WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2012

Options

Replies

• mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was, as advertised, quite busy on Saturday but then Sunday was unexpectedly quiet. I managed to work out in the morning (kickboxing), then got my hair done, then went to the zumbathon. My sister stood me up . . . something about my having plied her with a wee bit too much alcohol on Friday night. Hrmph. I however made it and had a wonderful time. It’s so much fun even if I look like a giant klutz! I didn’t have time to eat though – after kickboxing DH and I went for a nice walk, then I had to scoot to the salon so didn’t have any time until after zumba. That’s a crazy long time and amount of exercise to go without eating – but I didn’t feel too bad just this once. My afternoon was a little easier, and DH and I went out for Indian food that night. Yesterday we just lazed around and watched football. I convinced him to try yoga with me, but he quit after about 20 minutes lol. He knows it’s good, but baby steps there. Still I was very good about eating right and keeping my calories on target. I think I was a little low on Saturday but otherwise was fine. No weight loss this week, but no gain, just stable.

JaneH, hope your DS has a wonderful time in FL. It’s a great time of the year to be there. I’m sorry we’ll miss each other this week but there will be other times – I’m out there a fair bit.

Glenda, your memories of moving your MIL brought tears to my eyes. Wow, you’ve been on the road for a long time! Hope you find some “normalcy” soon.

JaneM, good for you for doing all that cooking for the fundraiser – wow! And getting to the gym – you’re doing great.

Rose, it sounds like you’re doing well with your goals. Good for you!

DeeDee, I’m cracking up at imagining you running around the house. I’ve done the master cleanse before too (lemon juice and cayenne) – it’s a good way to drop a bit of weight in a short time and it certainly does clean out the colon – but I’m not certain it’s truly necessary. I do think it helped me (during one particularly long cleanse) lose a lot of scar tissue on my lungs – they’ve certainly cleared up since then (verified with x-rays/MRI). Good for you for getting your shopping done early! It sounds like the perfect start to your weekend.

Mary, hoping you find a moment to breathe soon :smile:.

Lynn, wow, you’ve done a lot to get the house ready! I agree about not painting up high – I took a bad fall shortly after I moved here when I did that. DH doesn’t allow me on ladders anymore (although I still go up them anyway). Isn’t it bittersweet when you see your kids being responsible and mature and at the same time you want them to be carefree and come see you whenever you wish? I know I feel that way about my kids. I hope your furbabies all recover soon. A 33yo horse??? That seems crazy old to me. I didn’t know they lived that long.

Geri, I hope your Charlie continues to recover. It’s very sad when they’re suffering and all you can do is watch and try to help them as much as possible. You’re a good dog mom.

Katla, a lot depends on your family history: do the members tend to have elastic, soft skin or is it dry and prone to sagging and wrinkles? Also, do you drink lots of water? It will help so much? Finally, give it some time – mine is continuing to shrink and it’s only been five months, and I’m a little on the old side lol. I also know someone who had a tummy tuck done, but she had carried excess skin for some ten years before she had the surgery so she knew it wasn’t going away on its own.

MaryC, how fun for the shopping trip! Have a wonderful time!

Lila, you’ll get over the need to chew, but if you don’t I think you’re allowed to chew gum (if that’s something you do). LOL at the colors of the shakes! Sorry about the length of the post, I’m a lot OCD sometimes, and that particular day I wanted to be sure to catch up as much as possible lol.

Michele, that’s the perfect response to your kids when they ask you to stop worrying about them. I try not to overwhelm my kids, but it’s hard.

Cheryl, lol at the indulgence – it’s the perfect kind! I have stopped drinking hard alcohol though – I find my inhibitions (towards food) tend to really get relaxed the more I get relaxed. I can have a glass of wine or even two and am still OK, but if I drink cocktails I find myself eating cookies at 11pm (ahem). Do take the time to allow the cortisone to work and keep off those hands! Good idea about working out the abs while you can’t do anything else though. Enjoy your weekend!

Jen, I love the goals of your Thanksgiving challenge! Those are perfect. Beans are so good for you – keep trying . . . maybe you can try blending them into the soup to give it a cream texture?

Eavie, hi and welcome! I hope you’ll find getting back into making healthier choices to be like getting back on a bike :smile:. We have a number of people caring for aging parents and some “sandwich” generation people too. My mom is remote from me, but I still work with my sister and brother to keep tabs on her. She’s so darned independent though lol.

Katla, I’m sorry to hear about your parents but glad that you got to spend some time close to your mom before she died. It’s very hard being so far from them and trying to keep tabs.

Jb, you are just cracking me up! My sister is with you on the Saturday thing.

Meg, I found if I skipped logging for a bit it was really hard to get back in that habit, and if I knew I had blown through my calories I didn’t even bother. That’s when I really need to the most though, so it is a good thing to do! Good for you for sticking to one donut – but I agree, pretty odd location for the dentist lol. Ooooh, lasagna and peppermint pie – that sounds sooooo good! I didn’t know you were in NE – we were just there a couple of weeks ago! You guys are crazy football fans, that’s for sure. Have you tried Carroll Shelby’s chili recipe? It’s the best one out there, I think, and can be modified if need be: http://www.ichef.com/recipe.cfm/recipe/Carroll Shelby's Chili/task/display/itemid/76113/recipeid/75776

Barbie, that’s really sweet that Jake is so concerned about your tests. I can understand though – there’s so much in the news now about breast cancer, it seems like almost everyone has a family member with it. Poor guy. LOL about the pacing while talking on the phone! DH does that all the time. I’ve noticed his children do the same thing. Coyotes are pretty dangerous around property with animals or livestock, aren’t they? My mother lives in coyote country, and one has gotten at least two of her cats. It’s pretty sad. She doesn’t let her other one outside anymore. I’m not sure how I feel about it since the encroachment seems to occur from all sides.

DeeDee, are you just rearranging or still moving the kids’ furniture? I hope you’re not too sore.

Katla, good luck over the holidays and be sure to allow yourself to just enjoy being there!

Mary, how fun to teach your grandson like that! Some of my best memories are cooking in my grandmother’s kitchen with her. She taught me so much. I really miss her.

Lizzie, good for you for testing out your new running skills! You’ll be racing in no time. I think your Saints played the Raiders, which is a gift to any team since I don’t think they’ve beaten anyone this year lol.

Liz, sounds like a busy weekend – I hope you enjoyed it!

Jen, quinoa is very bland. It will add lots of protein to anything you put it in, but be sure you up the spices and herbs for flavor! Wow, your poor mother – two brain aneurisms? She’s so lucky to be here. My mother lost her sense of taste after sinus surgery – it’s a sad loss but she’s glad to be able to breathe. How lucky for you to get a massage! LOL about the tiara. Yes, eating a good meal before going to a party will help curb the cravings significantly. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Oh, jb, you silly Sally! I hope you enjoyed your day regardless of the outside weather.

Meg, I know EXACTLY what you’re going through. It’s so easy to fall back into the “not caring” role. I can only tell you what I did, not if it will work for everyone. I had temporary breaks, but the very next time I was hungry I went straight back into my “am I hungry, is this healthy, how does this fit into my nutrition plan” questioning. I really am trying to make this a way of life, not just a temporary thing, so for now for me eating freely is more of a rare thing. I question, portion and consider everything I put in my mouth these days, and most of all I’m mindful of where my calorie and exercise rate is for the day. Even on my “special” days I mostly just eat like I would normally. One other thing that works (for me) is to get some exercise every day. If I haven’t pushed my body, I feel like I can’t really push food, so I try to make sure I get outside. It not only kills some time I might otherwise spend eating, but it also gets my blood flowing and my body used to expending energy. Then I really have “earned” my meals. I hope this helps a little.

JaneH, another person starting their shopping! Gah! Actually, at least I know what I’m getting, for the most part, and I am planning on taking DSD with me to do a little black Friday shopping this week. I resist it most of the time because I’m not very nice about it – I resent the living daylights out of how entitled she is. She spends all of her spare time internet shopping, and then she spends the rest of the time trying to coerce either her mother or father to buy more stuff for her. I’m trying very hard to get my mind into a better frame. It will help if DH just gives her a set amount of money to spend and then she can get whatever she wants and I don’t have to worry about it. I might talk to him about it tonight. Sorry, got off on a downright rant there, didn’t I? lol. Great find on the free shipping! Finally, Jane, you HAVE to try the choc chip cookie dough dip recipe I posted before – it is soooooo good and so good for you! It’s made with garbanzo beans (1 can), a little vanilla, maple syrup to taste, nut butter (I used almond, ¼ cup), and a small handful of choco chips. I couldn’t believe how wonderful it tastes – and no one can tell it’s not the real thing. I ran it past hungry teens of both persuasions – they gobbled it up. My goal is to someday take a stained glass class – I love it too.

DeeDee, those gremlins are getting to you! I hope that wine lightens your mood – as well as a visit with the granddaughters.

LindaS, Good luck with the hand. It takes a long time to get better, so I can understand how frustrating this is. Have a great time at your Aunt’s!

JaneM, I’m sure the afghan was lovely – and the soups were tasty.

Hi, Karen – and welcome. I hope the new year looks up for you.

TN Nancy, welcome too! I’m a big believer in exercise, so you’ll get lots of encouragement from me lol.

Lila, your weekend sounds amazingly productive – good for you! And you arrange your clothes too – you’re really on the ball. Enjoy your week.

Barbie, your Thanksgiving dinner sounds like it’s going to be a lot of fun – and yay for not having to cook, clean or drive! Thanks for the review on the movie – DH wants to see it too. I’m not quite as dedicated to never eating sweets or cooking them as you, but I have gotten rid of my white flour and recently ran out of sugar, which I promptly informed the family I wouldn’t be replacing either. We’re modifying a lot of our foods to use less and more natural sweeteners, and without it readily available I think, well I actually know, I just don’t make it quite as often. Coming up this week: pumpkin bread made with maple syrup.

Oh, Mary, I had to laugh at your “request” for your guests! That’s hilarious. I love your MIL’s attitude too. And your solution for “hiding” food – too funny!

Carolyn, I’m outraged that they would confiscate your protein bar. Grr. I hope your DD shines in the production!

Gail, Have a wonderful week with your family! It sounds lovely.

Lin, yeah, I’ve given up on typing directly into the response box unless it’s quick one-off. I write too much to lose it all lol :laugh:.

OK, I think that’s everyone for now. I have a busy day at work today, then I’m going to start packing tonight for the week. I’ve pretty much decided I’m going to have to pack some food so we have stuff for the cabin on Thursday as I expect few if any stores will be open. I’m really looking forward to the trip even though it looks like there won’t be much snow. Oh, well, at least I won’t feel too guilty about skipping a ski day to shop. Have a wonderful week, everyone, Happy Thanksgiving to those of you celebrating, and I hope the festival spirit grabs everyone!

Cheers,

M.
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    mwheatcraft - I had to go back and look for my last post - I didn't remember posting about my "indulgence." I hardly drink alcohol anymore either, and I can never drink more than 2 - but those mai tais were worth it.

Megblair - I didn't know you were struggling to stay motivated. You've been at it longer than I. I hope I don't go back to old ways. I almost did last night. I ate 3 pieces of candy while sitting at my computer before bedtime. That is EXACTLY the behavior that got me into the bigger me. I could have eaten 20 more.

I had a very horsey weekend. Rode my horse and my extra pony on Saturday. Then rode my horse again yesterday. My fitbit always adds so many calories back when I am riding. I have to remind myself that it is really the horse burning all those calories, not me.

My clothes are so loose now my co-workers are telling me to go buy some that fit. But I still have 18 pounds more to lose. My thighs and my butt are leaving me the fastest. I told my 17 year old that I was certain that my thighs measured less than her's now so we measured them. I was right - mine were 21.5 and her's were 22. HOWEVER, her's were solid muscle and I could pinch about 3 inches of flab on mine. You'd think with all my horse riding they'd be firmer. But I really have a very petite frame and although I'm starting to look pretty good at this weight it is only because no one knows how tiny I really am. There's still a lot of meat on those 21.5 thighs!!

Laura - keep logging - You are one of my biggest motivators on here.

Well, that's all the typing I can take. The cortisone shot hasn't really kicked in yet.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Have a great mon.New week,new chances to change old habits.
    Feel the effects of the soups,hands puffy.Drinking more water and green tea.
    Hope everyone has a great day!!
    HUGS
    jane:heart:
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    good morning Monday Movers of Movember,

"its Movember here"...all the men grow silly mustaches in support of prostrate cancer research and treatment, so I thought we should adopt their month, given we are supporting each other's health here.....

thanks for posting, I read them, and I too laughed out loud at the' take your glasses off.'...that was precious, how kind and wonderful to know she valued you and not your housekeeping skills. Let me tell you my own small trial..... My mother in law always had a surprise when she walked in the door! The house was clean and tidy, but each time she walked into the living room, our lampshades were always askew.....years later daughter number 2 admitted to a very last minute attack on them, just to put mother in law into a tizzy.....sigh. I was so new as the second wife, who knew who did what to what, and when? It is worth a laugh now though!

The sun is amazing for the end of November, and it raises the spirits and makes walking the dog a pleasure....hope you all have a wonderful day.....

cheerful in sunny southern ontario, bj
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read one of the how to change your habits books out there? Are they useful?
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! It is warm and sunny here….wonder if that means we will be blasted during the winter! You can’t ask for nicer weather at the end of November! I had ½ day of clinical today; had a new group orienting. So it was an easy day. I have to finish the holiday grocery shopping after work. I plan to exercise each day this week to help make up for the holiday. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical last night…only the 2nd time I have exercised since being sick. My legs were kind of wobbly!

Janehadji: good for you to be so organized! I used to live in Hawaii and we said the same thing about shipping items to the mainland! :bigsmile:

DeeDee: are you still grumpy? Did the wine help? Did your doggy eat the gremlins? I sure hope you feel better today!:flowerforyou:

Linda: nice to see you here even though you can’t write much! I always appreciate your comments on my home page!:flowerforyou:

Jane: Nice to see you too and that lovely GD!

Karen: I too am a 53 year old nurse. I teach at a private college with accelerated (2nd degree) students. I love long term care and enjoy taking students to that kind of facility. Practice wise, I am a trauma nurse, so it’s a huge difference for me. Welcome aboard. Hopefully you are on your way to a wonderful year.

Michelle: you can leave the salt out of the dough. I have a great Ossetian pie recipe which is very similar that my kids love (it’s Russian) but it takes all day! For the translation, I use Google translate a ton. It’s very accurate mostly but you do have to re=enter the Polish version and retranslate it into English just to make sure. Some words don’t translate the way you think, for instance for the Russian version you have to say photograph, not “picture”. Picture will translate as painting. :tongue:

Lila: OMG take care LOL I don’t set foot outside my house on Black Friday! :noway: Sounds like you will be busy all week!

Barbie: I used to work full time in an ED and worked tons of holidays. I always noticed that the public would come to the hospital for the holiday meal….cheap, good, and lots of it. That’s funny you will be doing the same thing this year! I plan to see that movie too so good to know it’s a winner!

Mary: I just totally cracked up when you said you want your guests to remove their glasses!!!!! :laugh: Even though we have a cleaning lady, we have so many animals, that 2 days later you’d never know anything got dusted!

Katla: Homeowner Hell!!!:laugh: I love it! What store is that? Here I’d say Menards. Horrible place but they have everything and it’s cheap and so you feel like you have to go..kinda like Walmart.:happy:

Caroline: hope you found something to eat at the game!

Gardengail: sounds like your visit has been a happy one.

Mary: I love your plot! Food in tampon boxes. I’m in on that one…in fact I will put tampons on my walmart list for next time and give the tampons to daughters and keep the box for future contraband!:devil:

Lin: it’s nice to see you here even though you only posted a short note!

Jb: Monday be mindful…very nice

M: thank you for all your words of wisdom! I will try that recipe. Where in NE were you recently? I need to keep reminding myself that this healthy lifestyle will not happen overnight or maybe for years. It took me 53 years to get here, it’s going to be a slow process to get back. I’ll keep plugging along with all your support!:flowerforyou:

Wessecg: wow that is a lot of weight gone!!! Congratulations! :flowerforyou: Yes I struggle with the “I don’t care” problem a lot. I have spurts of time where I am very motivated, then I get off track and wonder why I bother. I don’t know why that happens, but it’s a problem sometimes!

Well time to get some work done here and then off for shopping. Can’t get the cake until 4-ish. Stay on plan, drink up, and take care. Meg
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hoping everyone has had a good Monday,

I missed getting on here this past weekend spending time with family and cleaning while hubby worked.

This will be a crazy busy week at work too, nothing like a short week to kick you into high gear...then there is my boss who will try and fit 40 hrs into the three days of work...so I probably won't be back here for awhile as I try to keep everything else in line.

One thing I am doing is I'm still working on my 30 DS and working on those maintenance calories...so far so good.

Everyone have a great week Keep up the good work this week contains a test for us all...let's see how well we can do:wink::wink:

Laura80111:smile:
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies

Just a quick check in. DH and I went to the football game here yesterday and my lunch (protein bar) was confiscated! I was sooo mad I did not hide it better!! LOL!

I just had to pop in to tell you how I handled this before. Some years ago, I took my mother to Skate America championships. They don't allow anything in, but we were going to be there for 8 hour periods for 3 days. My mother is on a very restricted sodium diet, and of course about all they serve is hot dogs, nachos, and pretzels with cheese. Anyway, I came up with the perfect plan. She hid small snacks in empty film canisters (this was of course before the digital camera.) I knew that we would have to have something more substantial like a sandwich, so I emptied out a tampon box and found that it was the perfect size to hold several sandwiches. I put it in my bag. When we went to get in the security line, where they were searching all bags, I chose a line with a young man about 19 years old. When he opened the bag of the gray haired lady, and saw the tampon box, he closed the bag immediately. I'm pretty sure that he wished that he hadn't come to work that day, from the look that he gave me. I am still laughing! Mary
    I too am laughing...even had to share this with dh!
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just got caught up with all of you! Spent the day in ER but am home now and all is well. After my hand going numb Friday, the rest of the weekend I had off and on back and chest pain so decided to play it safe and went to ER this am. Was there from 10-5 but cardiac bloodwork checked out ok and they sent me home with muscle relaxers and an order for a stress test. Felt like it was kind of a waste of time but at least avoided the middle of the night er trip. Just going to take it easy and rest for a few days. Blood pressure was high when I got there but after they gave me 4 baby aspirin it came down pretty quick and cholesterol numbers were pretty good.
    Off to watch Dancing with the Stars, have a good night!

Kathy
  • nursermr38
    Options
    Hi Karen, I am a 52 year old RN. I have been in longterm care for 18 years. I got the job before I passed my boards. It is a very rewarding job. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Rose
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Quick question: Do any of you know how many calories would be in a 1/16th of a single layer round chocolate birthday cake with whipped frosting? I can't find this combination anywhere! Thanks Meg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I've put a couple of recipes into the MFP recipe site get that kind of information. It will give you the full nutritional analysis of the food. It takes a little time to put the recipe in, but is worth it in my opinion.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I thought I would get back here earlier today and well...that didn`t happen:frown: ! I`m really tired tonight too:yawn: , don`t know what`s up with that:ohwell: . It`s been one of those days where I`m freezing one minute and 5 minutes later I`m burning up, you should be able to count dressing and undressing that many times as exercise:laugh: ! I will not attempt a long post tonight, I have a feeling if I did it would have more typos than Carter had liver spots:tongue: .

Kathy:smile: Sure hope you get to feeling better:flowerforyou: ! Please make sure you get the stress test done!!!!

Have a wonderful night beautiful ladies!!! Sleep well and sweet dreams!!! Until tomorrow....

Hugs,
    DeeDee:yawn:
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    Today was a good day. Normal Monday at work not my normal for most weeks its my day off. But because of thanksgivings I had to work. I have been reading this book about Decluttering your life. Really convicting? So going to make this short so I can finish it tonight.

@Kathy Hope youare feeling better please take care of yoursal

@Lin good to hear from you no matter the length of your posts.

On my way now to get the kindle and finish my reading. Hopefully bed early.

Have a good night all.

Liz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,370 Member
    Options
    TN Nancy - great for you doing that DVD!

Lila - let me know how it works for you cooking in advance. I really like doing that, this way I don't have to worry about making dinner each night -- I just heat it up. Sometimes I do have to think about things like which salad to make, etc. I have some of barbie's apple butternut squash soup in the freezer. Remember I said that instead of cardamom I was going to use cinnamon? Well, looking for sweet potato recipes on the Internet yesterday I came across a recipe for apple butternut squash soup that used cinnamon!

JaneH - my MIL did stained glass. I have this fish and shell for a decoration in the bathroom. She made a bird picture for her porch, but I really don't know how to hang it on our porch. Everything is screen.

barbie - how wonderful that you are spending Thanksgiving at the hospital!

Mary - I tried Google Translate once. The problem came in that in the Polish language, some of the letters have a slash thru them (I think the "l" does), some of them have that curly-cue thingy below them, and I think there might be accents. Our keyboards don't have these lettters on them. I THINK there's a way that you can change the setting on your keyboard to accept different characters --- but I'm not sure of this. When you can't type in those letters, sometimes the meanings get changed. It's probably good for one or two lines, but I didn't find it very helpful for an entire letter.

Katla - So glad you found your wallet. It's such a pain when it's lost.

We'll be leaving for Jessica's this Thursday. Am thinking right now of which exercises I can do at the fitness center in the hotel. I'm planning to take a jump rope with me and do some of that. Only thing is -- I don't think there's a lot of room in the fitness room there so I may have to do the jump rope in the hallway. At least there aren't any rooms down there so I won't be disturbing anyone. I know the pool isn't open early in the a.m. otherwise I could use the space where the decking for the pool is. Oh well..... Unfortunately, it looks to be real nice weather Thurs and Fri. Wish we could work more on the landscaping. Oh well.....

Vince called the gal who takes care of the cats when we go away to give Loki his med Thurs. night, both times Fri, and then Sat. morning. We should be back Sat. afternoon. She said she could do it, but she would like to stop by Mon Tues or Wed around noontime just to see where we keep the med.

I found a recipe for a pumpkin beer bread. I'm thinking that I may try it and take it to senior bowling for these people I know like their beer. Vince probably won't eat it since it has pumpkin in it.

Mary - priceless how you got the food in for your mother, absolutely priceless.

jb - I've used Google translate. The problem is that the Polish language has certain letters, like an "l" with a slash thru it and some with this curly-que thingy below it. Our keyboards just don't have those symbols. Google translate would probably work OK for one or two lines, but without these characters I found that meanings get lost. Also, there's the question of interpretation, something said one way is familiar but another way is formal, and I don't really know the difference if someone is kidding or not. A translator would be able to determine this. I do hope your Polish student is able to do it. She is such a wonderful person! Seriously, if you want to know what an angels looks like, I'll send you her picture.

M - your weekend sounds just wonderful!

Today did yoga, then took the extreme pump class, came home and did a little work on the last coaster. I wanted to get it started because I now know that I can finish one coaster on the ride up to VA, then work on the borders of them all on the way back. Had lunch, Bryan sent me an email saying that he'd call in the afternoon or evening. Vince said that he meant HIS evening, so when it would have been around 7 at night his time, I figured he wouldn't call so I went to the store. Only he did call...boohoo I didn't get to talk to him. But we'll call Sunday and he said that he'd be there. Off to play mahjongg. Tomorrow I'll do incline intervals on the treadmill and then I want to make the sweet potato casserole.

Cheryl - buy some clothes. Clothes shopping is always fun

Meg - thanks for letting me know that I can leave out the salt. I honestly couldn't understand why it was in there

Kathy - what a day you had! But it's good to know deep down inside that things are OK and you won't have to go in the middle of the night.

Meg - is a double round layer cake in the database? Since you only had a single layer, take that number and half it. That's what I would do.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just home and heading to bed. I played in a concert tonight at the community college 35 miles away. Now I probably won't have band again until June. Although I will enjoy having my Thursday evenings back, I will miss it.

Very short work week for me; just today and tomorrow. Then we will head to Arkansas to have Thanksgiving at my oldest daughter's, stopping to see my mother and sister on the way.

Hope you all get up to a terrific Tuesday tomorrow! Mary
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies and welcome to all the newbies.

My neck and back are conspiring against me today. So much so that I have had to resort to stronger painkillers - I hate that, especially when I'm working. They also do a number on my stomach.

Dad has got to have an endoscopy and colonoscopy, with an overnight stay. He's in total panic mode. I'm going with him to the doctor tomorrow to discuss his mental health. Fingers crossed that the GP will be able to help him somewhat.

Loads of work to do today so I'd better get on with it.

Love t all.
    Amanda x
  • whodatlixxie
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!!! DH made it home from delivering the medical van to NY safe and sound. YAY!!! Now we have a quiet day or two before we head to Houston for TG with the WHOLE FAMILY - :smooched:

MSH - love the comments about taking off glasses and house work!! I will definitely be using that one:smile:

Liz - and I thought some of my weekends were busy. How was the SCENTSY party. I love parties!! But then I'm from New Orleans and we can turn ANY OCCASION into a party - have you seen our funerals:flowerforyou:

Jen - a MASSAGE - I'm jealous..

JB - love the alliterations and the encouragement!! THANKS:laugh:

JCK - ONLY 6 weeks til NEW YEARS - thanks for that sobering thought. I still have way to much stuff on my "get done in 2012 list" Oh well:ohwell:

DeeDee - DH always tells me there are three types of computer problems - hardware, software, and skinware!!! He is always tell me my issues are SKINWARE - What does he know:flowerforyou: I'm all for the wine - it helps when I have to accept the fact that my computer is smarter than me:glasses:

ExerMom - Cookie Dough is my comfort food, nemesis, downfall - but after several failed attempts at control I can now remember how YUCKY I feel after a cookie dough binge and can stay at a cookie dough moment (1 or 2 spoonfuls = 1 or 2 cookies). I can make that work in my calories for the day or at least exercise a bit more the next day:bigsmile:

Carolyn - feel your pain about food at ball games. They finally added "healthy" food options at Saints games - cliff bars, nuts, fruit, etc. Of course they are at the window right next to the jambalya, alligator sausage, and fried shrimp so it's a losing battle:tongue: If I can I eat before I go and then just have water or a diet coke or if my team is stressing me a lite beer:happy: If not, I just choose wise and small and hope I have to jump around alot to work extra calories off:bigsmile:

Kathy - ER trips are no fun. I do hope you are ok. Us females should really never ignore signs like tingling arms and chest pain. We can often have very confusing symptoms so ALWAYS be safe and not sorry:love:

Amanda - hope that the GP can help your dad. I now my 85yo DM doesn't handle change or unexpected things well either. Praying for you.

Well off to get check things off of my to do list. Then HAIR APPOINTMENT - "only my hairdresser knows for sure":tongue: Then to teach my next to last class of the semester then back home to continue checking things off of my to do list. Hoping for a quiet relaxing evening with the DH.

WhoDat Lizzie
  • DMOMofTHREE
    DMOMofTHREE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I think on my last post I said something about my youngest coming home for the week and it's usually like a tornado hits when she does. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but my oldest and I have our routines and all that goes out the window.:ohwell:

Well, in adition to her cat, she now has a Boxador(Boxer/Lab) that she adopted a month ago. She's 5 months old and you can imagine the energy!:grumble:

Good thing is I am not hosting Thanksgiving, that's my mom's holiday. She gets insulted if anyone brings anything. It was my dad's favorite holiday and this year will be the second without him, plus it falls on his birthday :cry:

Well, have to get ready to start the day. Meeting the vet at the barn for horse's fall shots and to have the old lady's leg checked. Then off to work for a few hours, hopefully I won't smell like horse too much. Then this afternoon the cat get's her blood pressure rechecked.

Hope the house isn't in too bad shape when I get home, at least she has crate trained the dog:smile:

Oh yeah and tonight I will start painting the dining room, finished the living room/office on Sunday.

Have a great Tuesday,

Lynn
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Morning to all!

Tried the kettle bells yesterday and did about 20 mins...had to make some modifications and am only using a 10 pound weight. I like it so far and will take it slow....Leaving tomorrow for the road trip to Nashville so hope to get in some walking over the holiday time away from home. It is always a challenge when you are eating out for several days in a row..... Know that many of you guys are in the same boat so "Make it work"!!! LOL

Mary- THANK YOU for the story about hiding the food at the game! I am still laughing and will try it next time!!!! Hope you enjoyed playing at the concert!

jb- Window cleaning surely counts for exercise....especially arm toning! Looking forward to your expressive words of wisdom!

M- Zumbathon sounds very energetic! Good for you attending without your sis... Kickboxing too? WOW! I missed your garbanzo bean cookie dough....if you feel like posting it again I will try it!

Meg- Glad you are back after being sick....Ease back into that exercise girl....Sure did miss your posts...Hope you enjoyed your celebration!

Laura- Great job keeping up with the 30 DS... That is a challenging workout!!

Kathy- Glad you are ok after your trip to the ER... Good luck with the follow up testing.

DeeDee- I am right there with you sister... I am flashing right and left. Between those and waking up to pee I am sleep challenged these days....

Michele- You go girl planning out your exercise for your trip! You are an inspiration!

Amanda- Hang in there with Dad... Hopefully his care providers will identify his anxiety issues and help with that...I know there are lots of options out there... Good luck.

Whodatlizzie- That is super awesome the medical relief trip is back and was a success!! Love your Dree Brees donated to the relief effort. What a classy guy! LOVE your DH and the skinware problem... sounds like a quote from my DH!

Lynn- Thinking of you this holiday... Lost my dad six years ago and I still have many emotions rolling.... I hold onto the memories and smile that I am his daughter... doing lots of things he did so he truly lives on.

All other ladies- Thinking of you, read all your posts, keep up the dedication and committment to being healthy. I am thankful for all the support and encouragement you have provided me!!!

Take care,
    Carolyn