Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    No because if someone declines me, I just message them asking them if they need a pet. Then they accept. Who doesn't love pets?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Nah.

Most of us are grown adults..

I beg to differ...have you seen some of the ridiculous rules some people have for FR??!

That's why I said MOST
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

Rnt I enough for you? :huh:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I don't send friend requests as it will make me look like a creeper.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    :drinker:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    No because if someone declines me, I just message them asking them if they need a pet. Then they accept. Who doesn't love pets?

that's actually not a bad idea.

1) replace avatar with sad puppy
    2) send out friend requests
    3) message anyone who rejects with "why do you hate puppies?"
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Huh....I just don't like anyone.
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have no problem sending. If I see positive people or come across a fellow nerd.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I do mutual underwear exchanges. So those who are on my friends list exchanged underwear with me and proved themselves worthy.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

that's actually not a bad idea.

1) replace avatar with sad puppy
    2) send out friend requests
    3) message anyone who rejects with "why do you hate puppies?"

you see right through me
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I do mutual underwear exchanges. So those who are on my friends list exchanged underwear with me and proved themselves worthy.

Damn! Now I want to be your friend!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Welcome.gif

Rnt I enough for you? :huh:

33110506_1131.jpg
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I regularly see people who are friends with my friends and think they make an interesting/funny/twisted comment and become intrigued by that (by-curious, if you will).

I'll skim their profile and previous posts to determine they're not crazy and send a request. It's much harder now with the recently implemented privacy controls because with private profiles I can't see previous posts. Kinda tough to make a judgment on one post or comment. And I'm too lazy to search via Google. So I move on. Probably missing out on some awesome people (there are at least two in this thread), but oh well. Not everyone is interested in hearing about my circus ferret training.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

:brokenheart:

That's twice today. I must not mean anything anymore. :sad:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I sent one of the cool kids a FR when I was new because I saw her success story and was really inspired. And she accepted! I was so happy!!

Then she deleted me. I didn't know why...so I sent her a message asking why...

...and she ignored it.

My heart was shattered; my fragile ego was destroyed. I projected back to eighth grade when my "best friend" told me she didn't want to be friends with me anymore because I didn't fit in with the cool kids.

And yet I've built an amazing list of friends here on MFP and no longer feel the sting of her rejection on a daily basis.

:laugh:

People reject me on MFP all the time, but I don't take it personally. If you guys really knew me...well, you'd REALLY run in the other direction!

ETA: I add anyone that sends a message with the request, and I request people that I seem to have many friends in common with.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    What is this envy you speak of?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I sent one of the cool kids a FR when I was new because I saw her success story and was really inspired. And she accepted! I was so happy!!

Then she deleted me. I didn't know why...so I sent her a message asking why...

...and she ignored it.

My heart was shattered; my fragile ego was destroyed. I projected back to eighth grade when my "best friend" told me she didn't want to be friends with me anymore because I didn't fit in with the cool kids.

And yet I've built an amazing list of friends here on MFP and no longer feel the sting of her rejection on a daily basis.

:laugh:

People reject me on MFP all the time, but I don't take it personally. If you guys really knew me...well, you'd REALLY run in the other direction!

Let's wait for her outside of school tomorrow and beat her up!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I regularly see people who are friends with my friends and think they make an interesting/funny/twisted comment and become intrigued by that (by-curious, if you will).

I'll skim their profile and previous posts to determine they're not crazy and send a request. It's much harder now with the recently implemented privacy controls because with private profiles I can't see previous posts. Kinda tough to make a judgment on one post or comment. And I'm too lazy to search via Google. So I move on. Probably missing out on some awesome people (there are at least two in this thread), but oh well. Not everyone is interested in hearing about my circus ferret training.

yes, the new privacy controls do make it harder to figure out who is a good fit for your list. there are a couple of people posting on this thread that i would accept if they sent a FR, but since i don't really know them except for what i've seen on my friends' walls, i would feel weird sending an FR.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    No envy here, I have my list of people and rarely send out requests anymore. I'd probably get rejected by the cool kids anyway.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options

:brokenheart:

That's twice today. I must not mean anything anymore. :sad:

Here...I will share something lame with you to mend your heart. You were the first of the "cool people from the forums" (the ones I consider the cool people anyways) to send me a FR and it made me really excited. So, because of that you will always be one of my super-favs!

:heart: :heart: :love: :love: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: