Why don't women pay for dates?

Options

Replies

• lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    TROLL.jpg

Oh and:
    Do men really still take your coat and open the doors? I mean AFTER first dates??? I have been missing out if so.

My other half still opens the door for me after 6 years together. It's only so that he can grab my behind when I walk past him, but it's the thought that counts, right? :happy:
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hey i'm happy to pay, it is after all part of societal norms and these norms can change.

as long as you are happy to do all the duties we women are 'supposed to do'. look after the kids, cook, clean etc etc. the typical *kitten*.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    troll.png
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    hahaha uhm, maybe you shouldn't whine about it and just be glad you have a date??? I mean really -- you don't want to pay -- then don't take a girl out on a date??

BUT, on the flip side, maybe its the women your dating because I've paid for plenty of dates, went dutch and of course have been taken out.
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    In MY world, if you do the asking, you do the paying. This applies to men and women.
    I'm sure some will argue that this comes down to an 'owership' or 'entitlement' issue further down the road, "Because he paid for dinner and movie, I feel like I must pay him back in some way, ie: with sex."
    I say if you can't have a relationship without feeling entitled to a reward to even feeling like you shouldn't pay because you're a woman, then you need to not have relationships.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I like to pay when my wife and I go out ( joint accounts so it really doesn't matter ), it makes me feel all powerful and stuff...plus I can asked to be "reimbursed" later.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    they will do as they are told
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    they will do as they are told

or they get the hose again.
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    ok its not all women that dont pay my friend used to pay for everything with this guy she is with fuel £100 to pick him up and take him home because he didnt drive the first few times he didnt offer her any money for the fuel then she paid for his food and every thing when they went out.

in respect to your question if a man wants to take you out then he will accept that he has offered to pay for everything while your out by him asking you to go out. i would offer to pay for half. and i wouldnt mind that!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My first real girlfriend used to pick up the check half the time and neither of us made a big deal of it or thought it weird... and that was in 1970. You mean they aren't doing that anymore?
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i will pay...........see....................i have proof..................

candlight_mcdonalds450.jpg
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I go out with my husband, he pays(using our joint account). And I don't mind since it doesn't really matter. We both know that we're equals. When we go out with friends, I let him pay since it makes him feel better and I don't have to carry a vallet :)

When we were dating, we both payed!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    i've lived in some extraordinarily conservative places in the US and still had women buy me drinks or take me to dinner and pay for everything. so yes, they do pay for dinner.
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    i will pay...........see....................i have proof..................

candlight_mcdonalds450.jpg

at least pour the drink into a glass
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I pay for dates. I buy them from the supermarket. Dates are great. I always pay for them, otherwise that would be shoplifting.

Dates1.jpg
  • ApexLeader
    Options
    Do men really still take your coat and open the doors? I mean AFTER first dates??? I have been missing out if so.

uhh, yeah. that's called basic etiquette
  • BlackField2
    Options
    The reason why women don't pay for dates is pretty simple, they don't have to. Seriously, if some schmuck came up to me and offered to buy me dinner I'd take it.
  • 73Freckles
    73Freckles Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    (pulls up a chair)

can't......stop.....laughing!!!
  • 73Freckles
    Options
    you get what you pay for and honey if you ain't payin' for it then you ain't gettin' it!!
  • 73Freckles
    Options
    I pay for dates. I buy them from the supermarket. Dates are great. I always pay for them, otherwise that would be shoplifting.

Dates1.jpg

Mmmmm.....stuff mine with cheese, wrap 'em in bacon and i'm yours forever!!! lol