The brave and the human

Options

Replies

• karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am going to post something a little bit different. It may gross some people out, or maybe it won´t. A few year ago, I started to get bumps on my thighs, and it was only mid-last year I learned they were infected hair follicles, and because they were not properly diagnosed or treated right away (the first doctor I saw thought it was HPV) I will have these scars probably forever (I am saving up to get laser hair removal and scar treatment). So, this picture horrifies me to post, but I wanted to post it anyway. All I can see are those nasty bumps and it makes me wonder, even when I do lose weight, if they are still there, I won´t be happy. I know I am not thin and shouldn´t be posting underwear pictures but it´s the only way to show them. I have stretch marks and some dents which I guess is cellulite. Nerve racking to post this.
    This board is awesome, thanks OP and you are all so beautiul :)

f9d3782f-f9a6-4125-9210-31b1c8bb87b3_zps07301d38.jpg
    I am not ready to post the full body shot. And yes, I need to shave. Shutty.

So... I feel your pain, but in a slightly different way.
    I don't have smoooooooth legs.. I get the bumps too from hair follicles that don't always come in as desired. I have mitigated some of that by trying to do a quick shave in the shower every morning (use conditioner - super fast, rarely nicks, and cheap like borscht).

My bigger problem is my scars.

I live in MOSQUITO LAND... my god these creatures carry you off in the summer. I react to their bites, and by mid summer my legs are a mess of bumps in various stages of healing. By fall, my legs are covered in scars. I've struggled with it all my life and nothing helps it. I tend to wear pants even when it's hot because I am ashamed of people asking me what is wrong with my legs.

So, together, we have to find a way to stop caring and smile through it. :-D

At least know you are not alone!

This is why I posted. I thought maybe some others were going through the same, or similar, situations. It sucks but I know what we can get through it. We ain´t our skin, not even our lumps and bumps - it´s all in the inside. Yes we are here to lose weight, but maybe in more way than one for some of us :)
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You all are so beautiful, brave and inspiring!

Here's mine. I will never, ever ever wear tank tops because of my linebacker's shoulders. But I will wear them under things so I can try to hide the "muffin top" that my stomach always has, even though these jeans are quite loose. I also never go without makeup because my skin looks like a 14 year old's thanks to my PCOS.

f6c98d84-d3f6-4f12-9adb-b320e59c0497.jpg
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    285513_10150275840726112_5845682_n.jpg

This picture is from a year and a half ago, the summer of 2011. I had just gotten engaged to my fiancee (who is now my ex, but we're very good friends) and we went to this awesome local creamery to have some hideously gigantic sundaes. I hate this picture, but it was a good night and a wonderful week for me.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    You all are so beautiful, brave and inspiring!

Here's mine. I will never, ever ever wear tank tops because of my linebacker's shoulders. But I will wear them under things so I can try to hide the "muffin top" that my stomach always has, even though these jeans are quite loose. I also never go without makeup because my skin looks like a 14 year old's thanks to my PCOS.

f6c98d84-d3f6-4f12-9adb-b320e59c0497.jpg

I am a tank top lover... I live in tank tops... and YOU TOTALLY ROCK THE ONE IN THIS PIC!

There is NOTHING wrong with your shoulders! Nothing at all! :) In fact, I think the wide band tank looks very flattering on you!
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

This is why I posted. I thought maybe some others were going through the same, or similar, situations. It sucks but I know what we can get through it. We ain´t our skin, not even our lumps and bumps - it´s all in the inside. Yes we are here to lose weight, but maybe in more way than one for some of us :)

I have them too! Solidarity, sister!
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Hooray for this thread! Here's one that I've often considered deleting from FB. Like EVERY DAMN DAY! I hate it so much.

And the thing is I had a blast at this party! Look how happy I am!

blehhhhhh.jpg

Also, sorry for the boobage.

You are gorgeous!!! Don't delete that pic, it's fabulous :heart:
  • Ramberta
    Options
    Fulllengthpic.jpg

I hope this works.....

I HATE this picture..... All I see is "I'm so fat I busted the seam in my costume..." Ugh. :cry: And of course, I would only wear a costume that covered almost ALL of me. This was Halloween 2010, at almost my largest. I was probably pushing 200 lbs at this point.
    And that seam busted really early in the night. Probably when I was driving to the party. I borrowed a safety pin to keep it from being too obvious.... I was so embarrassed. :frown:

I have cottage cheese thighs and butt so I never wear shorts. Seriously. The last time I wore shorts in the summer was probably 2006.
    I have rolls and dimples galore. Ugh. Better now.... but back then, I wanted to hide all the time.

ETA: In picture, I have the hand on the stomach to "hold it in". hahaha

You look amazing :) I love the costume! But I know how it goes to 'bust out' of things. The dress I've worn to the Renaissance Fair 3 years running now almost split open on me the first year, cuz I barely fit into it! This year I'm hoping that it'll hang off me so much that I'll just have to get a new one :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. I see a bunch of brave people being REAL and that is SO beautiful to me :)
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    This is an absolutely amazing thread and one of the most positive I've seen. Thank you OP for starting this. I can't post pics right now, but I will certainly do so later when I'm at home. :heart:
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I am going to post something a little bit different. It may gross some people out, or maybe it won´t. A few year ago, I started to get bumps on my thighs, and it was only mid-last year I learned they were infected hair follicles, and because they were not properly diagnosed or treated right away (the first doctor I saw thought it was HPV) I will have these scars probably forever (I am saving up to get laser hair removal and scar treatment). So, this picture horrifies me to post, but I wanted to post it anyway. All I can see are those nasty bumps and it makes me wonder, even when I do lose weight, if they are still there, I won´t be happy. I know I am not thin and shouldn´t be posting underwear pictures but it´s the only way to show them. I have stretch marks and some dents which I guess is cellulite. Nerve racking to post this.
    This board is awesome, thanks OP and you are all so beautiul :)

f9d3782f-f9a6-4125-9210-31b1c8bb87b3_zps07301d38.jpg
    I am not ready to post the full body shot. And yes, I need to shave. Shutty.

Maybe try some tend skin for ingrown hairs. European Wax Center also sells products to exfoliate. A lot of people who wax get ingrown hairs, and there are lots of products on the market to prevent or reduce the number of them. I bet if you bought a product with alpha hydroxy acids, it also might help with exfoliation and to get rid of those scars over time. Don't worry, they aren't permanent.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. It is by far the best one I have ever come across on here. Thank you Mirey & everyone who posted. You are all beautiful, inside and out. Mirey, you are amazing.

PS: I have no idea how to post pics on here.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Ok, I said I would come back and post. Tried last night but wouldn't let me.

I really hate my smile, it's crooked, makes my nose look huge, and shows the bags under my eyes.
    165c6215-6e67-4ce9-b2f8-4d7967d0788d_zpsc7060313.jpg

And this one just shows how big I allowed myself to get, never showed this one to anyone. Surprised I even kept it.
    899de233-59af-4550-86ac-6c53e03a7a62_zpsa04c25d7.jpg
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Ok, I said I would come back and post. Tried last night but wouldn't let me.

I really hate my smile, it's crooked, makes my nose look huge, and shows the bags under my eyes.
    165c6215-6e67-4ce9-b2f8-4d7967d0788d_zpsc7060313.jpg

And this one just shows how big I allowed myself to get, never showed this one to anyone. Surprised I even kept it.
    899de233-59af-4550-86ac-6c53e03a7a62_zpsa04c25d7.jpg

I think you have a beautiful smile. My neighbor's daughter (who is standing beside me) says you have beautiful hair and teeth (she is 6). Either picture, that beauty shines through... and don't hate me for saying this, but in some ways, I like the second pic more - I think it's because I can see more of your face - and you have such amazing features!

I think you are stunning! (And crap your profile pic is phenomenal!)

ETA: You are 43 years old!?!?! *jaw drops* I NEVER would have guessed that!!!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    285513_10150275840726112_5845682_n.jpg

This picture is from a year and a half ago, the summer of 2011. I had just gotten engaged to my fiancee (who is now my ex, but we're very good friends) and we went to this awesome local creamery to have some hideously gigantic sundaes. I hate this picture, but it was a good night and a wonderful week for me.

I am sorry I missed this one! It certainly wasn't intentional!

When I look at this picture... the first thing I see is how happy you are! The smile and laugh and eyes, you radiate joy! (Well of course you'd just gotten engaged! How sweet is that!). That color is also one that is amazing on you (and also my fav :smile: )

WOW do I now want some ice cream! mmmm
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Gonna bump once... then let it go :)

Thank you to all who posted... and to those who came, read, maybe shed a happy tear, and left just a liiiiiiittle more confident than they were before...

Cheers to you all!:drinker:
  • camiah
    camiah Posts: 146
    Options
    Here is my fat photo. Well, one of many. My brother and his family came to visit us about a year and a half ago. They posted photos on their FB. I quickly untagged myself in every photo of me so that as few people as possible saw how awful I looked. This photo is typical--the huge arms, massive thighs, the droopy breasts, the belly, the chipmunk cheeks. It is so hard for me to look past those features and see anything positive.

8544128269_9a1a83359a.jpg
    fat photo by Camiah, on Flickr

I think I'm fatter now than I was in this photo. I don't see myself like this in real life. Photos always horrify me and make me want to cry.
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    Here is my fat photo. Well, one of many. My brother and his family came to visit us about a year and a half ago. They posted photos on their FB. I quickly untagged myself in every photo of me so that as few people as possible saw how awful I looked. This photo is typical--the huge arms, massive thighs, the droopy breasts, the belly, the chipmunk cheeks. It is so hard for me to look past those features and see anything positive.

8544128269_9a1a83359a.jpg
    fat photo by Camiah, on Flickr

I think I'm fatter now than I was in this photo. I don't see myself like this in real life. Photos always horrify me and make me want to cry.

Firstly, thank you so much for sharing!

When I look at this picture, I do not see "huge arms, massive thighs, the droopy breasts, the belly, the chipmunk cheeks".

I see a brilliant smile, a hapy woman, and honey... I don't think you look huge at all! NOT HUGE!!!
    You may not have been where you wanted to be in terms of shape or size, but you are still so very beautiful!

Add that adorable little boy, and the cool furniture, and I totally love this pic!

But my goodness, look at that gorgeous smile! I think your facial structure is PERFECT - YOU DO NOT HAVE CHIPMUNK CHEEKS!

*Hugs* there is no need to feel like you want to cry, hun... no need at all.
  • karmahunger
    karmahunger Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I bought glycolic acid lotion. I'll post comparison pics soon :)
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    I bought glycolic acid lotion. I'll post comparison pics soon :)

*crossing fingers for ya hun!!*