Is bread generally fattening?

Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    There you have it folks. Listen to the member above and. Eat white bread, eat white rice, eat white potatoes and be healthy, lean and sexy. Thanks for sharing. The world will be a much better place now that members are armed with your info.

You're welcome.
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    There you have it folks. Listen to the member above and. Eat white bread, eat white rice, eat white potatoes and be healthy, lean and sexy. Thanks for sharing. The world will be a much better place now that members are armed with your info.

You're welcome.
    Mean!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    As usual in these scaremongering threads - plenty of people who completely ignore context and dosage.

Without enough water, you will dehydrate and die.
    With sufficient water, you will survive and prosper.
    With too much water, you will suffer from hyponatremia and possibly die.

Death is the consequence in 2 out of 3 scenarios involving water. Therefore, water is highly dangerous, leads to death in the majority of situations and should be avoided entirely. Never mind the flipside that the body actually requires adequate levels to survive.
  • SideSteel
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

Saying "You're welcome" is mean?

Oh, I GET IT!

We must be in backwards land, because you think white foods are fattening and you also think "You're welcome" is mean.

I'm sorry, I'll play along next time.
  • Sunny____
    Options
    You have a six pack. Can I see your diary to see how you eat "plenty of high GI foods" as you claim?
  • Sunny____
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

No not that part.
  • Sunny____
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

Oh, I GET IT!

We must be in backwards land, because you think white foods are fattening and you also think "You're welcome" is mean.

I didn't say that, you did. I am actually a really sweet person. I want to see your diary to see all of the "high GI foods" you just claimed you eat PLENTY of. You have a 6 pack I see that. I always heard abs were made in the kitchen. I am going to eat more high GI foods if this is your diet as you claim.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    You have a six pack. Can I see your diary to see how you eat "plenty of high GI foods" as you claim?

I got to chime in that I got him hooked on Krave Double chocolate cereal and Reese's Puff's.... My Bad...... :drinker:
  • Sunny____
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!
    I call your bluff!

Oh, I GET IT!

• SideSteel
    Options

I got to chime in that I got him hooked on Krave Double chocolate cereal and Reese's Puff's.... My Bad...... :drinker:

^ This stuff is excellent.
  • Sunny____
    Options

You're welcome.

Come on, let me see it.
  • Sunny____
    Options

Don't be shy. . .show me.
  • SideSteel
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

Oh, I GET IT!

I didn't say that, you did. I am actually a really sweet person. I want to see your diary to see all of the "high GI foods" you just claimed you eat PLENTY of. You have a 6 pack I see that. I always heard abs were made in the kitchen. I am going to eat more high GI foods if this is your diet as you claim.

The individual food sources are not relevant.

In order of importance:

Calories
    Macronutrients (sufficient protein and dietary fat, enough carbs to meet preferential and performance needs)
    Micronutrients (Eating crap all day may lead you to nutrient deficiencies)

How you compose your diet as far as individual food items leaves you with a whole lot of personal preference.

Please (seriously) read the linked thread that I attached on glycemic index. It's a great write up and it contains the necessary research to point out the flaws in the GI index.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    no, just the amount you shovel into your mouth and at the rate at which the shovel is inserted with said bread.
  • Sunny____
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

Oh, I GET IT!

In order of importance:

Calories
    Macronutrients (sufficient protein and dietary fat, enough carbs to meet preferential and performance needs)

How you compose your diet as far as individual food items leaves you with a whole lot of personal preference.

Please (seriously) read the linked thread that I attached on glycemic index. It's a great write up and it contains the necessary research to point out the flaws in the GI index.
    I put micronutrients first. Macros are second.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
  • SideSteel
    Options

That's what I thought. You are full of **** and telling these people here something which can kill them.

I have presented you with information that is research based and well documented. You are more interested in my own dietary choices then you are in learning, for some reason.

I wish you no ill-will here, but I think you should consider actually reading what I posted. You may benefit from it.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought. You are full of **** and telling these people here something which can kill them.

JFC, exaggerate much?
  • SideSteel
    Options

You're welcome.
    Mean!

Oh, I GET IT!

In order of importance:

Calories

I put micronutrients first. Macros are second.

They are both important, I was strictly speaking about fat loss/getting a 6 pack.

Generally speaking (this is very vague)

Calories ---> Change in weight.
    Macronutrients ---> Change in body composition
    Micronutrients ---> Health

And there is some minor overlap but that's a broad categorization as a general tool for people.

Food selection can vary quite heavily and still produce excellent results.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

He may have you on ignore. Either way, not everyone will snap to attention and do as you want right then. Maybe you could have sent a PM to ask nicely. He has given a lot of good information, in this thread and in many others...especially in the Eat, Train, Progress. He and Sara take the time out of their days, for free, to help many.

And if he doesn't want to make his diary public, so be it. That doesn't negate the info that he presented.