Is bread generally fattening?

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Individual food items are not inherently lipogenic on their own.

science:love:
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I believe bread is fattening bc of the way the body processes it. The package will say low fat and low sugar, but it processes in the body as a sugar. That is what makes if fattening. If you must eat bread or english muffins or wraps, etc chose Ezekiel bread. It is considered a protein by the body (equivalent to an egg) according to the package and has several amino acids in it (can't recall how many without looking it up). It is sold in the health food stores.

Just a tip, I noticed it does best when kept in the freezer, otherwise it spoils really fast. It's YUMMO!

^This^ Except I make Oopsie bread instead of Ezekiel bread. I'm a big low carber :)
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I believe bread is fattening bc of the way the body processes it. The package will say low fat and low sugar, but it processes in the body as a sugar. That is what makes if fattening. If you must eat bread or english muffins or wraps, etc chose Ezekiel bread. It is considered a protein by the body (equivalent to an egg) according to the package and has several amino acids in it (can't recall how many without looking it up). It is sold in the health food stores.

Just a tip, I noticed it does best when kept in the freezer, otherwise it spoils really fast. It's YUMMO!

^This^ Except I make Oopsie bread instead of Ezekiel bread. I'm a big low carber :)

3 large eggs (separated)
    3 oz. cream cheese
    dash of salt
    pinch of cream of tartar
    1 packet of stevia

Directions
    separate eggs into 2 bowls, beat egg whites first to stiff peaks, beat yolks, cream cheese and other ingredients together, fold in egg white, mound and separate mixture on a cookie sheet into 5 mounds, bake at 300 degrees til golden brown

Serving Size: makes 5 cakes
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I BLAST THROUGH MAMMOTH PILES OF BREAD DAILY BROSEPH. BREAD WILL ROCK YOUR FACE OFF. BREAD WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY GUITAR AND THEN FORM A BAND WITH YOU BUT THEN BREAK UP THE BAND BECAUSE OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROBLEMS. LATER, BREAD WILL GET BACK TOGETHER WITH YOU FOR A REUNION SHOW AND A VH1 SPECIAL AND IT WILL BE LIKE YOU NEVER BROKE UP. BREAD WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO CHANGE YOUR BRAKE PADS AND ROTORS AND WILL TOTALLY NOT EVEN CHARGE YOU ANYTHING EVEN THOUGH YOU DIDN'T BRING IT'S FAVORITE KIND OF BEER TO GIVE IT BECAUSE YOU SAW SOMETHING CHEAPER. BREAD WILL JUST SMILE AND SAY "THANKS BRO" BECAUSE IT'S HOT OUT EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT THE BREAD'S FAVORITE AND THE BREAD WILL ONLY RESENT IT A LITTLE BUT WILL TRY NOT TO LET IT SHOW BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD FRIEND. BREAD HAS MANY SPIRITUAL BENEFITS. ONE TIME I ATE THREE LOAVES OF MULTI-GRAIN, CRACKED OAT, STONE-GROUND, ORGANIC, FLAX SEED, OMEGA 3/6/9, CHIA BLASTED WHEAT AND I DISAPPEARED INTO THE DESERT. WHEN I CAME OUT OF THE DESERT TWO WEEKS LATER, I WAS ACCOMPANIED BY A MOTLEY ASSORTMENT OF LOVEABLE BUT MISUNDERSTOOD CREATURES OF THE DESERT. I SPOKE TO THEM IN PARABLES BEFORE SENDING THEM OUT INTO THE WORLD TO MAKE DISCIPLES OF OTHERS.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

3 large eggs (separated)
    3 oz. cream cheese
    dash of salt
    pinch of cream of tartar
    1 packet of stevia

Directions
    separate eggs into 2 bowls, beat egg whites first to stiff peaks, beat yolks, cream cheese and other ingredients together, fold in egg white, mound and separate mixture on a cookie sheet into 5 mounds, bake at 300 degrees til golden brown

That is not bread. :noway:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Biscuits are made with shortening(fat), and salt. Its not the wheat to worry about.

the issue isn't that it's fat, it's that it's partially hydrogenated vegetable oil.

For once, I don't actually disagree with you.....waits till he picks himself up off the floor......imo non partially hydrogenated shortening should be used...problem solved.

so there ARE some foods that are worse than others? :wink:

(not looking to fight, just joking with you)

Yep - pineapple.....that shi!t tastes nasty.

ETA: trans fats are the only one I would say (and have always said) should be avoided as much as possible (medical conditions and triggering foods aside of course)
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Individual food items are not inherently lipogenic on their own.

science:love:

tumblr_mh52imMP7o1qml74ao1_500.gif
  • emelia_
    emelia_ Posts: 91
    Options
    Nope. Fats don't make you fat, eating too many calories makes you gain weight.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For once, I don't actually disagree with you.....waits till he picks himself up off the floor......imo non partially hydrogenated shortening should be used...problem solved.
    [/quote]

so there ARE some foods that are worse than others? :wink:

(not looking to fight, just joking with you)
    [/quote]

Yep - pineapple.....that shi!t tastes nasty.

ETA: trans fats are the only one I would say (and have always said) should be avoided as much as possible (medical conditions and triggering foods aside of course)
    [/quote]

No Pineapple! How do you eat Ham.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.

^This. Just say no to Pineapples. Yuck. :P
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.

sorry y'all, i'll fight you to the death on this one too. pineapple pizza is the bomb. Hawaiian baby!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.

sorry y'all, i'll fight you to the death on this one too. pineapple pizza is the bomb. Hawaiian baby!

You know...not many people in Hawaii actually eat pineapple on their pizza....just saying...
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.

You know...not many people in Hawaii actually eat pineapple on their pizza....just saying...
    haha i'd believe that. just like taco bell is "mexican"
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yes.

If it's bread that is filled with whipped cream, dipped in egg yolk, and then deep fried.

Then it's fattening.

Sounds yummy, but it sounds more like shortcake than a biscuit.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

3 large eggs (separated)
    3 oz. cream cheese
    dash of salt
    pinch of cream of tartar
    1 packet of stevia

Directions

That is not bread. :noway:

That sounds really good, but yeah, that's not bread by any stretch of the imagination. It sounds like cream cheese flavored meringue cookies.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    With bread, of course.

And mayonnaise.

Pineapple is just about the tastiest best fruit out there. Ham glazed with pineapple and brown sugar is like heaven on a plate!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Pineapples have a special place in hell beside broccoli and cauliflower, well any brassica...
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'd be more concerned over the fact that you binged than what you ate.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Pineapples have a special place in hell beside broccoli and cauliflower, well any brassica...

Broccoli is awesome too! I'm with ya on the cauliflower though. That shiz is nasty.