EGGS ARE GOOD EAT THEM

Options
12345679»

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Eggs are yummy. Animal flesh is yummy. Bird flesh is yummy. Veggies are yucky. Fish flesh is yucky.
  • Bowtieguy3
    Bowtieguy3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs! Eat the whole eggs! Yolks aren't evil. Dietary fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with the fat and cholesterol on and in your body. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/ (ignore the crap at the bottom about replacing butter, dairy, and red meats... that's pure tripe).

JUST EAT THE FREAKIN' EGGS FFS.

Edit for eggs article: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

Amen to this... And eggs are a complete protein containing most, if not all, amino acids your body needs, esp. after exercising...
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Eggs are yummy. Animal flesh is yummy. Bird flesh is yummy. Veggies are yucky. Fish flesh is yucky.

Brilliant! :laugh: ..... and Tofu?? :flowerforyou:
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Has anyone considered what happens to all the male chicks that are not required for the egg-laying part of the egg industry.

Do you know what happens to the hens when they have gone past efficiency in egg laying?

Eggs - a great source of protein, but at what cost? - no thanks.
    Hey, as long as the eggs are free-range, who the hell cares about those pesky male chicks. Right?

Hey, let's all use the assumption that the egg-laying industry has the same practices across the board. Let's also pretend that small farmers who take good care of their birds don't exist, and we should totally not eat eggs because factory farming makes some farming bad.
    Alright then. What happens to the male chicks from the farm you buy your eggs at?

Not that is is relevant to the broader topic, but they either raise them for meat or sell them to other farms that need a rooster.

In any case, presenting a false dichotomy is erroneous.

Actually, male chickens are generally not used for meat, because there meat is not as good as the females. It is common practice in the industry to separate the chicks by sex at birth, and the males are frequently killed shortly thereafter(frequently by grinding them alive.)

On this particular small family farm, the male chicks, if not sold to other farms, are raised for meat. I was asked this question and I answered it. I'm sorry if people are having trouble accepting my answer. I know how the *greater* egg industry works, and that's why I choose to not support it. I simply take issue with the logic that one should completely reject eggs because some in the industry do it unethically.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Eat the eggs! Eat the whole eggs! Yolks aren't evil. Dietary fat and cholesterol have nothing to do with the fat and cholesterol on and in your body. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fats-full-story/ (ignore the crap at the bottom about replacing butter, dairy, and red meats... that's pure tripe).

The next time you eat an egg, think of this...
    What you are eating has been squeezed out through a chicken's *kitten*.
    Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben

You sir, need to take an anatomy class.
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I love eggs! I have them usually everyday for breakfast!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    i ate 8 eggs today

I made a frittata yesterday with 12 of them, plenty of heavy cream too.

Good nutrition on the cheep. ;)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

The next time you eat an egg, think of this...
    What you are eating has been squeezed out through a chicken's *kitten*.
    Enjoy.
    kind regards,

Ben

You sir, need to take an anatomy class.

OK everyone.. chicken anatomy is DIFFERENT than human anatomy.. Chickens have an egg laying chute and a poop chute.. the two converge internally and there is only the one multi purpose exit hole. You are welcome for this exceedingly scientific explanation of henatomy.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options

OK everyone.. chicken anatomy is DIFFERENT than human anatomy.. Chickens have an egg laying chute and a poop chute.. the two converge internally and there is only the one multi purpose exit hole. You are welcome for this exceedingly scientific explanation of henatomy.

Then how come only SOME of the eggs are brown! =P
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Brilliant! :laugh: ..... and Tofu?? :flowerforyou:

Not worth the keystrokes in my opinion. :smile:
  • albertabeefy
    albertabeefy Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, except I eat my yucky veggies and fish anyway.

I will admit though, the only way I truly ENJOYED fish was beer-battered, deep-fried with chips/fries whatever you want to call them.

Now, back to our talk of eggs. =)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya, except I eat my yucky veggies and fish anyway.

I will admit though, the only way I truly ENJOYED fish was beer-battered, deep-fried with chips/fries whatever you want to call them.

Now, back to our talk of eggs. =)

I thought so too and then I tried sea bass :O so delicious...
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of eggs these days. Love eggs and so good for you!