Friends List envy?

Options
WinnerVictorious
WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
ok, serious thread this time...

do you ever look at your friends' walls and see people posting on there that you'd like to be friends with too, but to whom you have never sent a friend request?

if so, why not? are you waiting for them to initiate it? are you worried they might not accept your friend request? do you already have too many friends?

just curious.

i guess i do have a few people i'd like to be friends with that i haven't sent requests to. the only reason i can come up with is that i have about a 33% rejection rate for the 15 or 16 friend requests i've sent in my time here and i think if i sent a friend request and they rejected it, i guess i'd feel weird interacting with them on the forums in the future. i can't be the only one who doesn't send requests for that reason, can i?

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    due to nothing more than laziness on my part
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you, you are the only one.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Nah **** ain't that serious
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I don't send requests.

:smokin:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options

tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I send friend requests to people all the time when I like what they comment or post, that includes on my friends statuses. :)
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif

Story of your life I suppose
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Fear of rejection. Also I'm adding them slowly so as not to spook them.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Ehhh...if I find someone intriguing I will send one. No big deal either way though. I haven't came across anyone so creepy that I've rejected them yet.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Nah.

Most of us are grown adults..
  • MoJokes
    MoJokes Posts: 691
    Options
    Hi

I think for me its a matter of quality over quantity, a few good friends will suffice on here. Depends who much time you have.

When it comes to adding others I am a bit tentative as past experiences have shown that my personality is judged on many grounds, which i pretty offensive really as the person doesn't really know me.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I try not to be such a wuss personally.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Nah.

I beg to differ...have you seen some of the ridiculous rules some people have for FR??!
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I don't like to send FRs because if someone declines me I have to put them on my list, harass them, make them cry, make them sorry they ever declined me. It's just too much effort.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yes. Because of fear of rejection. There, i said it. The cool kids intimidate me.

Now let's all go back to thinking I'm cool. Kthanks.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Nah.

I beg to differ...have you seen some of the ridiculous rules some people have for FR??!

Haha...that!!!
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Well I really don't FR because of these threads now.

I said I'd bang every single one of you and it seems awkward now. It's like the 2 day rule.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't like to send FRs because if someone declines me I have to put them on my list, harass them, make them cry, make them sorry they ever declined me. It's just too much effort.

i may delete you so i can get harassed.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Fear of rejection runs deep...I blame it on my childhood full of abandonment, neglect, and of course....rejection. The internetz is a scary place. Hold me.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    I try not to be such a wuss personally.

If I find someone interesting, funny, intelligent, or I just think their smokin' hot and want to talk dirty to them, I don't see any reason not to FR them.

are you calling me a wuss?

yosemite_sam_mad.jpg