For those of you that invite others to objectify you:

Options

Replies

• TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I think those threads are just for fun. I don't post on them often but getting a positive comment from a random stranger makes you feel good. I don't care if its stroking my ego or looking for compliments. Sometimes people want to feel good about themselves or make other people feel good about them.. or flirt with someone... or objectify... or whatever. It's for fun and no one is getting her.

I haven't suddenly started objectifying everyone in sight.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Judgements are important and a fact of life. And entertaining.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I should eat for dinner...can you tell me what I should eat?
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be eye candy for as many women as possible.

:laugh:

Mission accomplished.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's not serious , most 5s etc will get rated a 10.

True dat.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    In for objectification.
    Done

Awww... :flowerforyou:
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I am technically an object, so I suppose I'm fine with it.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

ONS x 365

10/10 would bang, date and marry.
    I'll bring the bacon
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Where are all the WK's? I'd expect a fully cavalry charge by page 2.
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If there's bacon can I come?
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

ONS x 365

10/10 would bang, date and marry.
    I'll bring the bacon
    tumblr_ml0ck9et6C1rtbx6lo1_500.png
    I'll objectify the bacon..
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    39636-Grumpy-Cat-say-no-UiF5.jpeg
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    In for objectification.

me too :bigsmile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Those threads are just for fun.
    And this is a fitness site, people talk about their bodies, and other people's bodies a lot on here. Some of us just enjoy flirting, it's innocent and it brings a smile on my face.
    I refuse to go through life constantly watching what I wear, say or do, out of fear that I might be inviting others to objectify me. If they do, well, there is something wrong with them, not me.
    And when I get a compliment I try to actually see it as that instead of screaming "I am not a piece of meat".
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    We're not training them; we've been conditioned from a young age to think and/or behave this way, therefore we are reinforcing this behavior. Maybe you should be speaking to preschoolers, because you need to shape behaviors from a young age.

So, you're saying it's impossible to change?
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    kick!
    pass!
    not sexy!:smokin: :ohwell: :explode: :yawn:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    And this is a fitness site, people talk about their bodies, and other people's bodies a lot on here. Some of us just enjoy flirting, it's innocent and it brings a smile on my face.
    I refuse to go through life constantly watching what I wear, say or do, out of fear that I might be inviting others to objectify me. If they do, well, there is something wrong with them, not me.
    And when I get a compliment I try to actually see it as that instead of screaming "I am not a piece of meat".

Would bang.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    When you post things like "bang, date, marry?" or "cute, hot, or sexy?" and ask people to objectify you, you are training them to think of everyone around them in those terms. You invite them to make a value judgement of your body, and they begin to make those judgements about others. I speak not just on behalf of women but of everyone on this site. Our culture places way too much value on judgements about people. Is it not enough to just be what you are? Do you have to be "bangable" or "flirty" or have all of these other labels attached to you? And if you do, could you handle that somewhere other than a site for folks who aren't satisfied with their bodies anyways? I realize an ego boost is nice, and I don't mind getting ego boosts every so often, but maybe the place for that is your personal profile or a "hot or not" site.

I can't tell you guys what to post or what to think- the purpose of this post is to invite some discussion about how we create these labels and values for each other and ourselves even as they make us uncomfortable or sad. Many women feel that a "male-dominated culture" has set up these cages of self-judgement for them, but then they go out in pants that say "juicy" across their butts or ask others how hot they are from 1-10. I try really hard to avoid these types of discussions, firstly because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and secondly because I feel that I have value in and of myself, not just when I'm given a number or a name.

What do you guys think? Do you like it when people tell you you're a certain type of person? Do you like it when people rate you? Do you think others like it when you rate them?

I thought you'd be getting more support in this opinion. Apparently not. Most people just aren't thinking that deeply on the meaning of these shallow games but I hear what you're saying loud and clear and I support you. That being stated, whatever anybody else wants to do is fine with me. It's my choice to participate or not and sometimes I do play the "What's the first word you think of" games, but it gets boring quickly. Simple things entertain simple minds. :D It's great that you're thinking about this stuff at a relatively young age. Stay insightful, stay thoughtful.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

7/10 WB...I guess.
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    My partner, family and friends are very supportive and encouraging, feel pretty good in my own skin and don't feel the need to ask strangers opinions.
    Feel very meh about these threads, is a social site, people here for different resaons - I can choose to look or not - so far it has been not.
    No biggie :smile:
This discussion has been closed.