Is bread generally fattening?

Options

Replies

• Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    Everyone should watch the documentary "Hungry for Change."

It does a great job of explaining what processed foods and artificial sweeteners do to the body.

It also explains how people's 'hunger pains' are from a of lack of micros, and not macros.
    This is very similar to the Dr. Joel Fuhrman program I keep talking about and it makes sense. I am trying to adopt it. I believe in it and have had good results with the sampling I have done with it.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    The reason I wanted to see your diary is bc you said you eat a lot of GI foods. I don't understand how you can have the body you do and eat a lot of GI foods. I didn't believe you, but maybe you do.

for someone who doesn't have her own diary open, you're awfully obsessed with seeing other's diaries.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Check out the Wheat Belly facebook page also. 44,000 fans.

Justin Bieber also has a lot of fans. How on earth does number of facebook fans have any relevance here.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    This is very similar to the Dr. Joel Fuhrman program I keep talking about and it makes sense. I am trying to adopt it. I believe in it and have had good results with the sampling I have done with it.
    Got it. You prefer junk science from a discredited quack physician with an overt agenda over peer-reviewed scientific studies. SideSteel has provided solid advice backed by science and even given you the links to the research so you could educate yourself. If you prefer to cling to dogma and pseudoscience, good luck with your program. Just know that what you believe is incorrect and not based upon fact.
  • Sunny____
    Options
    Got it. You prefer junk science from a discredited quack physician with an overt agenda over peer-reviewed scientific studies. SideSteel has provided solid advice backed by science and even given you the links to the research so you could educate yourself. If you prefer to cling to dogma and pseudoscience, good luck with your program. Just know that what you believe is incorrect and not based upon fact.
    The program said to eat a lot of veggies and fruits, where most of your diet is from the veggies. To get fat from avocados and nuts. To eat light dairy and light oil. To eat more fish than chicken and eggs. To avoid beef for the most part. To eat legumes before chicken and eggs. To make your own salad dressing from fruits and nuts. To avoid processed foods. He said when choosing fruits and veggies that some rank higher than others on a scale and to choose say kale over cauliflower. An apple above other fruits. And you think this is quacky? I am confused you call this diet, "junky".

Sidesteel said he eats, "plenty of GI foods" and ice cream before bed during cutting. I can't do that. I also can't read yet another MFP thread where a bunch of mostly-non-experts argue and attack one another such as we see going on here. I don't have time to weed through all of that. I am sorry you think I like quacks, but I do have to follow the diet I described above by the doctor. Thanks for your concern though. I can't find anything that I don't like about it. I will splurge on occasion, probably once a week or once every two weeks. I like wine, I love pizza, I love Mexican food. Sushi rocks, but mainly, yes I will follow Dr. Fuhrman's plan as described above. I am sorry you think the diet I described above is wrong. I am sorry you think it is not based on fact. I believe it is.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I hope the actual OP with the original question actually got their question answered.
  • Sunny____
    Options
    I hope the actual OP with the original question actually got their question answered.
    I am sure she has a lot of food for thought here. Like all other threads, there is always contradicting information, but it is grounds for research to prove or disprove comments.
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The Wheat Belly facebook page is a great page to get help when you need it about living without wheat and modern grains. The 44,000 fans is not to boast as to the number. It is to clarify as there are many others like it. This one (the one with 44,000 actually is moderated by the book author, Dr. William Davis. He posts as he can and answers questions. Go to a different page and who knows what you will find.

Lisa
  • sunnylv
    Options
    Check out the Wheat Belly facebook page also. 44,000 fans.

Justin Bieber also has a lot of fans. How on earth does number of facebook fans have any relevance here.

This is to clarify and help you get to the right page if you really want to go to the wheat belly facebook page. There are others which are fan pages. The page with 44,000 is moderated by Dr. William Davis, the Wheat Belly book author. He answers questions as he can.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Fuhrman is a quack like Oz. I bought the book and it's going in the bin.
  • sunnylv
    Options
    Yes, bread is fattening. It is the worst thing you can eat. Google Paleo, Wheat Belly, William Davis, MD. Mark Sisson, Jay Robb, Gary Taubes, Robert Lustig, Tom McNaughten, and others who will give you scientific studies which reveal that modern wheat is causing inflammation, obesity, diabetes, and other modern diseases. Your choice: Enjoy bread now and pay for it later. Or eat whole foods and be healthy.

Do the research yourself. Read the studies. Try this for two weeks. Send me a message. You will soon be hearing much more about the dangers of modern wheat.

Lisa
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    christ, it never ends
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Food isn't fattening.

EATING TOO MUCH FOOD IS FATTENING.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I love Fuhrman. I think his plan is great. How can you argue with clean eating?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I don't ever agree with arbitrarily excluding any food or food group from one's diet, absent any medical issues requiring it. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. "Clean eating" is a vague, undefinable phrase which means many things to different people. Ask an omnivore what "clean eating" means, then ask the same question of a pescatarian. Then ask a vegan, and maybe throw in a paleo dieter for good measure. I'll guarantee you that each of their definitions of "clean eating" will differ markedly.

Bread is not "unclean". It's not a "no-no" food. It doesn't magically cause weight gain, absent a caloric surplus (and the same can be said of any other food/food group). Anybody who says otherwise is sadly deluded and has no idea what they're talking about.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I don't ever agree with arbitrarily excluding any food or food group from one's diet, absent any medical issues requiring it. It's ridiculous and completely unnecessary. "Clean eating" is a vague, undefinable phrase which means many things to different people. Ask an omnivore what "clean eating" means, then ask the same question of a pescatarian. Then ask a vegan, and maybe throw in a paleo dieter for good measure. I'll guarantee you that each of their definitions of "clean eating" will differ markedly.

Bread is not "unclean". It's not a "no-no" food. It doesn't magically cause weight gain, absent a caloric surplus (and the same can be said of any other food/food group). Anybody who says otherwise is sadly deluded and has no idea what they're talking about.
    No processed food is all this diet means. And I think of all the groups above, that is one thing they all will agree on.

Bread is a processed food.
  • mockchoc
    Options

Because if I have to eat how he told me to eat I'd rather be dead. How bloody boring! We only live once so why eat like a rabbit for the whole time?
  • taso42
    Options

No processed food is all this diet means. And I think of all the groups above, that is one thing they all will agree on.

bread is a processed food. ok.

and water is wet.

fantastic.
  • mockchoc
    Options

and water is wet.

fantastic.

Please be careful of the water especially if they put it in a bottle.
  • taso42
    Options

and water is wet.

fantastic.

Please be careful of the water especially if they put it in a bottle.

bottled water is a processed food and will make you gain weight.