Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 11

Options

Replies

• HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Littlespy: I forgot to mention that around me, Target has the 30 Day Shred for about $9 on sale right now. Otherwise, I've purchased most of my workout DVDs on Walmart.com and had them shipped to my nearest store so I didn't have to pay a shipping cost.

Alright, I'm going to finish getting ready to head to the conference for the weekend.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    ok I got up this morning peed stripped down and weighed myself nakey LOL.And twice I saw 228.8 then it bounced back up to 231 so which one do you gals think I should take.I know weight fluctuates but 3 pounds in 5 minutes???? SO what do you gals think? Before 228.8 I saw 226.6 twice but I found that hard to believe so I changed the batteries in my scale and tried again.And thats when I saw the 228.8
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Ok I decided to go with the number in between the 2 that I got. So I checked in at 229 and hopefully tomorrow it will be less than that lol. So I lost 1.6 pounds this week
    So I believe that .69%

lildebbie.............- 2.8 = 0 .98%
    meokk...............- 0.8 = 0.45%
    jess41684.........- 1 = 0.45%
    snowflakes.........-1.4 = 0.75%
    Positive................- 3 =1.38%
    LittleSpy/jlb.........-0.4 = 0.19%
    hajohnson.........-2.6 = 1.35%
    Awestfall.............-1.6= 0.69%
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Curious,
    All of you who have done the 30 day shred.....how many calories do you think your burned?
    I don't have a HRM so just guess based on others calorie burned ranges found on various MFP posts.

I'm starting the shred again because I want LittleSpy collar bones :laugh:

:laugh: It's weird that even though my weight is staying the same, my collar bones & hip bones keep emerging more and more. Almost makes me wonder if I'm building a little bit of muscle.. or at least 'reactivating' some old muscle fibers that haven't been used in a while (I know there is controversy about whether or not you can actually build brand new muscle on a calorie deficit).

My HRM usually says I burn around 370 at my current weight (210). I was doing it when I was around 250 and, if I remember correctly, I was burning like 420 calories in 25 minutes! BUT, I log it as circuit training here on MFP and just count whatever calories it gives me for that (which right now is 316 for 25 minutes) because since I'm eating some of my exercise calories, I don't want to overestimate them.

I don't have 5 pound weights, but if I did I would probably be okay to use them. I use 3 pound weights for everything and 2 pound weights for the side lunge/anterior raises. Those things are killer!! When I started last November, I wasn't barely able to finish them all even with no weights! The 3 pound weights are way too light for bicep curls & chest flies, especially.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

Lildeb- Congrats on 2.8lbs, thats a GREAT number! I'll be thinking of your little girl today hope it goes well!
    Jess- Glad the trainer kicked your butt! Feels great doesnt it! Cant wait to be in the 40's with you!
    Positive- Yay on the extra water..telling you it really works!! Great loss this week!
    Tiger- you looked beautiful in your dress!
    JLB- You made me cry reading your post. (ok and now im crying again) Because I know exactly what you mean about being so uncomfortable doing things thinking people are judging you for how big you are. I am still not at the point where I would be able to do that..as soon as the other people arrived I would have left. Kudos to you, and I am so happy for you I cant even put it into words!
    Heather- 190!? 190!!! Good job! I am very happy for you! Have a safe and fun trip! We will miss ya!

As for weigh in. I was at 217 this morning. TOM is here full throttle so I am ecstatic with a 217! The 216 from yesterday did seem too good to be true :laugh:

LW- 221Lbs
    CW- 217lbs
    Loss of 4lbs!!:noway: :love:

Cris20056..........-4= 1.81%

Be back later to check on everyone else!

Cris
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals...

I will not be checking in this week since I really have not been back in the swing since Wed. So, we will see where I stand next Friday!

I am hoping to try my hand at homemade yogurt this weekend.. wish me luck.

Well.. I have a crazy day ahead of me so, I am off to work.. TTYL

Cogirl................... ? = 0%
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Woke up this morning irritable and bloated. My loose wedding ring was so tight I could not even move it. I weighed myself and the scale said I am up 6 pounds. I know that I have not eaten 21000 calories above my maintenance. So I am positive this is water weight. I forgot to take my blood pressure meds yesterday and my dinner was in sodium heaven. Then TOM decided to rear it's ugly head. Needless to say I am not too thrilled this morning. My poor husband and children, I hope they walk on egg shells today:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

momma...............+6=0% ( I know +6 does not = 0% but let's all pretend that it does:mad: :laugh: :sad: TOM is making me crazy)
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    momma...............+6=0% ( I know +6 does not = 0% but let's all pretend that it does:mad: :laugh: :sad: TOM is making me crazy)
    madgoth -1.5!!! I will let mari do the math!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Momma: I'll pretent that +6 = 0% because we know you'll get rid of it shortly. No worries!

So I know I said I was done checking in for today, but I'm back!

I just attempted C25k but failed but I didn't give up. Running outside is so much harder for me than running on the treadmill, especially with the wind being as strong as it is today. My legs honestly would have been able to handle it because they weren't tired at all, but my lungs couldn't handle running straight into the wind. I walked 5 min, jogged 12 min, walked 1, jogged 5, walked 3, jogged 5 and then finished with a 5 min. walk. I'll consider it interval training. Anyway, I stilled burned 448 calories in 38 minutes, so that eliminates the calories I ate for breakfast plus some.

I'm hoping to take advantage of the pool and/or exercise room at the hotel and will be going to a yoga class they're offering tomorrow morning at the conference. The 190 on the scale has boosted my motivation again!

Have a great weekend!
    Heather
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    LIttlespy - WTG on seeing a 20? that is awesome!!!!!

MOmma - sorry for that water weight :sad: :sad:

Congrats to all of you that had weight loss this week , and those who stayed the same (or gained some water weight), it will be your week next week :)

We are all home from the surgery. She did good, we had to stay up there for a while as her oxgyen levels were low, they gave her a breathing treatment and then she was back up to good...She is feeling great now she is running around the house.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Now that I have read all of the posts I say Congrats to all of you!!! Your a bunch of losers and I am sooooo proud of you all.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend just in case I do not get by to check. TOM is not going to ruin my weekend!!! I am going to go eat some breakfast then I am going to get some work done around here. By the way I tasted my beans I made for the potluck and they were FANTASTIC, if I don't say so myself. My hubby owes me big time. Thanks for all the sweet comments about my girls and some of you have some pretty awesome girls too.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    In about four hours you'll have Greek yogurt in the filter and clear whey in the tub.

My husband uses the whey as liquid for making bread. He also will drink it- I've tasted it and it's not bad but I wouldn't WANT to drink it. It tastes a little like butter milk...
    You could always give the whey to Litte Miss Muffet.............. :tongue:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Heather and lildebbie I must have been posting while you both were. Lildeb, glad the little one seems to have recovered well. I hope this works out good for her. I know it will!!!

Heather I think any type of exercise in the wind is going to be very difficult especially when you are needing to breath and that wind is blowing in to your lungs. Give yourself a break and try again when it is not so windy
  • Momma2four
    Options
    In about four hours you'll have Greek yogurt in the filter and clear whey in the tub.

My husband uses the whey as liquid for making bread. He also will drink it- I've tasted it and it's not bad but I wouldn't WANT to drink it. It tastes a little like butter milk...

you are a brat!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options

you are a brat!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hee hee hee!!! :smokin:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Okay... Now, where in the H-E-Double hocky sticks is mstahl?!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I hope nobody mines but i did what awestfall and litdeb did and added my whole weight loss total from when i began this weight loss journey a year ago...i did manage to go as low as 202 but i also gained weight...hopefully one day i ill see 160 ( cross my fingures)...
  • Momma2four
    Options
    littlespy- are you suppose to skip days on the couch25k? I enjoyed it so much yesterday I thought maybe I would do week one again today. I know you skip days but I was wondering if since week 1 has been somewhat not easy but not too hard for me that maybe I could do it again today without hurting myself.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    momma-I didn't skip days when I went from week 2 to week 3. If you are feeling okay I say go for it!! Way to not fret abou that WATER weight :wink: Hope your day goes better then it started!

lildebbie-Glad ot hear that the little ones surgery went well! My niece had a horrible problem with ear infections and as soon as she got the same thing done she never had one again! Hope it works out for her!

positively-I think it's a great idea to change your ticker to overall. I did the same thing. It just makes you feel better when you see the overall picture!

hjohnson-How sweet does it feel to see 190!?:bigsmile:

Cris-Is it possible you are our biggest loser AGAIN this week!? You are rocking girl! :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    momma-I didn't skip days when I went from week 2 to week 3. If you are feeling okay I say go for it!! Way to not fret abou that WATER weight :wink: Hope your day goes better then it started!

lildebbie-Glad ot hear that the little ones surgery went well! My niece had a horrible problem with ear infections and as soon as she got the same thing done she never had one again! Hope it works out for her!

positively-I think it's a great idea to change your ticker to overall. I did the same thing. It just makes you feel better when you see the overall picture!

hjohnson-How sweet does it feel to see 190!?:bigsmile:

Cris-Is it possible you are our biggest loser AGAIN this week!? You are rocking girl! :drinker:

Thanks Jess, I just started yesterday on a whim and I loved it. The only thing was I did it backwards I was thinking it said run 90 walk 60 and that is how I did it. But my heart rate was up I was out of breath and right when I did not think I could take it, it was time to walk. I just want to run again. My 4 yo son always wants me to chase him and my 8 yo wants me to race her home. She is 8 and kicks my butt. Yes, I DO want to win a race against my 8 yo. I am not too proud to admit that.:laugh: :laugh: