Options

Replies

• dizzydi1968
    Options
    Each to their own. It's just a number.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My late husband was 11 years older than me we met i was 16 he was 28. Ya i know pretty bad but we were together 10 years. My ex was 3 years younger than me and my new hubby is 3 years older than me.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I was 25 , he was 54....and to put it into perspective...my dad was 49 at the time.

so yeah......

we dated for a year and a half...
  • shade0343
    shade0343 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Anywhere between 5 years and 19. The one I like best is about 10 years difference.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My partner is 12 years older than I...he is 70, I am 58. But the older you get, the less the difference seems to matter.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I have been with my husband since I was 15. He is 3 years older than me, so we are now 32 and 35. One boyfriend before him was my age and the other was 2 years older.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and my partner just turned 30, and maybe it would be an issue if he didn't act like a child =P
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    When I was 21, a buddy of mine in the Navy set me up with his mother...no, really.
    Not sure of her age, but it was somewhere between hot and hot damn! So the age seemed about right to me.

Why am I NOT surprised.....LOL

I am man, hear me oink!
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    As it is my husband IS my husband and I don't know how to make that more clear because it's much more in depth that it sounds. He's part of me and I can't imagine life without him, and believe me with our age difference I try because it seems likely that may happen someday. However, I just can't fathom it, I know I belong with him.

The Vietnamese sum it up nicely with the word minh which usually means "myself" - but also means husband or wife. Its a nice way of saying that your spouse is part of you.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    When I was 21, a buddy of mine in the Navy set me up with his mother...no, really.
    Not sure of her age, but it was somewhere between hot and hot damn! So the age seemed about right to me.

I'm cracking up at both of your posts in this thread! :laugh:

I was 25 she was 45... We really didn't "date" though... :blushing: :love::tongue:
  • leanne2376
    Options
    My nanna was older than my poppa but no one ever knew her real age - she changed it in her passport lol
  • midnightwhispers
    Options
    Oldest was when I was 16 and he was 28. At the time I thought it was totally cool, now, being 28 myself, I realize how creepy it is lol. Youngest was a year younger than me when I was 19.

My bf now is 2 years older than I am.
  • moonspells
    moonspells Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My fiance is 10 years my junior and other than when I reference movies he missed because he was a toddler, I rarely notice the difference! Especially since I've joined MFP!
    Oldest was 40 when I had just turned 19, though that wasn't so much a relationship as it was experimentation...youngest was 20 when I was 35, but again, that was more play than anything. :bigsmile:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and when I met my 30 year old husband.. A week later, we were engaged. 10 days after our 3rd anniversary we had our daughter. Three years after that, we had our son. This June will be our 20th anniversary. I'm glad I never was the kind of person that let paradigms dictate my future. My life has been unimaginably amazing.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Th oldest was twenty years older than me. But we had a nice relationship. Lasted five years.
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My last gf was 31 I am 49.it was too much of an age difference,and unfortunatly it did not work,,think I will stick with my age group
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My husband is 11 yrs younger than me and we had a beautiful boy 2 yrs ago. I was 44 at the time and we have a fabulous relationship and family. Wouldn't change a thing.
  • nulife79
    nulife79 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I am 33 and my boyfriend is 56. I love him and he loves me. I think age is just a number. I go for what's in the mind and heart.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and recently broke up with my boyfriend who will be 38 next month. I'm two years out of college myself, but our situation was reversed. He had just gone back to school and said that if we got married and had kids, it wouldn't be for another four or five years. I couldn't picture myself with a kid at 30 when my husband would be almost 50.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband is 50 and I am 29.