Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I :heart: my eye candy too!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options

The objectification happens whether we like it or not in public its just not openly said...

Agree.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    px2lWRN.gif

tumblr_mdg1pm8BtX1r36uxh.gif
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    It's a giggle, not serious.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    OBJECTIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

objectification_zps167b0a72.gif
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    This teaches me that no means yes! And in public!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I invite objectification. My livelihood depends on it. =)
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    OBJECTIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

Oh no you didn't.

angryannie_zps5139a13f.gif
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    OBJECTIFICATION!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    angryannie_zps5139a13f.gif
    Boobs :drinker:
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    It's not serious , most 5s etc will get rated a 10.

^^This :D
  • twelfty
    twelfty Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    When you post things like "bang, date, marry?" or "cute, hot, or sexy?" and ask people to objectify you, you are training them to think of everyone around them in those terms. You invite them to make a value judgement of your body, and they begin to make those judgements about others. I speak not just on behalf of women but of everyone on this site. Our culture places way too much value on judgements about people. Is it not enough to just be what you are? Do you have to be "bangable" or "flirty" or have all of these other labels attached to you? And if you do, could you handle that somewhere other than a site for folks who aren't satisfied with their bodies anyways? I realize an ego boost is nice, and I don't mind getting ego boosts every so often, but maybe the place for that is your personal profile or a "hot or not" site.

I can't tell you guys what to post or what to think- the purpose of this post is to invite some discussion about how we create these labels and values for each other and ourselves even as they make us uncomfortable or sad. Many women feel that a "male-dominated culture" has set up these cages of self-judgement for them, but then they go out in pants that say "juicy" across their butts or ask others how hot they are from 1-10. I try really hard to avoid these types of discussions, firstly because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and secondly because I feel that I have value in and of myself, not just when I'm given a number or a name.

What do you guys think? Do you like it when people tell you you're a certain type of person? Do you like it when people rate you? Do you think others like it when you rate them?

bang... several times
  • mavedote
    mavedote Posts: 20
    Options
    I love when the moral high grounders get involved with having fun.....really, can you please find some other cause to champion? Stick to defending things that cannot defend themselves....like trees, owls, or sea creatures. We are all adults here and we are well aware of our actions. Loosen up and have some fun!
  • amyjax
    amyjax Posts: 102
    Options
    I thought most people grew out of compartmentalising or rating people according to their looks by the end of high school... :huh:

As a wiser woman said earlier in the thread, "simple things for simple minds". Everyone's free to think with their genitals, compare **** length and swoon over "forum hotties" (who can say if their avatars are truly pictures of them...?) in exactly the same way as others are free to not participate/laugh at the threads and those who take them seriously elsewhere.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the "-1, wouldn't date, wouldn't bang" type replies.

546n2s.gif
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    your correct, of course. BUT sometimes its just fun and nice to say something nice to someone and maybe hear something nice.
    we should all play nice :)
    and for the record, 9 would date, would bang lol. x
  • twelfty
    Options
    I thought most people grew out of compartmentalising or rating people according to their looks by the end of high school... :huh:

As a wiser woman said earlier in the thread, "simple things for simple minds". Everyone's free to think with their genitals, compare **** length and swoon over "forum hotties" (who can say if their avatars are truly pictures of them...?) in exactly the same way as others are free to not participate/laugh at the threads and those who take them seriously elsewhere.

Now I'll sit back and wait for the "-1, wouldn't date, wouldn't bang" type replies.

needs a bang... dtf?
  • amyjax
    Options

needs a bang... dtf?

Engaged and getting laid, sorry...! :laugh:
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    seriously if it makes a girl or a guy feel better that someone said they were HOT, or would bang them or rated them a 10, what difference does it make to you?

A lot of people on here have self esteem issues, and to be told they are attractive or whatever really can make their day, why spoil the fun, you never know the person could be totally honest when they say this as well.

Not a matter of simple things amuse simple minds, I am far from simple and by partaking in these threads it is a release from the day to day stresses of work and life in general occasionally. Im not out there looking for an online affair or anything like that, just a smile or a laugh to brighten up my day and I happily will comment and brighten up someone elses day if I feel like it :wink:
  • twelfty
    Options
    your correct, of course. BUT sometimes its just fun and nice to say something nice to someone and maybe hear something nice.
    we should all play nice :)
    and for the record, 9 would date, would bang lol. x

most definately bang, date and marry, god damn!
  • amyjax
    Options
    A lot of people on here have self esteem issues, and to be told they are attractive or whatever really can make their day, why spoil the fun, you never know the person could be totally honest when they say this as well.

Exactly. A lot of people have self esteem issues, and subscribing to infantile "rating" systems where either getting a low score or getting a high score and then doubting it is hardly going to increase self esteem, is it? Anyway, if that's how you get your kicks by all means carry on, you're absolutely within your rights to do so just as others are within their rights to dislike the threads.
This discussion has been closed.