How many carbs do you eat per day?

Options

Replies

• cjspawn120
    Options
    A nutrition science professor at the Kansas State University did a diet where he ate only candy bars (and added vegetables into the diet) and lost 27lbs in 60 days...his point? It's all about calories in vs. calories out. Be sure to consume carbs because it's how the brain fuels itself.
  • ohhman10
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses everyone!

I've tried doing less than 50 a day and I get exhausted. I think I'm going to try to stick to 100. :)
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I eat around 150 g of carbs per day.
    I don't know how it would even be possible to eat between 20 and 50 per day.
    I just had a greek yogurt for 20 carbs, I'd be pretty much done for the day!
  • missjeanlouise
    missjeanlouise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat around 150 g of carbs per day.
    I don't know how it would even be possible to eat between 20 and 50 per day.
    I just had a greek yogurt for 20 carbs, I'd be pretty much done for the day!

Your entire post sums up my experience!
    When I first set up my profile here, I tried to make 75g of carbs my goal. It took less than a day of logging for me to realize that for me that does not work. The foods I feel best on contain a lot of lean protein/low or no carb foods, but also contain some good carb foods (greek yogurt, legumes, oatmeal). I'm just still playing around with my food intake and trying not to worry TOO much about the ranges. My priority right now is protein, though, and healthy fat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How many carbs do you eat per day and still loose weight? I know everyone is different... I'm just curious. :)

The question doesn't really make sense. Calories are what matter for losing weight, not macros. FTR, my carb intake is in the neighborhood of 200 grams per day.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The answers here should have zero bearing on your own macros, but having said that:

No fewer than 200 when losing weight and that's an absolute minimum. My ceiling while losing weight is just under 300, at which point I have to drop protein or fat below comfortable levels.
  • I eat how ever many I want to eat. I love carbohydrates. :) I do eat very healthy and I run a lot so I guess maybe that's why my carbohydrate intake has never been a problem for me. I do have to say that I was probably eating even more carbohydrates when I weighed 97 pounds then now. I weigh 125 now (well probably 123 but I haven't weighed myself in a bit).
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just hit my percentage amount. No idea how many grams that is.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    All of them.

Anyway, I eat from 125 to 200 on average. Whenever I'm trying to eat less candy my carbs drop drastically.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I am a 61 year old man who is 200 lbs and does strength training workouts. I do between 150 and 200 per day. Carb are the last of my priorites when hitting my macros. First is protein, second fats and carbs with what's left. Protein in critical for maintaining lean muscle mass, fats for maintianing balanced hormones.

^^THIS^^ I hit my protein and fats first and healthy "slow carbs" are what fills in the blanks. I get around 150 grams per day, some days more and some less.
    THIS
    I'm a 47 year old woman. I focus on protein first, then slow carbs
    I sorta focus on getting fats, but that seems to be the easiest for me.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I haven't really paid attention to it, but looking back at my diary, I see that on average 150 during "weight loss" mode, then closer to 175-200 maintenance. I was usually well within the macros set by MFP.
  • stillme10252000
    Options
    Since I'm a diabetic I have to watch my carb intake. I try to stick to 3 snacks a day & then my 3 meals a day. For my snacks I'm allowed 15 carbs, breakfast I'm allowed 20 carbs, lunch I'm allowed 30 carbs, and for dinner I'm allowed 45 carbs. That would total 140 carbs a day. Sometimes I eat all my carbs and sometimes I don't. It really depends on what I have going on in that day. Hope this helps.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I average 235 per day and is still dropping weight.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    But doesnt fiber and calcium play a role in weight loss too?
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    About 150-180g. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
  • jelineee
    jelineee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    probs about 300-400 . i just eat too much fruit
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    mini cut at the moment...170g - 260g, varies on the day depending on training.
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm allowed almost 200g, but I almost never get past 75-100g for carbs with or without exercise. To me, fat and protein are more important.
  • I do a combination of many things. I'm on a Ketogenic Diet for my seizures, Intermittent Fasting, and Feast Days.
    I do 6 days of Ketogenic Food and eat up to 20g of carbs a day, but I rarely hit that much. On my feast days I allow myself up to 80g of carbs a day. At first eating high fat, low cal seemed off but I rarely get hungry and sometimes I have trouble getting in the right amount of calories because my appetite is suppressed. I dropped like 8 pounds the first week and I only walk 5 miles 3x a week and 3 miles 2x a week, with basic calisthenic exercises to strengthen.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    200-300 carbs a day, from all sorts of food. I did this while successfully losing weight and now while successfully maintaining.