz broiled chicken breast
    Marie's creamy ranch dressing, 1 TB

PM snack
    2 celery stalks stuffed with 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb Cheese

Dinner
    Baked Cod
    Steamed Asparagus
    Zucchini suateed in olive oil

Dessert
    Creamy Lemon Vanilla Ricotta Souffles (SBD recipe, not in original book)

This does not meet my 1200 calorie goal but it's A LOT of food and I think I will be fine since I am still not able to work out. Dd was up all night with night terrors so my energy is zapped, better to keep on the low side since I can't do much today.

I am SO excited that I am back to 166. I can't believe how well this is working. I do think limiting my diet coke in the past few weeks has helped. Today, I am trying not to have any. I made blackberry mint iced tea and brought some vanilla chai tea bags in for hot tea later. I've also been really pushing water. I hope I can quit this time, for good!!!

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who has lost weight
    I forgot to weigh in...honestly..since my normal weigh in day is Monday and I am sick (sooo sick..cough cough)

Anyway, did well yesterday
    Had my usual of eggs, tuna, turkey, cheese, green beans etc
    I've got ot check out that ricotta recipe..yum
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    So today is going to be my first day of SB phase 1 only cause i really need to kick it into gear and start giving this 100% As of today my weigh in is 156 . I thought today would be a great day to start the challenges . I was wondering what does everyone do for work outs???

Challenge 1

No more soda (Including diet)
    100 Crunches a day
    64-70 oz of water a day

I was also thinking if everyone is normally working out for 30 -40 minutes a day it would be fun to maybe add a extra 10 minutes to your workout and every week we will slowly add 10 minutes and see what kind of results we all get...
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day !!!!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

So my Fiance just texted me that he wants to drive to Tahoe on Valentine weekend and get married then... That's only a month away . We where going to do the court thing before he deploys and then do the big wedding when he comes back but in a month.... :huh: I want to lose about 20 pounds before getting married... Is it possiable to lose at least 15 by then ????? OKAY IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR ME................
  • byHisgrace
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

So my Fiance just texted me that he wants to drive to Tahoe on Valentine weekend and get married then... That's only a month away . We where going to do the court thing before he deploys and then do the big wedding when he comes back but in a month.... :huh: I want to lose about 20 pounds before getting married... Is it possiable to lose at least 15 by then ????? OKAY IT'S CRUNCH TIME FOR ME................

Congratulations!!! My DH did something similar, but we had the whole BIG wedding, and he moved it from July to April...in March. He was in Germany at the time and had already put in for his leave. I did it, including barely squeezing into my size 4 gown, as we had a 5 month old at that time and I thought I had until July!!! lol

15 lb in one month is a lot but if you stick to it, work out and drink your water, I think you can do it!!!!
  • tammietifanie
    Options
    He deploys end of april and just wants to get all the legal stuff done before he leaves but i was thinking sweet we can get married in March i wasn't thinking February but I rather do it now then wait plus its just what i need to start getting my butt in gear and think about how i want to look like in those pictures... And then we will do the big wedding when he comes home so that gives me time to really tone up and lose extra weight by then... But i would feel so much happier if i was able to lose 15lbs before saying i do :)
  • kimber607
    Options
    He deploys end of april and just wants to get all the legal stuff done before he leaves but i was thinking sweet we can get married in March i wasn't thinking February but I rather do it now then wait plus its just what i need to start getting my butt in gear and think about how i want to look like in those pictures... And then we will do the big wedding when he comes home so that gives me time to really tone up and lose extra weight by then... But i would feel so much happier if i was able to lose 15lbs before saying i do :)

CONGRATS to you guys
    I only lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks doing South Beach but I know people who have lost a lot more
    I thing 10+ is reasonable goal....

Good luck!
    I'm sure increasing your work out time will help as well