How many carbs do you eat per day?

Options

Replies

• AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    400g carbs per day.
    440g and weight is still being lost (slowly). Funny, I use to be a proponent of low carb diets too. Silly me!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    i try to stay around 80g a day...I read for woman trying to lose weight they should not go over 100g a day.

false.

and I quote ~~

"Carbs per day for weight loss

The number of carbs per day for weight loss ranges from from 20 to 50 or sometimes up to 70 grams. However, 70 grams daily is usually only for those who are engaging in weight training in addition to cardio exercise. The usual low carbohydrate range is 20 to 60 grams daily. You determine how strict you need to be; the best way is to experiment and discover what amount works well for you as an individual.

Refined processed carbohydrates are a major cause of weight gain, obesity, insulin resistance, heart disease, and many other diet related diseases."

^^ This
    ??:huh:
    To clarify, the main causes of insulin resistance, heart disease, and many other diet related diseases is obesity. There is a correlation between high refined carb intake and weight gain - not a causation. If you are at a caloric deficit, this is not a issue. Some people find it easier to stay at a caloric deficit to stay low carb, but it is by no means necessary.

You are quoting a low carb diet. You can absolutely lose weight with moderate/high carbs and even include refined processed carbs. From a health perspective, you should ensure that you have a balanced nutrient diet of course.

Out of interest, where is this quote from?

^^You mean this^^ x100 :drinker:

ETA: Only thing I can negatively add about very high carbs in my weight loss diet is that I retain to much water and very low cabs just makes me to tired. Keeping them Med to Low is my sweet spots.
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    400g carbs per day.
    440g and weight is still being lost (slowly). Funny, I use to be a proponent of low carb diets too. Silly me!

i've done all that low carb, cab cycling crap, it works a first. Give it 10 days I feel like *kitten*, i get irritable and want to smack anyone who talks to me. I would only implement the low carbs at the end of a contest prep when I want to come in dry.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I eat around 150-210g of carbs depending on the day. (i am maintaining my weight right now) Oatmeal, Quinoa, and lots of fruits and veggies are staples in my diet. :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    anywhere from 120-220 these days. I should probably cut back to around 150 because I am not doing as much strength training (or exercise) and I find when I eat in excess of 200g carbs, it's usually due to refined sugar sources which I am also trying to cut back on.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I am a 61 year old man who is 200 lbs and does strength training workouts. I do between 150 and 200 per day. Carb are the last of my priorites when hitting my macros. First is protein, second fats and carbs with what's left. Protein in critical for maintaining lean muscle mass, fats for maintianing balanced hormones.

^^THIS^^ I hit my protein and fats first and healthy "slow carbs" are what fills in the blanks. I get around 150 grams per day, some days more and some less.

Ditto that again.

So 55% carbs, 25% protein, 20% fat, gets me my important 135 g protein and 54 g fat.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    400g carbs per day.

i've done all that low carb, cab cycling crap, it works a first. Give it 10 days I feel like *kitten*, i get irritable and want to smack anyone who talks to me. I would only implement the low carbs at the end of a contest prep when I want to come in dry.
    This man knows what he is talking about. I use to believe all that endomorph, ectomorph bs. Silly me x2!
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A LOT.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    As many as I like, a bit of a change from my six months of keto last year.

I lose just as well if I maintain the energy gap.

Nothing is off-limits either.
  • jellybeansarenice
    Options
    I haven't had a carb in 5 years!

..only joking, usually about 30g when being strict, otherwise 100g maybe. I always get way better results when I'm strict though (obviously).
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Between 175g-250g a day, some days a little more, some days a little less.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I eat less than 25/30 carbs a day and weight loss is very easy for me on this.
    I've dieted for years and lost a total of 40kg and never found it as easy as i do on a low carb diet.

Dieted for years???

that jumped out at me. If dieting for years. ..something doesn't seem to be working.

My definition of working = fat stays GONE = no more dieting

My opinion : Diets don't work. It's LIFE. Find an eating and exercise plan that you enjoy and can stick with for life.

I'm not willing to do anything to lose fat that I'm not willing to do forever.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    i try to stay around 80g a day...I read for woman trying to lose weight they should not go over 100g a day.

For what it's worth, I average about 200g of carbs per day and have lost 25 pounds. Maybe some people's bodies react differently to carbs, but what has worked for me was staying under my calorie goal and trying to get as much protein as I can.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I never tracked them while losing. I can see them in my printable report though.

I am in maintenance and my intake during December was around 3-400 grams per day. I guess while losing weight I was eating 2-300. Rather than focusing on carbs, I just figured if I got the recommended protein and didn't go crazy on fat, the carbs would balance themselves.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Under 50g/day most days. Most of my carbs come from dairy and very few veggies and fruit. I had intestinal surgery so I cant eat them - it took a LONG time to figure that out!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Around 20-40. I like the appetite suppressing properties of ketosis.
  • tifflynn205
    Options
    NoT many
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

^^ Me too!! :happy:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    My goal is set at about 275g for 2900 cals. Usually, I eat between 200-250g.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options

Yeah..this too :)

As much as I miss carbs some days I really love that I discovered the Keto diet. It's been a lifesaver and it really kickstarted my weight loss again.