over 200 club New year New me Part 13

Options

Replies

• lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Update gals!!! it is looking more and more like my friends are part of the now 25 confirmed dead.There are still 4 missing but they have suspended the search to release some toxic gasses that are preventing them from continuing the search.No news of the two men I know that were inside the mine when it happened.11 bodies have been identified 14 unidentified and 7 of the 25 have been pulled out of the mine and 18 of the 25 confirmed dead are still inside the mine.So sad and my heart is just breaking for the families in my hometown here.Just to give you a picture of what WV is really like.I have lived here most of my life and the people here are my family (kin or not) when tragedy stricks like this WV comes together as a whole to help each other out.I love this state and the people who live in it.

My heart sank when I read this...I'll keep hoping its not true...please continue to keep us posted

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with your friends in WV. I am so sorry to hear/see the news on this. Just so tragic :cry: :cry:

I am sooo sorry that is soo sad..my heart goes out to you and your community.

Chris - if it makes you feeel better...i am feeling like that too...my body is achy and just drained...but I KNOW i am not preggers...my tubes our tied...or rather cut, burned and whatever else they could do :)
  • Onederland
    Options
    Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:
    Cris, I hope you get to feeling better soon. It may just be the change in weather that has you feeling all crappy like. I've been congested for the past week. Get some rest :heart:

My hubby will be gone tonight. He's working out of town with the foreman and our "adopted" son......lol

It's funny when people ask me how many kids I have, the past two years I have said..."I have 3 boys", rofl.
    I actually have TWO boys aged 14 and 18 and then when we moved to the boonies 2 years ago, we somehow "adopted" our next door neighbor Drew. He is 24 years old and I swear, the only time he goes home is to sleep, haha. :laugh:
    So, if you ever hear me talking about my "adopted" son on here, I'm really talking about my neighbor.

Me and the hubby will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary in May and I'm trying to come up with some ideas on what we can do. We got married when I was just 17 years old. It may sound 'young' but at age 14 I was actually living on my own, working full time and paying for my own studio/bills/groceries and did it all without government assistance (different days back then and different part of the world).....I didn't have much choice but to grow up fast.
    Anyway's I met my husband right before my 16th birthday. He had just got out of bootcamp and this was his first duty station, overseas. I just knew, and so did he, that we wanted to be together for EVER....and now 21 years later, he's an old fart, I'm an old fart and we still :heart: wuv:heart: (or is that put up with each other?, rofl)
    He is retired from the military now, (retired 2007)...and I have the grey hair from being a Navy wife all those years, lol.

My plan of attack today is to drink alot of water. I have some edema going on but it's my own fault. I am paying the price for my over indulgance this past weekend with the chinese food and other salty treats that I consumed. I should know better but I get these salty cravings and it's not until I swell up like a mashmallow that I realize...OOOPPs..probably shouldn't of done that, lol :tongue:

I'm still learning, hehe
    hope you all have a great day...
    Lisa
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    mstahl, Jess, Momma and Bluenote: Thankyou guys, it means alot. I didnt log and overate again last night, I just dont feel up to it for some reason.

It doesnt help at all that our work's IT department has gone on a complete power trip and has blocked every site I visit, except this one. I may not be able to access it soon, which sucks, because I have no work to do right now and i'm in zombie mode because they expect me to sit in this beige cube and only respond to external stimuli when they need me to do something for them. I'm not a machine, i'm an artist. This has been really depressing to deal with.

Oh well... its not that I feel like I HAVE to address everyone, I feel like if I dont that I'm not really interacting because when I dont talk to others, no one else talks to me back. And the whole reason I'm posting is for a support system. I know its there but I need to interact to feel inspired. I'm not going to quit.

And awestfal, I'm stunned to hear this terrible news. You and your friends will be in my thoughts and prayers, and so will everyone else that was caught in the explosion...that's terrible, I hope your friends are alright.
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Lisa- your story about you and your hubby is cute, I love seeing a marriage work out its so rare now a days!

Everyone else- I am not preggo! I just cant be, not even an option, thanks! hahaah seriously, maybe its the change in weather like onderland said, cause my allergies are here full force and it sucks
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Cris, I'd blame the change in weather plus you had a pretty stressful week last week, too. I've felt like crap the last couple of days, too, but I have TOM to blame on top of all the pollen & freaking ridiculous heat (93*F here today... :grumble:). The pollen is worse than I have *ever* seen it. There is a yellow smog everywhere you go. It's disgusting. It coats all the pavement & the grass & you can't even tell what color anyone's car is. I can't wait for it to rain on Thursday. We seriously need some relief from the pollen & the heat.

Awestfall, you're in my thoughts. I've been at a loss for words in response to the news you've shared with us. I'm so sorry.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Mari, an artist stuck in a cubicle does not seem ideal. What do you do for a living? Is this something you do while you are in college?

Cris, take an early preg. test so you can relax and move forward. I get really sick the minute I conceive(practically the minute) But I think if you can just find out you will be able to just relax. I am so glad I do not have to worry anymore. My father in law asked me if I was getting my tubes tied by the 4 th baby. I said to him "no I am having Ron fixed." :devil: My husband hates it when I tell this story because he says he is not a dog. I know that but How dare my fil even mention my fallopian tubes. Anyways my husband is no longer able to have children so neither am I!!! * happy sigh*
  • cris20056
    Options
    Cris, I'd blame the change in weather plus you had a pretty stressful week last week, too. I've felt like crap the last couple of days, too, but I have TOM to blame on top of all the pollen & freaking ridiculous heat (93*F here today... :grumble:). The pollen is worse than I have *ever* seen it. There is a yellow smog everywhere you go. It's disgusting. It coats all the pavement & the grass & you can't even tell what color anyone's car is. I can't wait for it to rain on Thursday. We seriously need some relief from the pollen & the heat.

The pollen here (Baltimore) is high too, and Its supposed to be around 84 I think today? Have I mentioned how much I hate being hot? HATE HATE HATE IT!:explode:

I did tell a friend that I feel like everything that happened last week feels like it just hit me full force today because I am so worn out! So between allergies, hot hot weather, and utter exhaustion from lack of sleep and stress....hmm could def explain weight gain and lack of energy...now how do I make it go away? I hate this feeling
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Lol, Momma.

Ladies, I have changed my mini goals yet again. There are less than 8 weeks until my 26th birthday. And although I *know* this most recent fluctuation up is actually due to water retention from TOM and Easter, I'm getting paranoid. :laugh: I don't want to completely fail reaching a mini goal. So I thought about it, and I've realized that as long as I'm under 200 pounds by my birthday I'll be ecstatic. That gives me 8 weeks to lose 10 pounds from this morning or 7 pounds from last Friday morning. I should be able to do that. Hopefully I'll blow past it, but I'll be happy just to reach it.

When I was first making my mini goals back in October, I was hoping to be like 180 for my birthday. I thought I was being so realistic, too! Why not lose 90 pounds in 8.5 months? :laugh: And I know I was being a lot more realistic than a lot of people trying to lose weight. No wonder people get so discouraged.
  • Momma2four
    Options
    littlespy, I think your mini goals are reasonable. I know you can do it. You have been so consistant and you are young. I think being under 30 helps so much on the whole metabolism thing. You are wise to get rid of this excess before then. Good for you!!!!!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Awestfall: I can't even imagine what you and your community are going through right now. My heart goes out to all of you.

Mari: I know what you mean about being slow at work. I'm pretty slow at work right now too, so I stalk this site. Trust me, I wish I were busy because it makes the day pass so much faster. Grrr.

Cris: I think a lot of people have just been feeling cruddy with weather changes and such. It sounds to me like you need some extra sleep and relaxation. Take some time to pamper yourself with a warm bath or some solitude to read. The pollen and heat where you and Littlespy are sounds terrible.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Lol, Momma.

Ladies, I have changed my mini goals yet again. There are less than 8 weeks until my 26th birthday. And although I *know* this most recent fluctuation up is actually due to water retention from TOM and Easter, I'm getting paranoid. :laugh: I don't want to completely fail reaching a mini goal. So I thought about it, and I've realized that as long as I'm under 200 pounds by my birthday I'll be ecstatic. That gives me 8 weeks to lose 10 pounds from this morning or 7 pounds from last Friday morning. I should be able to do that. Hopefully I'll blow past it, but I'll be happy just to reach it.

When I was first making my mini goals back in October, I was hoping to be like 180 for my birthday. I thought I was being so realistic, too! Why not lose 90 pounds in 8.5 months? :laugh: And I know I was being a lot more realistic than a lot of people trying to lose weight. No wonder people get so discouraged.

I also had to adjust my birthday goals. I wanted to be 175 by my 28th birthday, but I'm pretty sure I won't lose 15 lbs. in two and a half weeks! So, I've changed it to 185 lbs...five pounds in two and a half weeks sounds possible, once TOM is gone in a day or two. My biggest challenge is going to be not eating out.
  • MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mari, an artist stuck in a cubicle does not seem ideal. What do you do for a living? Is this something you do while you are in college?

Guh. Its got nice perks that I dont want to give up, like college is paid for so long as I stay and the 401k is REALLY good..they put in 10 percent even when I'm NOT contributing anything...which is amazing...but the management here is really messed up and IT is going on a power trip. They think limiting me this way will make me more productive when it just makes me even slower and more pissed off. Its not like I ever got work done late or not on time. Jerks. I make textures for 3D models for a simulation group. so basicly I manipulate and paint photos all day in photoshop...that is when I actualy have something to do...:grumble:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    That does sound nice. My husbands 401k matches what he puts in and I thought that was good. You are right some of the perks sound too good to give up. At least the job itself sounds artistic. Manipulating and painting pics. Hopefully, you will get some work to do today so you are not bored.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    The pollen and heat where you and Littlespy are sounds terrible.

Wow, I'm a full blown stalker today. :laugh:

Yeah. I can't believe the heat. It's the first week of April for crying out loud! 91*F yesterday, 93*F today, 91*F tomorrow. Hello, weather? Yeah, newsflash: It's not July yet, please give it a rest!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Mari, not that it will make you feel better, but I have NEVER worked anywhere IT WASN'T on a powertrip. And all the IT depts where I've ever worked have been unbelievably incompetant. I have literally had to tell an IT person what to do to solve a problem with my computer before (something I couldn't do myself because only an IT admin had permission get in the settings to do it...).

My bf is pretty awesome when it comes to computers. Not just saying this because he's my boyfriend, but he's a freaking genius. :tongue: And he can't get a job because every time he goes for an interview he intimidates the hiring manager. It never fails. I tell him to dumb himself down but then he comes out with "I couldn't be happy doing that job anyway." The fact that he knows more about IT than most hiring managers on top of the fact that he doesn't have a single certification or degree means he doesn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of being hired anywhere other than locally owned comp repair shops that can't afford to pay their ee's enough. And he'd be bored to near death doing that kind of work. Just because a person has degrees & certs doesn't mean they know what they're doing and just because a person doesn't have those things doesn't mean they don't know what they're doing... stupid career games.

Anyway, that's why you end up with a bunch of morons in IT departments (I've only worked for an international parcel delivery company as well as 2 state gov't agencies so I'm aware that's why my experience with IT depts has been so horrid).
  • Onederland
    Options
    I'm a huge TWEAKER (when it comes to my goals that is, rofl)
    I'm always making changes to my mini goals and my weekly exercise routine. But that's the great thing about goals, we can tweak them as often as we want to better suit our needs at that particular time. We can increase then or decrease them or completely eliminate them and write new ones...hehe

Chris...Ya wanna hear something funny...Before finding MFPs a few days ago, i had joined another weightloss support website thing....and in my introduction I made a very brief mention about my husband and how we met....and some woman went OFF on me, rofl.
    I mean this lady went on and on about how 17 year olds should NOT be getting married and how at least I had the good sense to wait a few years before having children. She wrote an entire post worth of 'not so pleasant' remarks in reply to my introduction message.

I kept thinking to myself "what is this woman smokin'?....:huh: a simple welcome to the group would have been good, :laugh: :tongue:
    Well, needless to say I bolted a few days later and thankfully found MFP's. I did leave a reply for this woman though before leaving, lol....and kinda stirred things up a little more by telling her that not only was I 17 years old, but my new husband was WAYYYYY older than me, by 7 years. I'm sure she flipped out after learning that I was robbed from the cradle :noway: ...haha

I'm finishing up my morning cups of 'mojo' then i'm gonna have my breakfast and do my 'wii' thing for the day.
    ttys :bigsmile:
  • cris20056
    Options
    Yeah. I can't believe the heat. It's the first week of April for crying out loud! 91*F yesterday, 93*F today, 91*F tomorrow. Hello, weather? Yeah, newsflash: It's not July yet, please give it a rest!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ROFL :laugh: :laugh: amen sister!

Momma- I dont think Im preggo I just dont even want to think of that as a possiblity right now! Plus we havent been getting it on too much, but hey it only takes once huh? :blushing:

Ditto on being in stalking mode, its sooo slow here too, I work in freight forwarding and its been slow for about a year now. Im just happy to HAVE a job!

onderland- LOL about the crazy lady!! My fiance is 6 years older than me so I dont think its a big deal! To each their own, all that matters is if you have mutal love and respect for each other, so many people get married at a more mature age and they cant make it work so who is she to judge you? Kudos to you for standing up to her! I probably would have gone off on her and dropped a couple of f bombs followed by even stronger profanity :wink:

On the mini goal issue- My ultimate short term goal is to be 200 by our 6 year anniversary on June 30. So it just happened that it was about 10lbs a month to accomplish that so thats what I made my minigoals. I am kind of ahead by a month and I thought about switching my mini goals but then I figured I would hit some kind of wall that would delay the process so I left it alone. And lo and behold my wall has arrived! I am not too mad because I know its totally possible to be 200 by June 30 :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Wow, Onderland! People are ridiculous. :laugh:

I get a lot of strange looks, too. I moved out when I was 17 & still in highschool & paid my bills & went to school. It was no big deal! Then I moved down here & worked full time & went to college. I guess people flip out because a lot of people my age are still living at home with their parents, whereas I've been a homeowner for 7 years. :laugh: I've never been very good at going with the flow or being dependent on others. :wink: I don't get why it's so shocking.
    I've even had someone come to my door & when I answered they asked me if my parents were home. :noway: :laugh: "Well, I don't know if they are... I can call them... at their houses... Several hundred miles away.. to check, if you really want me to." :laugh:
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You girls are busy this morning. I am going to make today a great day. Momma please give me some of your cleaning motivation. You get extra credit for cleaning the ceiling too!!! Spring cleaning has me getting some done but is doesn't stay tidy, I know that is part of having a family.

awestfall: this brings back memories from a few years ago when the Crandall Canyon mine collapsed in Utah. It is heart wrenching to everyone, I hate feeling so helpless to those who lose a family member. Does your husband work in the mine?

littlespy: heat wave and pollen for you and fresh snow overnight for us. CRAZY!

Hope everyone not feeling your best gets feeling better quickly.

Keep on shrinking those tushies! Have a great day.

Oh ya, mstahl: I must have missed it. Is this training for a new job? What job did you take?

Jess: way to be strong with having junk food ready to sabotage at any time.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    my allergeis are in full swing...its soo windy here i think that is causing them to be worse making all the stuff floating all around me. I have taken allegra in the past, but with my ins it is like 40 $$ and i am out of rx's too...I decided to try some generic claritin, we will see how it works.

my goal today is to drink all my water!! my scale is not nice, i know it is water weight from the crap i ate this weekend (i am up like 8 lbs and i know i didn't eat that many extra cals), hopefully flushing some of it out will make me feel better.

I had set a birthday goal that i know there is no way i can get to now :sad: Since it is in 12 days and as of my weight this morning that would be like 15lbs in 12 days....at this point i really would like to be under 280 by then, hopefully all this is water weight and i can meeet that.

I was frustrated this weekend , cause it was beautiful and i was going to wear some shorts or capris for easter...i have loads of 24's i tried like at least 6 or 7 pairs, some fit but were snug and some almost fit (now given this is much better than a year ago where i couldn't even get them pulled up or close to buttoning, like 10 more bls and i know i can wear them(or at least i think so )., so i foud these pairs of 26's capris', but they were meant to be more like leggings , but like jean material, they weren't really fit tight looked more like just jeans capris, anyway....my mom husband asked if had lost weight,(that is unlike him or really any man i guess), they said i looked like i lost weight...it is always nice to hear even if you don't think you look that different.