Excited about Lance Armstrong!

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    so we both agree that hes a great athlete and i dont care about his personal faults and you do... so i dont see why this debate lol.:drinker:

lol
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Armstrong has used lawsuits and threats and has ruined people financially for speaking the truth against him.

who could cheer for a guy like that?

using PEDs isnt why most people hate him.

Word!

Except the point of this thread has ZERO to do with *why*, or even *if*, people hate Lance Armstrong. Please, if you want to comment on him as a person, start a thread on it! I suspect the general consensus is correct, that he truly is a dbag of epic proportions.

However, this thread is about *what* he did and *how* he did it. A relatively old guy did things that allowed him to beat younger guys (many of whom were also doing similar things). Part of this is likely because of the things he took, part is because of the training he did, and part is because of who he is. The focus here is on the things he took (and, I think, the things he did, but I'm being lazy and not actually clicking back to OP).

Take a moment and forget all that you know/have heard about him as a person and instead consider what he was able to do. I think it's worth considering.

^ Agree with this. Very well said.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    yes drugs are bad... we can beat that dead horse with a stick for ever and ever....

Should he have sued all those people.... probably not...

Did he get stripped of all his race titles for drug use... yes

Is he still pretty kick *kitten*... yes

The fricken guy beat cancer how many times AND still managed to win the tour de france how many times? Screw all you guys i dont care what drugs he was on that man is still an inspiration to all those who suffer from major illnesses... regardless of all the media crap hes going through right now i will always think of him as a pretty kick *kitten* individual
    :drinker:
    Guess what guys.
    I also beat cancer.
    I guess that also makes me pretty kick *kitten*.

Your ability to miss the main point of any paragraph continues to baffle me. Did you notice the conjunction in the sentence you responded to? The author even put it all caps and yet you failed to see it.

Here, let me help you. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODGA7ssL-6g

And, yes, beating cancer is pretty awesome. My wife did last year AND she understands conjunctions.
  • grgnelson
    grgnelson Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It wasn't the doping that did him in it was the coverup-cycling's version of Watergate...
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    OK..
    Lets get back on track for a moment.

People want to know what drugs Lance was taking so that they to can take these same drugs and get "an edge" somehow.

People, this is one of the HUGE reasons why many of these enhancements drugs are forbidden.
    It used to be that some idiot 14 year old would think it is a good idea but, we can see that it is no longer just teenagers who are stupid enough to take a drig just to gain some kind of an edge.

Lets talk about that for a moment.

And please, take the time to correct my spelling because we all know that makes you more right and me more wrong.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

HE HAD CANCER...HE BEAT CANCER....

Enough said?

If everyone would just stop with the cheating crap and go back to the fact that even without doping he beat cancer and is STILL a better athlete than you will ever be. So yes sorry but i think anyone who has beat cancer and is still a high performance athlete is still pretty damn amazing

so if Bernie Madoff beat cancer then he would be an inspiration to us all even though he ruined people's lives?

^^^LMAO!!!! This!! ^^^ I love how Laces_Out always see's the other side of the fence.
    Aside from all that. I really want to know how did he beat the tests? I don't want to take drugs or whatever, I just want to know how did he do it!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OK..

People want to know what drugs Lance was taking so that they to can take these same drugs and get "an edge" somehow.

People, this is one of the HUGE reasons why many of these enhancements drugs are forbidden.
    It used to be that some idiot 14 year old would think it is a good idea but, we can see that it is no longer just teenagers who are stupid enough to take a drig just to gain some kind of an edge.

And please, take the time to correct my spelling because we all know that makes you more right and me more wrong.

Not all "drugs" are bad, mm'kay?

I'm not saying I want to know so I can do exactly the same thing. That would be stupid. However, having knowledge of his protocol may be beneficial...

*sigh* I give up. Now I'm repeating myself as if I think, although you didn't get it the first few times, somehow, this time will be different and you'll understand.

Seriously, if you can't understand the practical applications of having the information, then there is likely nothing I nor anyone else can say that will help.

Great job on your remarkably successful thread hijack. I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals.* :flowerforyou:

*(c) DrMerc 2012. All rights reserved. Use of this phrase without express permission of DrMerc is prohibited.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    OK..

Not all "drugs" are bad, mm'kay?

I'm not saying I want to know so I can do exactly the same thing. That would be stupid. However, having knowledge of his protocol may be beneficial...

*sigh* I give up. Now I'm repeating myself as if I think, although you didn't get it the first few times, somehow, this time will be different and you'll understand.

Seriously, if you can't understand the practical applications of having the information, then there is likely nothing I nor anyone else can say that will help.

Great job on your remarkably successful thread hijack. I wish you nothing but success in all your fitness and health goals.* :flowerforyou:

*(c) DrMerc 2012. All rights reserved. Use of this phrase without express permission of DrMerc is prohibited.
    Actually, I brought it right back ON track.
    The very first post:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Seriously, I am glad he is coming out about doping! Now we can get a list of what he does and how he does it. This is the guy who even after cancer had lungs that processed oxygen better than a high school top athlete. Once the market and the underground gets a hold of that list you will see a flood of new products on the market to push you way past where you are now, bring it on!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So I came right back and spoke about stupid 14 year olds taking drugs and now stupid adults.
    The OP was (is) very excited to see this list of what was obviously a performance enhancement.

How exactly is that a hijack?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    423994_10151221488566657_1622552491_n.jpg
  • MissyJessy
    MissyJessy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    best and most accurate picture ever lol
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Sadly, cycling used to be my wife's favorite sport. She could sit and watch every second of coverage of the Tour de France. But all of this cr@p has completely turned her off. She has no desire to even keep up with her favorite riders any more.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    So far it's the usual suspect, Blood doping, HgH, Epo, and a few other little things. The HgH is the one I'm most fascinated in. There are actually a series of Wellness clinics around the country that prescribe HgH to people over 50. What they find in thier studies is what has been summed up a few times as the fountain of youth. A perfect example would be Stallone. The dude is 66 years old and is completely lean and absolutely jacked. He is also a huge supporter of HgH. During filming for Rambo in 2007 he was caught with HgH while traveling to Austrailia. Stallone's response was, I love HgH and anyone over 40 should be using it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

For the haters, please note that in the wiki and in the many other sources/studies you can look up on your own, like I did. Testicular cancer is NOT a side effect of HgH, nor is it for blood doping or Epo. However, it is a side effect to as Lance described it, smashing your balls against a bike seat for hours on end, day after day.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Sadly, cycling used to be my wife's favorite sport. She could sit and watch every second of coverage of the Tour de France. But all of this cr@p has completely turned her off. She has no desire to even keep up with her favorite riders any more.

that's sad.
    I didn't quit watching football because all of my favorite players are on drugs. They are, and always will be, a part of professional sports. We want to see amazing things happen, and the drugs allow that.

Thankfully drug use accepted in the sport of powerlifting. Because I would hate to hear morons discredit a 1000 pound squat and say "oh well he used drugs to do that, so it doesn't count".
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options

that's sad.
    I didn't quit watching football because all of my favorite players are on drugs. They are, and always will be, a part of professional sports. We want to see amazing things happen, and the drugs allow that.

Thankfully drug use accepted in the sport of powerlifting. Because I would hate to hear morons discredit a 1000 pound squat and say "oh well he used drugs to do that, so it doesn't count".

There is actually a very cool documentary on this that shows the pro's and con's called
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It is absolutely worth the watch
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

There is actually a very cool documentary on this that shows the pro's and con's called
    Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It is absolutely worth the watch

Watched it 5 or 6 times. Chris Bell's (director) brother Mark, from the movie, is huge in the powerlifting community.
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    Options
    yup i caught that lol, I had watched a documentary on the man with the exploding arms before so it was interesting to see him in this doc too
  • thatfitgal
    Options
    At least half of competitive cyclists take performance enhancing drugs, or at least do blood doping.
    I don't think the fault lies with Lance Armstrong, the issue is in the sport and it's not something that will easily be rectified.