Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed someone FR'd a ton of my friends...She is on my FL...I find this a bit annoying.
    I wish I had the courage to ask her what her deal is..I feel like Im being copy catted.
    Im way cooler and funnier than said girl, so Im not in fear of losing my Ppl..Im just aggravated that she doesnt have any thing better to do, than follow me round.

I don't think that's working the way you think it is..
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Just posted about this on my wall.

I LOVE my FL. But I see lots of mutuals that I'd like to be friends with as well. I just don't want t seem like a collector, or disappoint anyone who wants a lot more interaction than I can provide.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Here's something I have to say about deleting people and then not responding to their PMs for an explanation:

Some times it's hard to say, "I wasn't feeling what you said/did/etc." without getting in to the down and dirty of your own psyche. Usually when I delete someone it's because of my own craziness and not necessarily something they've done. BUT, then, later, I some times second guess my decision to have deleted someone, but I feel like it's too late to go back and make things right, so I just sit around wondering if I'm ever going to get the balls to just talk it out and see what happens. I was on the weird *kitten* end of a friend deletion "thing" and it felt ... well... weird. And it made me not want to add or delete anyone ever again.

Fact is - even people who are cool have insecurities and their own mental crap... so hopefully there aren't a ton of hard feelings out there, because we're all battling our own demons.

It was hard for me when you deleted me, but then I thought, SELF, maybe you annoy the crap out of her.
    LOL.

it's all good...we all have our reasons why we do and dont want people on our list
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I recently noticed someone FR'd a ton of my friends...She is on my FL...I find this a bit annoying.
    I wish I had the courage to ask her what her deal is..I feel like Im being copy catted.
    Im way cooler and funnier than said girl, so Im not in fear of losing my Ppl..Im just aggravated that she doesnt have any thing better to do, than follow me round.

dafuq?
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

If this were happening to me, I would probably check my own friends list. Just to make sure they weren't jumping ship and friending that OTHER person and defriending me.

But that's just me. I'm sure nothing of the sort has been happening to you.

And I know you'll find the courage to ask. I believe in you - you can do this!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Someone needs to mention, it is not the SIZE of the friend's list, it is the quality.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

OMG. I hate copycats. They're the WORST!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and have a fear of rejection. :sad:

I wouldn't reject you! :love:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Will not say something strike worthy...
    People be crazy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and have a fear of rejection. :sad:

I wouldn't reject you! :love:

No kidding.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I don't send out FRs very often. I recently sent a FR to someone who's profile I liked, and who had mutual friends. I sent a small paragraph saying why and made a joke, and got a bit annoyed when I was declined, only because I made the effort to read their profile and relate to them. There should be a message box when accepting/declining FRs. (or maybe that would be a bad idea)

Also because I am awesome and they totally missed out. *kanyeshrug*
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options

Have experienced that and certainly not pleasant. However, you don't own a copyright on your friends!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sending FRs. I'm stockpiling friends so I will have lots to eat in times of famine when all the cavemen are in short supply. *t Rex burp*
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I just don’t want to be thought of as a "creeper". I am only interested in meeting people who are on the same journey as myself and its very difficult to determine who is who by reading a simple profile. I have a lot to learn after being out of the gym while raising kids and doing my best to get caught up.

i admit i'm guilty of that worry too. i mean... i'm in my mid-40's, so it just feels weird to send a FR to a woman in her mid-20's. i always picture them thinking i'm some sort of creepy perv just for sending the FR.

there are some creepy pervs on here for sure, i just don't happen to be one of them. i blame my upbringing.:frown:

As a woman in her mid-late 20s' I was tres delighted when I discovered you weren't a creeper and indeed a clever, awesome addition to my FL :flowerforyou:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    However, you don't own a copyright on your friends!

How about a playwright? Can I force them to sing duets on Broadway together? Dressed in costumes from Cats? And take definitely not creepy pictures of them in compromising positions?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options

I totally hate copycats and think they're the worst too.
  • sweetzoejane
    sweetzoejane Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sure, there are people I think about sending requests too, and then don't. No idea why. I am pretty awesome. Maybe because I'm shy and kind of a private person? Not sure.

Maybe I should follow someone around and copy cat their friends list. Someone who is way cooler and funnier than me.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I never do.

I fear the wrath of strangers on the internet.

2338696_o.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    However, you don't own a copyright on your friends!

How about a playwright? Can I force them to sing duets on Broadway together? Dressed in costumes from Cats? And take definitely not creepy pictures of them in compromising positions?

O.O

I thought you said that was a must to friend you? Why is the story changing now!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I totally hate copycats and think they're the worst too.

:angry: