Replies

• JuliRamone
    JuliRamone Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Around 200g :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    250ish right now. I'll be eating between 300 - 400 when I get into spring and training for my 1/2 Century. I'll be spending a lot of time in the saddle so I'll need more rocket fuel to go.
  • svsr3
    svsr3 Posts: 1
    Options
    How many carbs to eat wen u want to loose inches not weight...i've lost weight but my waistline is still da same...so wanted to knw if amount of carbs is related to this?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    How many carbs to eat wen u want to loose inches not weight...i've lost weight but my waistline is still da same...so wanted to knw if amount of carbs is related to this?

No.

Amount of muscle lost as weight compared to only fat weight lost, that leaves you with fat where you don't want/need it, and weight at healthy range.

Or genetically disposed to fat where you don't want it - or tad of both.

Only solution for you is gain more muscle now, lifting.
  • scroogy
    scroogy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates are so important for your overall health, and so many people here are eating way less than they should be. This is very dangerous and can cause you very serious health problems up to and including sudden death. I'm a nursing student and in my nutrition studies we learn that NOBODY should eat below about 135 grams of carbs per day. That is the bare minimum. If you're not getting that you're starving your cells of energy they need, especially your brain which requires carbohydrates to function properly.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates are so important for your overall health, and so many people here are eating way less than they should be. This is very dangerous and can cause you very serious health problems up to and including sudden death. I'm a nursing student and in my nutrition studies we learn that NOBODY should eat below about 135 grams of carbs per day. That is the bare minimum. If you're not getting that you're starving your cells of energy they need, especially your brain which requires carbohydrates to function properly.

I've never heard or read that in my life!! have you got any articles to explain this?
    do you also learn we should eat a certain serves of grain/bread etc a day?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I try to net (carbs - fiber) about 30g a day or less. This has helped me cut out sweets and starchy stuff that I tend to overeat, and has gotten rid of my hypoglycemia because my blood sugar is much more steady :)
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    Options
    As many as I can - usually between 200g-400g.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I tried below 20 (keto) I gained and wasn't capable to workout properly anymore. I increased it to 40-50 now, losing weight and rock the gym. So I stick to that for now...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

While I am not an advocate of low carb, this is just not correct.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

:noway: I mean this in the kindest way possible but I'm pretty sure it will come off harsh, I do apologize :blushing:
    Please continue your schooling, you've got plenty more to learn :flowerforyou:
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    45% when not working up to my half marathons, 50% when I am.....and probably going to stay at 50% from now on as going to keep my mileage up after this training session. Then the week before my race I bump up to 60% to do a gradual carb load (my GI doesn't like one night loads....runner's trot the next day...not fun).
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options

Hopefully glucose classes start tomorrow followed by gluconeogenesis.
  • MrsSpitser
    MrsSpitser Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I find it difficult to keep track of anything more than the calories I take in at this time. I struggle to reach the goals set for me on that front. However, even on the days that I meet my calorie goals, I find that I'm usually over my carb goals. The worst thing for me is my sodium intake.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    i try to stay around 80g a day...I read for woman trying to lose weight they should not go over 100g a day.

Where did you read that? It is just not true. I have never been under 100g - often over 200g and have had no issues losing weight.

Mark Sisson at marksdailyapple.com advocates staying just under 100 gr of carbs (men and women) to lose weight. He also advocates being around 150 gr if you are in maintenance. That's what I've been doing for 18 months i.e. I stick to 100 gr of carbs and sometimes bump it up.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    The holidays haven't been a good example, but I try to hit my protein (150 g) and fat (75 g) daily, and the rest of my calories are carbs at around 250 g.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Hopefully glucose classes start tomorrow followed by gluconeogenesis.

:wink: :blushing:
  • iheartbiology
    iheartbiology Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not enough!
  • eugovogue
    Options
    I'm at the point in my weight loss where I eat whatever I want in small portions.
    I don't count cals, I don't weigh or measure food, or any other of that neurotic crap. I exercise regularly, try to eat clean, stop eating when I'm full, and only drink water.
    Ironically, when I stopped obsessing over what I was eating, I lost more.
    I only have about 10lbs to lose as a short term goal (which I am 3lbs away from). Anything more than that is lovely but I'm not exactly racing to get there.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Looking at my last 90 days report it seems my amount varies enormously, range is 40g - 340g per day.

Highest day of the year was 674g and I was still in a calorie deficit that day. :smile: