Why don't women pay for dates?

Options

Replies

• Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I expect men to open doors, pay AND put out.

I'm high maintenance like that.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I'm not just talking about dates. If I buy a friend a coffee, I at least expect some hand stuff. It's called manners people.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not just talking about dates. If I buy a friend a coffee, I at least expect some hand stuff. It's called manners people.

ERsSj.gif

You're my new favourite...
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always pay if I ask her out. Not sure why but I don't mind iether.
    Don't mind is she would pay tho :D

Kinda being a gentlemen also I guess. Take her coat , Stand up is she stands up or comes back , open the door for her ,those kind of things.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Wow. I'm gonna start upping my expectations. I gotta get some kind of action lol.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    I always pay if I ask her out. Not sure why but I don't mind iether.
    Don't mind is she would pay tho :D

Kinda being a gentlemen also I guess. Take her coat , Stand up is she stands up or comes back , open the door for her ,those kind of things.
    Oh yes... You had me at opening the door.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Because some feel they can get away with it.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Trolls
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    It is an overt reaction to female genetic transformations caused by transforming endeavors within the context of overt feminism. These corrupt and unrespectable behavioral mannerisms are largely due to the societal influences of dramatic feminist viewpoints pushed out by radical feminine regimes that aim to take away historically better behaviors between man and women.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Do men really still take your coat and open the doors? I mean AFTER first dates??? I have been missing out if so.
  • Blair_Waldorf
    Blair_Waldorf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Because that is the minimal fee men have to pay to be graced with my presence. DUH.

But in all seriousness...

Even though you're a troll I'm going to humor you only because we just talked about this in my sociology class and I feel like sharing haha.

To put it simply, it's the same reason male peacocks try to attract females by showing off their feathers. On top of that, in our culture, whether we like it or not, Men are seen as the "providers". When they take women on a date they are showing their ability to provide.

Perhaps it's not fair but it's also not fair that a man will make more money than a woman in the same position. So stop complaining about paying for my chicken pot pie!!

:laugh: Hahaha! I love your last sentence! And I agree with everything you said too :smile:
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    never
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I go out, I pay. That is because I make a lot more money than him and I want to go out. When my husband and I go out, he pays for the same reason.... :smokin:
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    MMMM... I work , I pay my own bills.... mmmm I can hire someone to fix my car and mow my lawn... pay for my own meal... I think I would rather eat alone. If I need someone to take care of I can get a puppy. Less stress.

Seriously though. My husband and I both work. And he works really hard and provides for our family. I look up to him for that. Making the woman pay puts you in a less of a provider light and her in a shmuck light.
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options

When I am nearby i will hold the door open for you then :)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    When my boyfriend and I go out, I pay. That is because I make a lot more money than him and I want to go out. When my husband and I go out, he pays for the same reason.... :smokin:

:frown: You're underpaying your pool boy!
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    @Beth. Go on with your bad self!

Because we pay for makeup, hair color, waxing, lacy undergarments, manicures, pedicures, birth control, etc etc and are broke.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options

When I am nearby i will hold the door open for you then :)
    Aww! :blushing: Oh wait..you're pretty dang far away lol. That won't be working out. Sweet thought though, thanks!
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    never
    I saw what you wrote! You're not such a big jerk afterall. Aww!!! Lmao
  • turtlefitnessdad
    Options
    never
    I saw what you wrote! You're not such a big jerk afterall. Aww!!! Lmao

dang it, i did not want to ruin my rep!!!