Over 200 Club New Year New Me Part 11

Options

Replies

• Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Good to see you and oh so glad you are back!!!!!!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Littlespy: In my mind you now have a long user name; littlespy?ohyajlb123:) It there a story to go with why you chose little spy?

I wrote a longwinded blog about it on MFP if you really want to know. :laugh:

And I couldn't find a small carton of plain yogurt, either. I just bought a big tub. I figured it's getting warmer so I'll start making smoothies again soon enough and I'll be able to use the rest of it that way.

Seems I am having operator difficulty this morning because I can't find the blog. I'm a dweeb.

Coloradogirl: That is great that you were able to maintain and not gain. You can feel very good about that achievement.

momma: I think that most city water has a taste, or aftertaste, or just plain awful depending on the way they process water and what they add like fluoride etc. The only water I like is fresh pumped well water. My SIL had a water line on the door of her fridge that was great, but anything out of her tap was horrid. It is interesting that there can be such a difference in taste.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Pos, I completely get the cold water problem. I can't drink ice cold water, either -- ESPECIALLY if I'm hot. My stomach will literally cramp up. My bf thinks I'm strange because I just take a glass to the tap & fill it up & start drinking. I almost never use ice, even in soda. Only in tea.

Momma -- I get not liking the taste of water. Some places I just can't drink it. I'm VERY fortunate to live in a city that has very good tap water -- I think I remember reading something about the taste our water being ranked one of the top in the nation, actually!

Haha, I googled & found a couple articles about our water.
    This one is from 2007 http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19865855/ (I'm in Columbia, SC).
    And this one's from last week, statewide http://dailyme.com/story/2010031800004890/brief-best-tasting-tap-water-sc-columbias.html

:laugh: I don't know why it cracks me up so much.

Edit: Sorry, snowflakes! I don't know why I thought our profiles had links to our blogs. :indifferent:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LittleSpy/view/when-i-was-a-little-spy-i-learned-well-how-to-hide-20972
    Oh, now I feel lame. I'm not a good blogger or anything. :embarassed:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    crispy1990: Yes, keeping the sodium down can be a great help to weight loss. My scale fluctuations have more to do with my sodium intake from the previous day than anything else. Some people aren't affected much by it; I am and my boyfriend isn't. Go figure.

littlespy: I know what you're saying about the ticker. I don't change mine when I have upward fluctuations because in my mind, I am the lower number because I know I'll get back to it. Oh, and the inner thigh is the adductor. The outer thigh is the abductor. Two of my favorite muscles because they're important ones for horseback riding.

As far as visualizing plateau's, I think about being in the dessert and standing on top of a never-ending mesa. Gotta love geography class!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    As far as visualizing plateau's, I think about being in the dessert and standing on top of a never-ending mesa. Gotta love geography class!

:laugh: Yes, the land "plateau" definitely crossed my mind a few times. Jumping up and down on it & beating it with my fists. :huh: I don't care what it looks like, as long as I kick it's a##. :tongue:
    And thanks for the adductor... yeah, those are definitely sore. :indifferent:
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    ColoradoGirl: Welcome back! I know exactly what you are talking about with lack of willpower .... I have been there these last few months too. I know that I need to have my head in the right place to really do this ... I need to WANT to lose weight more than I want to indulge myself with food. It's all a matter of what I want in the long run meaning more than what I want right now ... much easier said than done but WE CAN DO THIS! :flowerforyou:
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    How do I post a picture?!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    How do I post a picture?!

First you have to upload the picture to a website. It could be an image hosting website like photobucket.com or imageshack.com, or you can just upload it to MFP. Once you do that, if you uploaded it to an image hosting website, they will give you the codes. Use the "image" code it will look something like this:
    picture123-1234

That's the code you want. Copy that and paste it here. But then, for some reason, MFP make you change the capital "IMG" to lower case or the picture won't show up when you post. So, you use the tags: [ img ] picture URL [ / img ] (without the spaces).

If you upload it to your MFP profile, you can right click the photo and click "properties" and then copy that URL and put it between the [ img ] picture URL [ / img ] (again, without the spaces).

I hope that makes sense.

edit: typo
  • cris20056
    Options
    I hope this works...
    [ img ]http://photos.myfitnesspal.com/images/photos/422/976/422976_7753_thumb.jpg?2041[ / img ]

My sister took a picture with the blackberry (im too cheap to invest in one of those) but you can kind of see the ring! I think its much prettier in person :heart: :love: :love: :heart:
  • cris20056
    Options
    ok it didnt work....boooo!
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I tried to fix it and could not. Looks like jlb did though
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    I hope this works...
    422976_7753_thumb.jpg?2041

My sister took a picture with the blackberry (im too cheap to invest in one of those) but you can kind of see the ring! I think its much prettier in person :heart: :love: :love: :heart:

*WITHOUT* the spaces. :tongue:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Oh, and yes, the ring is GORGEOUS!!! :love:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    wow that is really pretty!!!! I love it Cris!!!

My hubby is having a pot luck on Friday at his work. The nerve of those guys he works with. They keep having him call me and make requests for what they want me to cook for them.:huh: They asked me to make them Ranch beans!! Then have my hubby call me to tell me what chili powder to use oh and they wanted me to make corn bread too!!! What a bunch of typical men.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    They asked me to make them Ranch beans!! Then have my hubby call me to tell me what chili powder to use oh and they wanted me to make corn bread too!!! What a bunch of typical men.

Booo!
    And what are ranch beans? Like, chili at all?

And, by the way, I've totally just convinced myself (easy to do) to make chili for dinner tomorrow. :laugh: But I'm super lazy and make it in my slow cooker.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Ranch beans are kinda like chili, No ground beef and no tomatoes, but if they are going to taste real good maybe a little bacon
  • Momma2four
    Options
    The secretary said she would make corn bread so I am good. Just got to soak my beans tonight. The only problem is getting good dry beans. My neighbors go to new mexico every year and they brought me back some good dry pintos from there oh they cannot be topped by those old beans in a bag. Still better than canned beans. When I do use bacon in my beans I take it out at the end. I know though that the fat stays behind. These guys don't care and I am not eating them so I will put bacon it
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I hope this works...
    422976_7753_thumb.jpg?2041

*WITHOUT* the spaces. :tongue:

Cris your ring is absoultely beautiful!!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Y'all are making me hugnery talking about chili and ranch beans!! I love chili! I started making my with ground turkey to cut out the fat. Love it!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    OMG Cris the ring is gorgeous!!