Age difference in relationships

Options

Replies

• zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    My fiance is turning 30 in May and I'm turning 21 in December and we fit perfectly together.

He's mature and knows what he wants and I'm more mature than most and know what I want.

If you have similar goals, opinions, feelings, beliefs, any relationship can work out, despite age.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 I dated a 28 yr old.

Once I hit 30 I figured I could go +/-10 yrs.

The largest difference was -9 1/2 yrs, but that was more of a fling than a "relationship"

The largest difference in a real relationship was -6 1/2 yrs. and the reason that ended had nothing to do with age.

I had a friend whose husband was +12 yrs. She always said "I don't have to worry about my husband's mid-life crisis, I WAS HIS MID-LIFE CRISIS"
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    I was 17, he was 41 - it was pretty nice whilst it lasted ^_^
  • Sarahneedstoshrink
    Options
    My husband is 14 years older than I am , We have been together 12years
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    When I was 21, a buddy of mine in the Navy set me up with his mother...no, really.
    Not sure of her age, but it was somewhere between hot and hot damn! So the age seemed about right to me.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I used to have hard rules about the age gap. However, I now think that it depends on the person. What is important to me is how he treats me and how we feel about each other. As long as we are both on the same page what does age matter?
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I had just turned 21 on our first date and found out he was 34...we were both shocked by the age gap but we had fun anyhow. My hubby and I are the same age and I'm perfectly okay with that.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like to date men that are a bit older than me. I am 28 and usually go for men that are anywhere between my age and 35ish. I do not like to date younger guys :/ because it has just never worked out.
  • jwolfe0709
    jwolfe0709 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. He is 37, I am 23. We have an absolutely amazing relationship. Never really think about the age difference- he surely doesn't look his age!
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever dated anyone younger than me because I've always spent time with people (men and woman) older than I am. I've always been attracted to men older than I am, and now that I have children I can't imagine ever dating anyone my age. Even woman my age drive me crazy (no offense, I really am not trying to me rude). The biggest age gap has been 8 years, but I'd be open to more. I don't think the number has anything to do with it, it's the attraction, the connection, the maturity level - so many things!
  • johns0227421
    johns0227421 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was 26 and she was 48. Age is just a number.... unless your under 18 :laugh:
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow... sounds like I need to feel less self conscious about hanging out with females significantly younger than me.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 4 years younger than me, I'm 34 and he's 30. We have a good relationship...neither of us want kids so it works out really well. Also, he doesn't want marriage and I am divorced with no desire to re-marry so it's pretty relaxed and groovy as far as relationships go, none of that pressure to get to the next step and that stupid "where is this going?" crap. We've been together about 2 1/2 years.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Greatest age difference was a guy 17 years older than I was. I accepted the date before I knew his age, and once I learned it, I was surprised. It didn't work out, but it was not bc of his age.

I never dated anyone younger, ever.

I married someone 12 years older 15 years ago. So far so good.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    My husband is 7 years younger than me and we've been together for almost 9 years. I'm 44 and he's 37.

The biggest age gap between me and a guy was 18 years. He was older and this was way before I met my husband. He dumped me because he was more uncomfortable about our age gap than I was.
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and my husband is 44. We will be married 17 years this December. It's not a big deal now that we are older, but let me tell you my dad was not impressed when I came home at 19, with at 27 yo boyfriend who was divorced with a kid. LOL.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and my DH just turned 50. Our son was born when he was 43 and I was 24. I have more gray hair than he does. We were miserably married the first 3ish years but now we are very content, comfortable, and happy.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I used to have hard rules about the age gap. However, I now think that it depends on the person. What is important to me is how he treats me and how we feel about each other. As long as we are both on the same page what does age matter?

Exactly, I've dated men 10 years younger and 10 years older.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    When I was 21, a buddy of mine in the Navy set me up with his mother...no, really.
    Not sure of her age, but it was somewhere between hot and hot damn! So the age seemed about right to me.

Why am I NOT surprised.....LOL
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and my husband is 44. We will be married 17 years this December. It's not a big deal now that we are older, but let me tell you my dad was not impressed when I came home at 19, with at 27 yo boyfriend who was divorced with a kid. LOL.

My army/marine daddy was not impressed when I came home at 24 yrs old, knocked up, with a 43 yr old divorced... um... one night stand... um....