Another Thought About Milk

Options

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

Okay, fair enough but let's discuss this here then. Let's drop the animosity at least for a few minutes. Can we at least agree that a diet made of up 80% "quality" foods (or "clean" if you like) and 20% not so "quality" or "clean" is still going to cover your bases and allow you to live a healthy, fit and, for many athletes, competitive life? It seems to be what you're doing and is at least what I strive for.

I usually shoot for 90/10, but yes, I agree with you completely.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    I dont need stronger anything Mr. i know everything and like to internet bully.
    Ask a nutritionist if our bodies were designed for cows milk. Its not. If you can get nutrients from a source your body can actually break down with ease why settle for something that puts your body into over drive?

Fyi, mentioning breast milk is not ridiculous. I'm sure you sucked on a tit for nutrition so spare me.

You like to "internet bully", Coach Reddy?
    Uh, consider yourself reported.
    What a HORRIBLE thing to say, dude - you know that isn't allowed here AT ALL!!!

that wasn't my post.................. might wanna re-check that.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Holy crap you people will argue about anything.
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I dont need stronger anything Mr. i know everything and like to internet bully.
    Ask a nutritionist if our bodies were designed for cows milk. Its not. If you can get nutrients from a source your body can actually break down with ease why settle for something that puts your body into over drive?

Fyi, mentioning breast milk is not ridiculous. I'm sure you sucked on a tit for nutrition so spare me.

You like to "internet bully", Coach Reddy?
    Uh, consider yourself reported.
    What a HORRIBLE thing to say, dude - you know that isn't allowed here AT ALL!!!

NO! That was ModifiedMama - - - not Coach.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Maybe other animals aren't smart enough to advantage of nutritious milk from other sources.

what's nutritious about milk? you'll say calcium - you can get 50% more calcium from Almond Milk.

so then what other reason is there to drink it?
    Granted, store-bought almond milk contains more calcium than cow's milk, but it's because of the added calcium carbonate. It also has a nice amount of Vitamin E in it, in addition to a decent number of micronutrients.

But almond milk only has about one-eighth the amount of protein as cows milk, as well as lacking the nutrient quantity and nutrient diversity of its bovine counterpart.

Despite the nutritional elegance of cow's milk, the food phobic's have largely abandoned it.

so calcium, which we've covered - and protein, which can EASILY be met from any number of other sources.

hey, it's a personal choice and do what you want, but to me it's simple. Even if you're not lactose intolerant, milk often makes people phlegmy. Phlegm is the bodies natural response to something toxic entering its system. To me, that's all the info I needed - however I'm also a singer so I'm more sensitive to things like mucus and phlegm.

The point is, someone who doesn't drink milk isn't missing out on any nutrients compared with someone who does.
    I drink milk and/or eat dairy products at least once, if not more, a day.

I am also a singer. My friends can attest to that.

I do not get "phlegmy" from milk. I do not have problems with mucus or phlegm. That's normally caused by a respiratory infection, not dairy, so I'd recommend seeing a doctor.

Also, even when I *do* suffer from mucus or phlegm (again, due to a respiratory infection, not dairy), it doesn't affect my singing. At all.

So...your argument is flawed, if not completely invalid.

haha I'm a singer and my paychecks attest to that.

in any case, just do two seconds of google research and you'll see you're unique - and you probably don't use your voice in the same way as professional singers.
    Oh good lord.

You're not even worth it.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Milk is a death drink! Stay away!! You will grow a third eye and may develop a tail!! One of the proteins in milk is called whey! Notice anything? It sounds exactly the same as weigh! What does that mean to you? If you drink it, you are going to whey more! err, weigh more! Casein has the same first four letters as Casey Anthony's name. If you drink milk, you may kill your offspring and go party!! Stay far away from the devil drink!!

RUN! DON'T WALK!

From....

blob_1958_poster_01.jpg
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk because of how it effects me. I drink almond milk and sometimes soy but rarely.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I assure you, asking if i would buy and drink a gallon of breast milk as an adult is ridiculous. The fact that you don't realize this does not make me an internet bully
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Lol, the anti milk people probably don't eat ice cream, cheese, or cheese cake. Don't hate.
    And if you're anti milk yet do eat these, the STFU.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow. I feel like I started a thing.

I grew up drinking 2% milk most of my life. At some point (probably about 21 or so) I heard someone say that after you weren't a baby anymore, you really didn't require milk, and so it might be "best" to drink nonfat, if not something else entirely. After that, I started drinking nonfat. I don't think I'm opposed to 2% or Whole...I can see why certain people would want to use it instead of nonfat.

I won't touch 2% or non-fat milk. It's rather ridiculous to me to drink non-fat because milk contains fat soluble vitamins so when you remove the fat from the milk you don't absorb the vitamins unless you're eating something fatty with the milk for breakfast (stick of butter anyone?). Milk-fat contains Vitamin A so removing it removes the vitamin and often the producers will reintroduce Vitamin A into low-fat or skim milk, however you still can't absorb it. The reason milk producers push it so hard as a "healthier" alternative, when it isn't, is because it makes them more money than whole milk. Fat-free milk was the waste product from producing cream and they can make money off what used to be a waste product by claiming it's a healthier alternative. Go for whole foods, like whole milk, not modified foods...
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Maybe other animals aren't smart enough to advantage of nutritious milk from other sources.

what's nutritious about milk? you'll say calcium - you can get 50% more calcium from Almond Milk.

Granted, store-bought almond milk contains more calcium than cow's milk, but it's because of the added calcium carbonate. It also has a nice amount of Vitamin E in it, in addition to a decent number of micronutrients.

But almond milk only has about one-eighth the amount of protein as cows milk, as well as lacking the nutrient quantity and nutrient diversity of its bovine counterpart.

Despite the nutritional elegance of cow's milk, the food phobic's have largely abandoned it.

so calcium, which we've covered - and protein, which can EASILY be met from any number of other sources.

hey, it's a personal choice and do what you want, but to me it's simple. Even if you're not lactose intolerant, milk often makes people phlegmy. Phlegm is the bodies natural response to something toxic entering its system. To me, that's all the info I needed - however I'm also a singer so I'm more sensitive to things like mucus and phlegm.

The point is, someone who doesn't drink milk isn't missing out on any nutrients compared with someone who does.

I do not get "phlegmy" from milk. I do not have problems with mucus or phlegm. That's normally caused by a respiratory infection, not dairy, so I'd recommend seeing a doctor.

Also, even when I *do* suffer from mucus or phlegm (again, due to a respiratory infection, not dairy), it doesn't affect my singing. At all.

in any case, just do two seconds of google research and you'll see you're unique - and you probably don't use your voice in the same way as professional singers.
    Oh good lord.

that really wasn't meant in a derogatory way... it's just that a professional singer has to take meticulous care of his or her voice - much more than what the general public sees - and are thus more in tuned with the things that affect it both positively and negatively.

sorry if it came off that way.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    :laugh: Lol, the anti milk people probably don't eat ice cream, cheese, or cheese cake. Don't hate.

IDEA Fitness member

we don't. and i agree that if there are anti-milk people who do they SHOULD stfu. lol
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i know that since i stopped drinking cow milk my skin has cleared up and my stomach no longer cramps or gets bloated...

drink what you want to drink...dont let a study or someone's opinion tell you what to do....do what you want to do and what works for you....!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I dunno about Milk, but I do know Bananas are for monkeys. So bananas are definitely out of the question.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Oh good lord.

that really wasn't meant in a derogatory way... it's just that a professional singer has to take meticulous care of his or her voice - much more than what the general public sees - and are thus more in tuned with the things that affect it both positively and negatively.

Don't even try to school me.

I've been singing for half my life, and have been behind the scenes of the music industry for at least 6 years.

Aside from opera singers (and even then, Sarah Brightman smokes like a chimney), most professional singers don't do diddly squat besides suck on a lemon before a performance.

You don't even know who you're trying to school. Just stop while you're ahead.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

we don't. and i agree that if there are anti-milk people who do they SHOULD stfu. lol

I'm really confused.

You (@CoachReddy) start off by saying that people could stop drinking cow's milk and drink almond milk.

Then you say people should drink what they want.

Then you say you don't care what other people are doing, yet you are here arguing on a thread about people who choose to drink cow's milk....saying where did the cavemen get their dairy fix.....

Just what are you saying??????

:sick: :huh:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Oh good lord.

Rihanna drinks milk
    rihanna_zps0c51f6b5.jpg
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    It's getting hard to keep up with the thread with this whole back and forth.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Oh good lord.

Don't even try to school me.

I've been singing for half my life, and have been behind the scenes of the music industry for at least 6 years.

Aside from opera singers (and even then, Sarah Brightman smokes like a chimney), most professional singers don't do diddly squat besides suck on a lemon before a performance.

You don't even know who you're trying to school. Just stop while you're ahead.

jAHGa.gif
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i know that since i stopped drinking cow milk my skin has cleared up and my stomach no longer cramps or gets bloated...

drink what you want to drink...dont let a study or someone's opinion tell you what to do....do what you want to do and what works for you....!

i don't think your skin has anything to do with it, but the cramps and bloating are from gas, which is from your inability to break down lactose. you were starting to become lactose intolerant. so by cutting out milk, it makes sense that the cramps and bloating would disappear.

i drank milk all my life until my mid-30's when i had to stop because i developed lactose intolerance. i miss cereal. i can still ingest small amounts, but too much will cause me to have all of the classic symptoms.

some people never become lactose intolerant. it's a hereditary thing. so anybody who claims we weren't intended to ingest milk simply because our bodies become unable to easily digest lactose is neglecting that percentage of the world's population that doesn't have that problem.