Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    this thread has apparently led to a bunch of friends requests being sent and received all across my friends list. i guess the moral really is... "don't be a wuss, send the friend request".

:drinker:

Sympathy FRs.

everybody's different. what works for me, might not work for you. etc.

That's legit. Haven't seen anything beside that little blue guy except (0) for a very long time.

Good.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    this thread has apparently led to a bunch of friends requests being sent and received all across my friends list. i guess the moral really is... "don't be a wuss, send the friend request".

Sympathy FRs.

That's legit. Haven't seen anything beside that little blue guy except (0) for a very long time.

Good.

that's good, right? aren't you in Friends List cutting phase? i'm currently bulking.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Sympathy FRs.

Good.

that's good, right? aren't you in Friends List cutting phase? i'm currently bulking.

Good point.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Because with as many friends as I have, I feel like a goofball sending out FR's.

I was shocked when I saw your FR. He wants to be friends with little old me?! People take it as a compliment, not that you're a goofball.

+1!
  • __Karl__
    __Karl__ Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nope. I keep my numbers low. If I see a post that shows true insight, I would reach out.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

Sympathy FRs.

Sorry hun, but you are not a special snowflake.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    No, I already have the perfect friend list.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    :love: i see some that comment on my friends' posts, whom i would love to add...but i think they wouldn't accept. Mostly because they state on their profile that they aren't accepting new friends etc etc...and their friend list is quite intimidating already:blushing:

Also, i go all Fluttershy and tongue-tied at their awesomeness and wit on the forums. :tongue: and my mind goes blank when i have to type out a friend request message.

i have a whole list of people i would love to add...but if they reject my request i shall DIE :laugh: :brokenheart:
  • xxanishxx
    xxanishxx Posts: 212
    Options
    what-is-this-i-dont-even.jpg
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Here's something I have to say about deleting people and then not responding to their PMs for an explanation:

Some times it's hard to say, "I wasn't feeling what you said/did/etc." without getting in to the down and dirty of your own psyche. Usually when I delete someone it's because of my own craziness and not necessarily something they've done. BUT, then, later, I some times second guess my decision to have deleted someone, but I feel like it's too late to go back and make things right, so I just sit around wondering if I'm ever going to get the balls to just talk it out and see what happens. I was on the weird *kitten* end of a friend deletion "thing" and it felt ... well... weird. And it made me not want to add or delete anyone ever again.

Fact is - even people who are cool have insecurities and their own mental crap... so hopefully there aren't a ton of hard feelings out there, because we're all battling our own demons.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Sympathy FRs.

Good.

Hmmmm Jof was the first "cool kid" friend request I received. That must make me an extra special snowflake.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Here's something I have to say about deleting people and then not responding to their PMs for an explanation:

Some times it's hard to say, "I wasn't feeling what you said/did/etc." without getting in to the down and dirty of your own psyche. Usually when I delete someone it's because of my own craziness and not necessarily something they've done. BUT, then, later, I some times second guess my decision to have deleted someone, but I feel like it's too late to go back and make things right, so I just sit around wondering if I'm ever going to get the balls to just talk it out and see what happens. I was on the weird *kitten* end of a friend deletion "thing" and it felt ... well... weird. And it made me not want to add or delete anyone ever again.

Fact is - even people who are cool have insecurities and their own mental crap... so hopefully there aren't a ton of hard feelings out there, because we're all battling our own demons.

I would rather someone just delete me and not tell me why. If we haven't been interacting I probably won't even notice and if we had a major disagreement then I probably already know and won't be surprised.
  • KickyLegs
    KickyLegs Posts: 53
    Options
    I don't know. Why worry about it, it's not like these people are looking at your request and thinking hard about it. If they don't know you that well they won't accept. It's a silly thing to worry about. Besides they might have too many already, who wants to read all the extra info that comes with extra "friends".
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options

That's right. We're battling our own demons. Truth is, most people don't know us and have no idea what we've been through or why we do or say or think certain things. Walk a mile in someone's shoes and all that. Especially on sites like this, people only see a smidgeon, a tiny glimpse, of another person, and it's often colored by their own filters anyway. For example, I've been going through a certain phase, I guess, where I've been perhaps a bit over-the-top silly and goofy. There's a reason for that, a need to balance out a previous period of hardship and seriousness. But people don't know that and I hadn't told anyone until just recently. So some may see all my goofy threads that I make and form judgments that I'm attention seeking, whatever. Good for them, judgmental people judge. People love to judge. Frankly, I don't need those kinds of people as friends. More important things in life. But yeah, I can't deny that it does still suck to encounter that kind of attitude.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Hmmmm Jof was the first "cool kid" friend request I received. That must make me an extra special snowflake.

"cool kid"

These words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed someone FR'd a ton of my friends...She is on my FL...I find this a bit annoying.
    I wish I had the courage to ask her what her deal is..I feel like Im being copy catted.
    Im way cooler and funnier than said girl, so Im not in fear of losing my Ppl..Im just aggravated that she doesnt have any thing better to do, than follow me round.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I usually find people I want to add to my FL in the Success Forums. Aside from that, I think those that add me just do so cuz I try to be both positive and fun (or funny). I'm sooo lucky with the peeps I got backing me up.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed someone FR'd a ton of my friends...She is on my FL...I find this a bit annoying.
    I wish I had the courage to ask her what her deal is..I feel like Im being copy catted.
    Im way cooler and funnier than said girl, so Im not in fear of losing my Ppl..Im just aggravated that she doesnt have any thing better to do, than follow me round.

Wow, that's really insensitive.

Just shows how people can carry on living their lives with no regard for how another might feel about all their decisions... :grumble:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Yes that DavPul guy....I was going to FR him.
    Now I have changed my mind.
    He beat me up and took my lunch money.
    Also said I should lift heavy!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and have a fear of rejection. :sad: