Friends List envy?

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    so...

as a direct result of the discussion on this thread, who was spurred on to send out friends requests to people that they had been previously only admiring from afar?

i did.

I've got a few in the crosshairs but I need to psyche up more.

But, we're already friends. What more could you need?

ivUKGLs.jpg
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Would you ever try to re-friend someone who deleted you from their list?

I have a few that deleted me, but that was all my own fault because I kinda didn't log into MFP for...... 4 months. haha. I have no grudges, but I dunno, I feel like it would be kind of awkward.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Just curious. Would you ever try to re-friend someone who deleted you from their list?

I have a few that deleted me, but that was all my own fault because I kinda didn't log into MFP for...... 4 months. haha. I have no grudges, but I dunno, I feel like it would be kind of awkward.

I did this once. I wasn't sure if it was a glitch (I have had friends get accidentally dropped) so I re-requested. When the same person dropped me again, I said **** it, guess they didn't like me.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I accidently have deleted a few people - one of them did contact me back and I was very happy that she did. I hadn't realized I had accidentally defriended her! (Also I sent you a FR too!) READ MAH REQUEST.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I accept all requests, and keep you there unless you don't log in for a month or you do something to annoy me. It's MFP, not that serious.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    so...

as a direct result of the discussion on this thread, who was spurred on to send out friends requests to people that they had been previously only admiring from afar?

i did.

I've got a few in the crosshairs but I need to psyche up more.

But, we're already friends. What more could you need?

ivUKGLs.jpg
    I heart you, soul-searching kitty.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I have done this...intentionally and accidentally, as the sender and as the receiver.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I accept all requests, and keep you there unless you don't log in for a month or you do something to annoy me. It's MFP, not that serious.

I accept most FR (with messages)...but may cut someone for little to no reason.

It's MFP, not that serious.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I don't send out FRs very often. I recently sent a FR to someone who's profile I liked, and who had mutual friends. I sent a small paragraph saying why and made a joke, and got a bit annoyed when I was declined, only because I made the effort to read their profile and relate to them. There should be a message box when accepting/declining FRs. (or maybe that would be a bad idea)

Also because I am awesome and they totally missed out. *kanyeshrug*

Do you *know* they declined or did you *assume* they declined? I've heard a few times that someone thought they sent a FR to me but I never received it. I'm not entirely confident in MFP's ability to deliver all of the FRs.

Assumed. Because I had saw they added someone after I sent my FR. And I don't want to be That Person who sends a message asking why I can't hang out with them.

But I did send a different one to someone who I comment back and forth with on mutual friend's posts, that never got accepted which kind of baffled me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was MFP who effed that one up.
    Don't know how helpful this will be, but I encourage you to embrace being That Person.

In some ways, you already are, by posting about it here.

I don't think that's a bad thing at all. I think we tend to get way too caught up being That Person, when That Person is who we are.

If I could go back through my life and get back all the time and energy I analyzed and over-thought what I did, how I said something, how I acted, how I was perceived... I'd probably be 20 years younger. And more handsome.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

I have done this...intentionally and accidentally, as the sender and as the receiver.

I deleted a guy a few months ago because I never heard anything from him, even though I commented on his stuff from time to time. Soon after, he sent me another FR saying he thought I was on his FL but didn't see me, so I accepted and gave him another chance. I just deleted him again the other day.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    <
    in for the ensuing FRs (with messages!) i'll get from this sexy pic ;)
  • fishsticks913
    fishsticks913 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I would love t be friends with someone people that my friends are friends with... but don't want to be all stalkerish and add them LOL
  • jez4ever
    jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ehhh...if I find someone intriguing I will send one. No big deal either way though. I haven't came across anyone so creepy that I've rejected them yet.

muha ha ha...haaaaah....

that's my creepy voice
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Ehhh...if I find someone intriguing I will send one. No big deal either way though. I haven't came across anyone so creepy that I've rejected them yet.

muha ha ha...haaaaah....

that's my creepy voice

Ehhh....you call it creepy and here I thought you were just trying to seduce me :wink:
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    <
    in for the ensuing FRs (with messages!) i'll get from this sexy pic ;)

Uh, I like the tutu and the poodle skirt ones better! Okay, I've been creepin' your photos