Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgeeacpgee Member Posts: 5,472 Member Member Posts: 5,472 Member
    Copycat KFC using the Chicago Tribune recipe for the 11 herbs and spices and the air fryer. Copycat slaw but with celery instead of carrot. Mash and gravy. Non KFC items were air fried cornmeal coated okra, roast cherry tomatoes.
    6ho0roeb3khe.jpeg
  • Peach1948Peach1948 Member Posts: 1,848 Member Member Posts: 1,848 Member
    acpgee
    Are you sure you are not from the South? LOL

Carol in GA
  • BarbaraHelen2013BarbaraHelen2013 Member Posts: 1,283 Member Member Posts: 1,283 Member
    ibgwebfxmodl.jpeg

Katsu Quorn Nuggets on greened up rice.
    A standard weekday dinner at our place. Starter of salad with feta and candied nuts. I always have a jar of candied nuts on hand, made during the weekend, for pimping up salads with salty cheese. Main of pan fried cod on a bed of tinned beans warmed up in seafood bisque and carrots and celery. Garnish of parsley oil and gremolata.
    qklhc8lna19v.jpeg
    ki96eo63s6z6.jpeg

• PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,922 Member Member Posts: 7,922 Member
    ^I absolutely want this in front of me right now! Yummooo
  • senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 284 Member Member Posts: 284 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    ^I absolutely want this in front of me right now! Yummooo

Well I have leftovers for lunch today, so you have about an hour to get here and it shall be done. :)

We’re having venison for Thanksgiving, but when I was grocery shopping on Friday my store had turkey for 29 cents a pound, so I absolutely bought two because turkey is delicious. My husband and I decided since it was so cheap and not saved for a holiday that we should experiment, and so we did a dry brine, dry rub, and smoked it on our grill. Best. Decision. EVER.

Next time spatchcock it like a chicken and then do your thing. It will cook much faster and not dry out as much.
    edited November 24
  • o0Firekeeper0oo0Firekeeper0o Member Posts: 84 Member Member Posts: 84 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »

Next time spatchcock it like a chicken and then do your thing. It will cook much faster and not dry out as much.

Yup, way ahead of you! It didn’t really dry out at all, but we ARE going to spatchcock it next time; we didn’t do it this time as my husband was concerned about space on the grill but we agreed it would be worth a try this next time!
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,564 Member Member Posts: 5,564 Member
    Vegetable pie.eu07ir5hqbzp.jpg
    Cookies.sjdgmmniknwz.jpg
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Member Posts: 12,666 Member Member Posts: 12,666 Member
    @snowflake954 Those are so beautiful and lovely.
  • snowflake954snowflake954 Member Posts: 5,564 Member Member Posts: 5,564 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    @snowflake954 Those are so beautiful and lovely.

Thanks luvy---I'm following your thread. I'm one of the "lurkers". I love your photos.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,922 Member Member Posts: 7,922 Member
    @snowflake954 - well now...I didn't know these were actually yours! I could never be trusted with a plate of those on my counter 🥰lol!
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @snowflake954 - well now...I didn't know these were actually yours! I could never be trusted with a plate of those on my counter 🥰lol!

Yup. Made em tonight. They're sitting right next to me, smelling up my kitchen. I ate 2. Shouldn't, but hey, you only live once.
    Homemade Chinese takeaway. Di San Xian and chicken with asparagus. Sticky rice.
    gdrahfvptv8u.jpg
    One of the hardest things to deal with is the health of a parent, my mom is bordering on becoming diet and we're doing our research to prolong the effects but we are thinking about taking this.

https://bit.ly/3m5Z1Nt

Just advertising guys--don't bother.
    Basmati rice w sauce of black beans, tomato, EVOO, red pepper, black pepper, paprika, chopped onion and garlic, and a laurel leaf. This was really good.6dvfqhnmp137.jpg