Why are girls constantly creeped on at the gym?

Options

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Wait..I'm being a jerk because you don't know how to hit a quote button?? Seriously?? Ok..I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

Yes, actually, you are. Not everyone is 100% forum literate. Some of us learn as we go and make quoting mistakes. The way you handled the quoting mistake wasn't polite or genial, it was just jerky. Because you're a jerk. :)

I really don't see how he was being a jerk. He ASKED for clarification. Just because he didn't fill the page with smiley faces didn't mean he was being snarky or mean.

And no, I'm not defending him or any other guy here because I'm desperate. Just wanted to put it out there because I don't like to be "generalized".

That's the thing about the internet, you gotta be careful how you word things. Honestly when I first read his comment all I saw was a jerk poking fun at some kid who can't use quotes properly.
    And when I read your reply to him, all I saw was a direct violation of the forums.

Insulting other users is a no no.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I still have not read anywhere that she made any attempt to discourage him outside of ignoring him AFTER they've been talking and have even hugged, which would obviously make any PERSON (guy or girl) wonder whats going on.

yes! And I am wondering why we're still talking about it! lol

Because pretty much every girl literally jumped the gun and told OP to report him. They pretty much asked an innocent guy (so far as per description) to be fired just because OP felt like he's a creeper when all she's done is ENCOURAGED him and not once told him to stop bothering her...
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Just for the record, I still have not read anywhere that she made any attempt to discourage him outside of ignoring him AFTER they've been talking and have even hugged, which would obviously make any PERSON (guy or girl) wonder whats going on.

No attempt to discourage him? Psh...She did that by making this thread, obviously!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Wait..I'm being a jerk because you don't know how to hit a quote button?? Seriously?? Ok..I'm beginning to see what the problem is.

Yes, actually, you are. Not everyone is 100% forum literate. Some of us learn as we go and make quoting mistakes. The way you handled the quoting mistake wasn't polite or genial, it was just jerky. Because you're a jerk. :)

I really don't see how he was being a jerk. He ASKED for clarification. Just because he didn't fill the page with smiley faces didn't mean he was being snarky or mean.

And no, I'm not defending him or any other guy here because I'm desperate. Just wanted to put it out there because I don't like to be "generalized".

That's the thing about the internet, you gotta be careful how you word things. Honestly when I first read his comment all I saw was a jerk poking fun at some kid who can't use quotes properly.
    And when I read your reply to him, all I saw was a direct violation of the forums.

Turn me in then. :) I don't mind.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

No attempt to discourage him? Psh...She did that by making this thread, obviously!

btw, her only thread since she joined a few days ago. I salute every one in this thread who automatically assumed that the guy was guilty and should be fired
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    lol who just lets random dudes hug them anyway? If I was him I would think you're playing hard to get now

nvm I didn't read the thread and someone already mentioned this theory
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I know you are but what am I?

:P Careful. You just violated the rules too! OH NO! Now we're all going to jail.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Kick him in the balls slap him in the face then call the cops for attempted rape lmao
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Surprised this thread isn't closed yet
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

btw, her only thread since she joined a few days ago. I salute every one in this thread who automatically assumed that the guy was guilty and should be fired

Eh, I didn't assume. I just told her she could either tell him to back off or report him. I don't know the situation..but it's the common sense choices.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

Yeah, I noticed that too. Professionalism says he shouldn't have invaded her personal space, but she did nothing to indicate it was unwelcome.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Maybe we've all been trolled. If so, bravo. My jimmies have been rustled.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

Yeah, I noticed that too. Professionalism says he shouldn't have invaded her personal space, but she did nothing to indicate it was unwelcome.

I hug my trainer sometimes. Depending on the culture its not always unprofessional. It's not like the gym is a suit and tie kind of place.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Pfft...what do you know about the forum guidelines?

Wait a second...YOU'RE LEAKRAMIREZ!!! OMG!! I read about you in the forums today. I think it's awesome how supporting and motivating and giving and awesome you are.

I sent you a FR. In fact, I've sent you a FR FIVE TIMES NOW. Maybe the MFP site is having a problem and you're not getting them. I'll send you another one just as soon as I post this. Please accept it.

Oh, sorry OP...didn't mean to hijack your thread here.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    lol who just lets random dudes hug them anyway? If I was him I would think you're playing hard to get now

Who said he was random?! I have a sales rep at my club who gives me hugs and flirts with me (even though he has a girlfriend). So what?! If I have a problem with it, I have to put my big girl pants on and SAY SO. OP and some of the people responding are seriously overreacting here.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The real question is....

Who wants a hug? (friendly and welcome hugs only please)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Most men are just pervs and the girls that defend them obviously just want male attention because their desperate. Just leave us women alone! We go to the gym for one reason: TO WORKOUT!

Rude and insulting - gross over generalization.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

:P Careful. You just violated the rules too! OH NO! Now we're all going to jail.

No, I was just quoting psychological studies that say people who call other people names are often referring to themselves and just projecting...especially on the internet because they can hid behind the comfort of anonymity.
  • WorkoutWarrior76
    WorkoutWarrior76 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The real question is....

Who wants a hug? (friendly and welcome hugs only please)

I asked for one earlier!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

No, I was just quoting psychological studies that say people who call other people names are often referring to themselves and just projecting...especially on the internet because they can hid behind the comfort of anonymity.
    Just playing the devils advocate here, but wouldn't saying someone is projecting themselves onto yourself be a projection of yourself projecting onto of others?
This discussion has been closed.