Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I sent one of the cool kids a FR when I was new because I saw her success story and was really inspired. And she accepted! I was so happy!!

Then she deleted me. I didn't know why...so I sent her a message asking why...

...and she ignored it.

My heart was shattered; my fragile ego was destroyed. I projected back to eighth grade when my "best friend" told me she didn't want to be friends with me anymore because I didn't fit in with the cool kids.

And yet I've built an amazing list of friends here on MFP and no longer feel the sting of her rejection on a daily basis.

:laugh:

People reject me on MFP all the time, but I don't take it personally. If you guys really knew me...well, you'd REALLY run in the other direction!

ETA: I add anyone that sends a message with the request, and I request people that I seem to have many friends in common with.

I could have written this exact same thing, except she sent me the request, then deleted me and then ignored me when I PMd her. No hard feelings against that person though. Sometimes people don't click.

Honestly, I have an amazing group of friends. There are lots more I'd like to be friends with but I'm afraid of my list getting unmanageable. Rejection doesn't bother me.

I knew we had a lot in common! That's why we're friends.*big smooches* :heart:

Awwww. :heart: :flowerforyou: You really are the sweetest.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

Rnt I enough for you? :huh:

33110506_1131.jpg

I laugh at this, typical "I saw 1 of ur posts and now I have to hate" Typical...

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

Would you like to elaborate? You seem to be following me around, finding something to "rag post" about.

Following you around? nah, just clicking on things that appear in my feed from my friends.

I am not sure what a "rag post" is.

I wrote NO. in this case as a joke because the OP is my friend, so clearly you are not enough for him because he also belongs to ME!

It was supposeddddddddddd to be funny.

As far as elaborating about the ONE...your other posts i have seen today do kind of speak for themselves.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Yes. I notoriously do not send out FR rarely; I talk to people sometimes like we're already friends, PM, etc., but I just assume everyone hates me until proven otherwise.

But there are definitely people (INCLUDING YOU WINNER) who I would like to be friends with.

I was sooo nervous when I sent you a FR

Seriously, you were the worst out of all I have sent

:blushing: :heart:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Huh....I just don't like anyone.

Careful. You're dangerously close to violating my intellectual property rights.

If I repeat the "I was so excited when I got your FR" story that I told Rachel, will it help?

I KNEW IT!

I've been excited over many, but you were my first. :love:

I'm only going to get half excited this time.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just don’t want to be thought of as a "creeper". I am only interested in meeting people who are on the same journey as myself and its very difficult to determine who is who by reading a simple profile. I have a lot to learn after being out of the gym while raising kids and doing my best to get caught up.

i admit i'm guilty of that worry too. i mean... i'm in my mid-40's, so it just feels weird to send a FR to a woman in her mid-20's. i always picture them thinking i'm some sort of creepy perv just for sending the FR.

there are some creepy pervs on here for sure, i just don't happen to be one of them. i blame my upbringing.:frown:

I accepted ur pervy FR.

I'm in my 20's and accepted you so just get over yourself and stop with the creeper stuff. Want a cupcake?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

33110506_1131.jpg

I laugh at this, typical "I saw 1 of ur posts and now I have to hate" Typical...

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

Would you like to elaborate? You seem to be following me around, finding something to "rag post" about.

Doesn't take much to follow someone around, especially on a slow moving Sunday. Simply because you both show up in the same thread doesn't mean she's following you around. And I believe earlier you posted several comments that would ratchet that number from 1 to many. many. posts.

The key point is that we do choose our friends - and as you've stated before, the delete button is there for a reason. Similar interests, goals, and views of the world make for better friends than not.

I believe you already know this.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I send FRs to everyone that seems awesome after 'crushing' on them for a week or two. My list is pretty enviable, if I don't say so myself....
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

If I repeat the "I was so excited when I got your FR" story that I told Rachel, will it help?

I KNEW IT!

Will it help if I said your friend request was so good that it ruined me for all future friend-requests?
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Nope snagged post and quoted....
    Today wasn't one of my getting along with MFP folks today..I cant please ery one with my opinions..
    Will do better tomorrow.

:flowerforyou:
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    tumblrlgld0bvc3w1qce7cd.gif
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Today wasn't one of my getting along with MFP folks today..I cant please ery one with my opinions..
    Will do better tomorrow.

:yawn:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly got divisive.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

I KNEW IT!

Will it help if I said your friend request was so good that it ruined me for all future friend-requests?

If I remembered what my request was, i'd say you're on the right track.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well, this thread certainly got divisive.

That always happens with these controversial topics. Obviously the OP was trying to start something. That guy is trouble. :angry:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

33110506_1131.jpg

lolwut?

ONE?

hahaha

NO.

Doesn't take much to follow someone around, especially on a slow moving Sunday. Simply because you both show up in the same thread doesn't mean she's following you around. And I believe earlier you posted several comments that would ratchet that number from 1 to many. many. posts.

The key point is that we do choose our friends - and as you've stated before, the delete button is there for a reason. Similar interests, goals, and views of the world make for better friends than not.

I believe you already know this.

Right. That's been cleared up. And break! It's a tie! Back to your corners, spit in the bucket, get your towel. :tongue:
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Will do better tomorrow.

Trying to apologize?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I regularly see people who are friends with my friends and think they make an interesting/funny/twisted comment and become intrigued by that (by-curious, if you will).

I'll skim their profile and previous posts to determine they're not crazy and send a request. It's much harder now with the recently implemented privacy controls because with private profiles I can't see previous posts. Kinda tough to make a judgment on one post or comment. And I'm too lazy to search via Google. So I move on. Probably missing out on some awesome people (there are at least two in this thread), but oh well. Not everyone is interested in hearing about my circus ferret training.

yes, the new privacy controls do make it harder to figure out who is a good fit for your list. there are a couple of people posting on this thread that i would accept if they sent a FR, but since i don't really know them except for what i've seen on my friends' walls, i would feel weird sending an FR.
    See, you get me. I'm glad I sent that friend request to you. I especially enjoy all the Twilight fan fiction you send me.
  • hokus2
    hokus2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I don't often send FRs as I have bad judgement, people who send FRs to me obviously have much better judgement ;D

ahahhahaha nice ingenious approach
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Will do better tomorrow.

Trying to apologize?

Im just misunderstood..Apology not necessary. Im opinionated and shouldn't have expressed my political views here on MFP.
    That being said...Pour me a drink...stress is not a sweat pant I wear well.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    My serious answer: I don't mind rejection. I think it's a big time saver to know who likes you and who doesn't, and if I find out someone doesn't then I feel spared, like now I know who not to waste my time on. I really like who I am and how I am, and so I don't feel lacking if someone doesn't appreciate me. Their loss. Also, what happens on forums doesn't register for me as a big deal, whatever it is.