Friends List envy?

Options

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I don't send out FRs very often. I recently sent a FR to someone who's profile I liked, and who had mutual friends. I sent a small paragraph saying why and made a joke, and got a bit annoyed when I was declined, only because I made the effort to read their profile and relate to them. There should be a message box when accepting/declining FRs. (or maybe that would be a bad idea)

Also because I am awesome and they totally missed out. *kanyeshrug*

Do you *know* they declined or did you *assume* they declined? I've heard a few times that someone thought they sent a FR to me but I never received it. I'm not entirely confident in MFP's ability to deliver all of the FRs.

Assumed. Because I had saw they added someone after I sent my FR. And I don't want to be That Person who sends a message asking why I can't hang out with them.

But I did send a different one to someone who I comment back and forth with on mutual friend's posts, that never got accepted which kind of baffled me. I wouldn't be surprised if it was MFP who effed that one up.

Today I accidentally hit the decline on a FR I was going to accept because my phone scrolled down too fast. I don't remember who sent it.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    How about a playwright? Can I force them to sing duets on Broadway together? Dressed in costumes from Cats? And take definitely not creepy pictures of them in compromising positions?
    I thought those pics were just between us. :cry:
    I don't know how they got out, baby! Must have been an accident. I KNEW taking my computer to that shop to get fixed was a mistake!
    I forgive you. Can I be in your broadway show? I know Memory by heart.
    Midnightttttttttttttt, not a sound from the pavementtttttttttttt
    i can accompany on piano.

Can I join? Can I join? I'll bring my ukelele!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Today I accidentally hit the decline on a FR I was going to accept because my phone scrolled down too fast. I don't remember who sent it.

Maybe MFP should add a missed connections section.

Given some of the threads, maybe a casual encounters section wouldn't hurt either...
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Are you cool with wearing cat ears and a tail?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

I can sing soprano (sort of) and do amazing facepaint! Plus, costuming wizard right here folks. Can I play, too?
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options

Maybe MFP should add a missed connections section.

Given some of the threads, maybe a casual encounters section wouldn't hurt either...

LOL

Filled with, "I saw you in passing today in the forums. Your avatar is what drew me to you at first but the way you have with words made me seek you out. Please accept my (5th) friend request."
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

I can sing soprano (sort of) and do amazing facepaint! Plus, costuming wizard right here folks. Can I play, too?

Cosplay stuff is neat! Also singing. Since I can't carry a tune worth a damn!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    so...

as a direct result of the discussion on this thread, who was spurred on to send out friends requests to people that they had been previously only admiring from afar?

i did.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    so...

as a direct result of the discussion on this thread, who was spurred on to send out friends requests to people that they had been previously only admiring from afar?

i did.

I snagged several. I'm holding off on the rest though. Don't want to be a FR slut.
  • Otterluv
    Options
    so...

i did.

I snagged several. I'm holding off on the rest though. Don't want to be a FR slut.

I did, too. But, I'm taking it slow, two major victories in one day is enough.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    so...

i did.

Ummm...i never got it :P
  • overhaul12
    Options
    ugh, I KNOW right? Way too much work...
  • Otterluv
    Options

Cosplay stuff is neat! Also singing. Since I can't carry a tune worth a damn!

Wait, I'm supposed to carry the tune? I thought it was Cats, so caterwaulering in a general soprano range would suffice? If not, I'm going to have to amend it to "I can do facepaint and costuming". That doesn't sound nearly as impressive.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I FR people who make me laugh, or who have similar goals, or who just seem awesome. If they don't accept, I will be fine :)
  • overhaul12
    Options
    I don't like to send FRs because if someone declines me I have to put them on my list, harass them, make them cry, make them sorry they ever declined me. It's just too much effort.

^^I know, right?!

...So I mean't to quote this earlier, but instead my response just looks awkward and out of place. lol.
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    so...

i did.

tumblr_m67euwQ4DN1rwjvx0o1_500.gif
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    so...

i did.

I've been waiting for you to make he first move :sad:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    so...

i did.

I've been waiting for you to make he first move :sad:

but i learned on the forums today that women should make the first move.

i am now very confused. :frown:

also, i learned yesterday that the plural of cougar is cougar's.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    also, i learned yesterday that the plural of cougar is cougar's.
    tombstone.gif
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    so...

i did.

I've got a few in the crosshairs but I need to psyche up more.