I want him, He doesnt want me :(.. Vent/Rant

Options

Replies

• PrettyPearl88
    PrettyPearl88 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Desperate for what? I could see if i was chasing him or was making something out of nothing. We are basically in a relationship, just without the tittle... which is more of a manly thing imo, why act and obviously have feelings for someone but dont want them to basically say you cant hang out when you want to. you dont want to be committed so you dont have to officially "tied down". Thats bullsht. but because its only been 2 weeks i'll let it slide for a while lol

You mean you honestly don't think you're being desperate?? You actually are chasing him and making something out of nothing. And you aren't "basically in a relationship" with him. You just met this guy not even two weeks ago. You are acquaintances and that's it.

I'm going to be brutally honest with you because I think you need it: He's not into you. You're being clingy, desperate, and annoying and it's turning him off. He probably was a little interested in you when he first met you, but you've probably completely turned him off now because of how immature, clingy, desperate, pushy, and crazy you're acting. You and him probably aren't even a good match anyway (because he's really into drinking, smoking, and parties and you're not). He lost interest and you need to move on and stop bothering him.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options

You want commitment after 2 weeks??? You're lucky he's not run away as fast as he can, that's just nuts imo.

What's wrong with 2 weeks? I was married to my husband a month after meeting him, married 17 years this year. What has a time frame got to do with anything IMO

Nothing is wrong with 2 weeks if you both want it. He clearly doesn't, and, as has been pointed out most vociferously, she is smothering him.

OP - good rant! I hope you felt better for getting it out!!
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Something about this screams HE'S MARRIED
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    My head hurts.
  • wjewell
    wjewell Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've met anyone in my entire 59 years who wants to make a commitment after two weeks. I mean this in the nicest possible way, but you sound a little desperate. Cool your jets.
    Desperate for what? I could see if i was chasing him or was making something out of nothing. We are basically in a relationship, just without the tittle... which is more of a manly thing imo, why act and obviously have feelings for someone, but dont want them to basically say you cant hang out when you want to. you dont want to be committed so you dont have to be officially "tied down". Thats bullsht. but because its only been 2 weeks i'll let it slide for a while lol

It's really not BS though. He has told you he doesn't want to be "tied down" or "committed" but instead of listening to what he is saying, which is "I don't want to be with you", you are assuming in your mind that you two are basically together, which is not fair to him. He is telling you what he expects and wants and instead of respecting that, in your mind you are deciding y'all are together and he just doesn't know it.... I don't know if you're giving him the "cookie" or not....but if you are, do yourself a favor and stop being a booty call, because it kind of sounds like that what you are at this point. Listen to his words-- "I don't want to be in a relationship" then add the words "with you" at the end of that and then move on. Go find yourself someone that will love you and care for you the way you want to love and care about them....and guess what! If you leave and stop contacting him-- if he wants to be with you, HE WILL CALL.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I only skimmed through and read some of the responses, so I apologize if this is redundant, but I have to throw in there, that when I'm kind of flirting with/hanging out with a guy that I'm attracted to, but don't want to actually be with for some reason, my GO TO thing is "I make a terrible girlfriend" I even say the thing about not texting or calling for long periods of time!! Neither of those things are really true, those are just my way of kind of keeping the fun flirty part of the relationship going, without having to get serious, and when they DO get clingy and demanding of me, is when I will shut them out completely. So, like someone else has already said, he's just not that into you. Sorry hun.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters, girl.

I think you should just go ahead and propose.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    My head hurts.

if your head hurts, how do u think that dude feels? lol
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    OP in all seriousness, do you feel any person would want to be with someone who requires CONSTANT attention?
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Something about this screams HE'S MARRIED
    or he has a vagina. im gonna go with vagina
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great FRIEND you have there. Hint hint. Chill out, relax, let things develop NATURALLY. Don't force it, the harder you cling to him, esspecially this early, the faster he will move away from you and think you're nuts. If the roles were reversed and it was a guy doing the same thing to a woman, I'd tell her to keep her distance from him because the hyper-fast-relationship thing is a bit creepy.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I feel like i can fall deeply in love with this guy, we met not even two weeks ago...and we see each other almost everyday.
    ~~ This guy WILL grow tired of you real fast! get a hobbie.

but honestly if he wants to hang out later I feel like its a maybe
    ~~Don't be so available, men are hunters they chase that's what they do.

i feel like we are so compatible and could fall so deeply in love...BUT HE Doesnt want to make COMMITMENT
    ~~ Why waste your time then? Ps it's been less than 2 week!!!!!!

He likes to drink and smoke and hang out with his friend constantly, basically he likes his freedom.. I dont drink or smoke so it would be weird he thinks for me to hang out with him and his friends and he says he doenst want to corrupt me..,
    ~~ This is code for leave me alone or no you can't come. He doesn't want you around when he's hitting on other women.

He said that he'll be a horrible boyfriend because he might not call or text for a week, I said a week???
    ~~ Don't say he didn't warn you if he breaks you heart. This his him telling you what to expect and you can't expect mere because you know this and are still willing to settle for it. This is him testing to see what he'll be able to get away with in the future.

I DO WANT CONSTANT ATTENTION. ~~ I get it some girls are like this BUT no man's going to put up with this. He already told you he may not even call you at times, then you'll be at home all depressed crying feeling neglected.

In the last 10 mins, literally he got 20 phone calls 10+ people showing up at his house and it was 1 am I was like wtf..
    ~~ Were you at this mans house at 1am in the morning that you just met a week ago? That's a no-no!!!
    If you weren't and you were just on the phone, that's still a no-no!!! STOP BEING SO AVAILABLE!
    Let this man see you have a life outside of him.

a lot of people do want his attention and they all want to hang out with him.. but they ALL have girlfriends,
    ~~ All his friends have girlfriends but him? what does that tel you? All his friends are committed and he is still single and you are around and he is telling you he doesn't have time for a girl because you would "have to make time" he isnt ready to committ and he may no call or text you. Red Flags

i want him to make a commitment already.~~ After less than 14 days? He will either be running for the hills if he finds this out or use you because it's obvious you're more into him than he is into you.

Good luck and here's a tip It's way better to have a man be more into you than you are into him.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It's infatuation. The passion will cool down eventually.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters, girl.

I think you should just go ahead and propose.

no no NO.

They need to live together first to see if they are compatible!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    My head hurts.

if your head hurts, how do u think that dude feels? lol
    Well, if his head doesn't hurt already, it will after she knocks him out cold to keep him from leaving the house. All in the name of love.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

Desperate for what? I could see if i was chasing him or was making something out of nothing. We are basically in a relationship, just without the tittle... which is more of a manly thing imo, why act and obviously have feelings for someone but dont want them to basically say you cant hang out when you want to. you dont want to be committed so you dont have to officially "tied down". Thats bullsht. but because its only been 2 weeks i'll let it slide for a while lol

I don't even give someone my phone number in two weeks. You're being desperate. If he doesn't think you're already clingy, being upset about this will convince him. RELAX THE CRAZY it'll get better. (I speak as a crazy chick myself. You gotta tamp that **** down.)
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    1. He's just not that into you if he's not asking you out.
    ---> Because if he likes you, trust me, he will ask you out.

2. He's just not that into you if he's not calling you.
    ---> Men know how to use the phone.

3. He's just not that into you if he's not dating you.
    ---> "I don't want to be in a serious relationship" means "I don't want to be in a serious relationship with you." And c'mon... better than nothing is not good enough for you.

4. He's just not that into you if he's having sex with someone else.
    ---> There's NEVER going to be a good excuse for cheating.

5. He's just not that into you if he only wants to see you when he's drunk.
    ---> If he likes you, he'll want to see you when his judgement isn't impaired.

6. He's just not that into you if he doesn't want to marry you.
    ---> LOVE cures commitment-phobia. Greg says: "I'd marry my wife in every time zone if that's what she wanted."

7. He's just not that into you if he's breaking up with you.
    ---> "I don't want to go out with you" means just that. Don't be flattered that he misses you. He should miss you. You're deeply missable. However, HE is still the same person who just broke up with you.

8. He's just not that into you if he's disappeared on you.
    ---> Sometimes you have to get closure all by yourself. In the short term, it may feel good to call someone and yell at him. But in the long run, you will have wished you had not given him that much credit for ruining your life.

9. He's just not that into you if he's married (and other insane variations of being unavailable).
    ---> If you're not able to love him freely, it's not really love. Unless he's all yours, he's still hers.

10. He's just not that into you if he's a selfish jerk, a bully or a really big freak.
    ---> If you really love someone, you want to do things that make that person happy. If you date, you will meet your share of wierdos and jerks. The only thing in your control is how long you allow these "gentlemen" to take up space in your life.

Here are your instructions:
    1. Go buy this book.
    2. Go buy a pint of icecream
    3. Stop being clingy. SERIOUSLY.
    4. Move on. He clearly doesn't want you.
    5. Grow the he** up.
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure the OP is paying any attention to the posts that are warning her to be less clingy (only responding to the ones which said they got married after a few days or weeks of dating).

Imagine this post on MFP:
    "Hey, 11 days ago I met this super girl, she is sweet and lovely and she is even a Christian which I really dig. The only thing is, she is talking about commitment and I feel like I hardly even know her. She rings all the time and since we met there hasn't even been 24 hours where I haven't heard from her. I think she expects me to give her constant attention. I'm 32, but I don't know if I'm ready for this kind of commitment yet, let alone know if she would be The One. I mean, I bought a car last year and it took me longer to decide on that! I also like to hang out with my friends and I don't think she approves of them and my drinking and smoking. I know it's only been 11 days but I'm starting to feel really smothered. She talks about having to 'wean herself' from me when I haven't even NOT heard from her in any 24 hour period since we met. What should I do?"

Sorry OP, I agree with the others. This guy needs some space. If he is into you, he'll be back.
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Here's my advice... Just be **** buddies, they're always the best :)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    rose.jpg