another fat shaming post

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I think the main problem is when people think that fat = ugly. Fat doesn't equal ugly. Hating yourself is ugly. Loving yourself is beautiful. You can be fat an love yourself and thus be beautiful. And you can be slim and healthy and hate yourself and thus be ugly.

#justsayin
    i had a roommie who thought like that. she once wrote in a letter "some of the girls in my sorority are fat, but the rest of us are pretty." i couldn't decide whether to be annoyed or laugh.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If I was ashamed of my larger self I wouldn't let anyone see the pictures.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    O.O this is my first post that didn't die right away!!!
    I don't think that they're fat shaming either because I don't see a problem with people wanting change. But if I was overweight and loved it, I would probably hate that society couldn't view me as more than a before picture.

Unless there's an after photo, most people just view it as a picture.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    It is true we should love ourselves no matter how fat we are but in the same aspect those who truly love themselves will lose the weight and be healthy. To truly love yourself means to want to be as healthy as you possibly can. Being fat is not healthy.

I cant wait to post my before and afters. I will be so proud of my success and I want everyone else to give me kudos cuz it makes me feel good.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I find it very motivating, if others find it otherwise they can just not look at them!
    I can somewhat understand her point about women's issues, beauty ideals are often brought up in feminism debates. I think the important thing to note is the individual's reasoning for losing the weight and if they are truly doing it for themselves.

I definitely don't think people post their progress pictures with the intention of fat-shaming and I haven't yet seen comments on these threads about how awful the person looked before, it's always been a focus on congratulations and encouragement and compliments to their hard work.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It is true we should love ourselves no matter how fat we are but in the same aspect those who truly love themselves will lose the weight and be healthy. To truly love yourself means to want to be as healthy as you possibly can. Being fat is not healthy.

I cant wait to post my before and afters. I will be so proud of my success and I want everyone else to give me kudos cuz it makes me feel good.

I'm here to cheer you on now! I'll be there to celebrate you then, too.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options

:heart: :love: :heart: :smokin: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :devil:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

:heart: :love: :heart: :smokin: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :devil:

:drinker: :blushing: :tongue: :happy: :laugh: :glasses: