Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If I don't accept FR, I do reply with a reason. To me, not replying to an FR is incredibly rude.

Buahaha! I am incredibly rude then. I am rude to stange men who request me on the Internet because the 500 women on their FL certainly is not enough. :sad: I am surely going to hell.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You know, I've screwed up pretty bad IRL, but I made sure I ate mouthfuls of crow and apologized. Some chose to forgive, others didn't, but the important ones did. It makes a difference.

Totally in agreement with you if you behaved poorly. But I also think bad character is something you don't forgive -- it is what it is and we choose not to surround ourselves with it. IMO, what we've seen today is more like bad character, not bad behavior.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people I see and kind of interact with on the forums and on my friend's lists that I'd like to add, but I don't FR. Not so much because I fear rejection, I tend to just assume it. I just assume that I'm going to annoy people most of the time.

Half the time I'm amazed the a lot of my friends on here accepted. I am also just crazy enough to sometimes believe it's a grand joke they're playing, like I'm the goofy kid everyone keeps around to laugh at. I have ZERO reason to think this...it's just a left over from a time when I had absolutely no self esteem as a kid. The biggest part of my FL, I love to death though. The rest, I figure I'll get there in time. I also figure if there's someone not on my FL that should be, at some point one of us will get around to FR-ing.

I feel the exact same way.

I feel similarly yet I am just annoying enough to friend request anyway.

"a tiger in a cage can never see the sun. This diva needs her stage, baby let's have some fun! You are the one I choose, folks would kill to fill your shoes... Take me for who I am, who I was meant to be. And if you give a damn take me baby, or leave me."
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    If I don't accept FR, I do reply with a reason. To me, not replying to an FR is incredibly rude.

i agree with this except for 2 cases.

1) obvious friend collectors without messages in their FR
    2) people selling something (trainers, shake salesmen, DVD salesmen, etc.)

sorry, I disagree.
    there are times when i get 25 to 50 messages in a day... i might accept 1 or 2...and decline the rest because my list has gotten on the large side

i dont have time to sit and write to everyone.

and when friends have written success stories I have heard them say they have gotten as many as 200 FR's...with very nice messages I am sure...but to write to all of them?

I agree with you. I don't think it's rude to not respond. People's reasons are no one else's business, and there can be many possible reasons. It's not people's job to dole out criticism or justify their reasons.
  • mishiimouse
    mishiimouse Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you, you are the only one.

tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif

so many plus points for the tennant gif...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

"a tiger in a cage can never see the sun. This diva needs her stage, baby let's have some fun! You are the one I choose, folks would kill to fill your shoes... Take me for who I am, who I was meant to be. And if you give a damn take me baby, or leave me."

I <3 Rent so hard.
  • jbutterflye
    Options

Buahaha! I am incredibly rude then. I am rude to stange men who request me on the Internet because the 500 women on their FL certainly is not enough. :sad: I am surely going to hell.

Lol!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    It's ok...just send me the request already! I don't bite! :laugh:

:grumble: Well I better put my dollar back :sad:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    You know, I've screwed up pretty bad IRL, but I made sure I ate mouthfuls of crow and apologized. Some chose to forgive, others didn't, but the important ones did. It makes a difference.

Totally in agreement with you if you behaved poorly. But I also think bad character is something you don't forgive -- it is what it is and we choose not to surround ourselves with it. IMO, what we've seen today is more like bad character, not bad behavior.

Perhaps, but I try to avoid snap judgments. My wife always tells me that I'm too forgiving though so who knows. I just know that I have to look in the mirror before judging another human being and it always gives me pause.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I <3 Rent so hard.

I sent a FR because of it.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options

I <3 Rent so hard.

Me too!!! ^___^

I should, from here on out, use that quote for my FR message... It would be interesting to see how that.results...
  • phoenixrizez
    phoenixrizez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! LOL I mostly FR people whose comments I like but YES I have looked at my friends' friends and wished that I knew them better. I just don't request them because I haven't interacted with them on the forums or otherwise and I need a reason to reach out. I know SOME on here don't feel that way, but I do.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    this thread has apparently led to a bunch of friends requests being sent and received all across my friends list. i guess the moral really is... "don't be a wuss, send the friend request".

:drinker:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    this thread has apparently led to a bunch of friends requests being sent and received. i guess the moral really is... "don't be a wuss, send the friend request".

If I get rejected I'm blaming you.
  • jbutterflye
    Options
    “Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing.”
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    this thread has apparently led to a bunch of friends requests being sent and received all across my friends list. i guess the moral really is... "don't be a wuss, send the friend request".

Sympathy FRs.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

Sympathy FRs.

everybody's different. what works for me, might not work for you. etc.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I add people if I like them in general or if they're funny or even if they just interact with me. I don't really care too much if I'm declined, but that's probably because I forget the requests I've sent immediately after sending them.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    When I was super active a year or so ago I had almost 200 friends, and stopped accepting requests because I couldn't keep up with people. I slacked off and was really super inactive for a while and a bunch of people deleted me :P Honestly, that didn't bother me at all.

I don't send out too many requests unless someone seems super fun, I liked what they had to say about a topic, or we seem to have a lot in common. I like to really try to get to know my friends, and I hate feeling like a "statistic". I prefer to be able to support my friends and have them support me.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    um...no. It would never occur to me to look at friends' friends. Sorry....