"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Been married 12 years and we still say I love you every day, multiple times a day, even on days we may fight.

And I tell my son I love him about a 1000 times a day, he must think I am nuts. I don't recall anyone ever saying it to me as a kid so I want to make sure he remembers! :)
    Yeah, I think that, at first, I said it a lot more than he did. Now he says it all the time too and adds in these cute little tidbits here & there. And he's Soooooooooooo not a cutesie kind of guy. lol I tell my kids all the time, too.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Well, she can't speak, but as soon as I walk in the door she jumps up on me and acts like she can't believe I actually came back, and then she licks my face. :heart:
    Hehehe :flowerforyou:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My Wife always tells me that she loves me and that without me she doesnt know where she would be and that I mean the world to her :)
    Very cool. :smile:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband comes home from work every day and greets me with a "Heeeey Gorgeous!" I like to call him Beau-friend. It's corny, but I like it. :heart:
    That's really very sweet, even the corny part! :wink:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    we've been married for 25 years :) He's my best friend! About a month ago we were walking out of church. We were going out a side door so we could stop at the bathroom before we went home. I was in front of him (in a hurry) and he wistled at me. :) I turned around wondering who was whistling and at what/who. It was me it made me feel so special!
    then when we text back and forth and he says I love you gigantic all in caps :)
    It really does seem like the littlest things are the ones that touch us the most. :blushing:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    My previously married wife likes to tell me "Third Time's a Charm"
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I read through every single one of your stories!! I can just feel the love within all of your relationships! and it's amazing! :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    -My boyfriend surprises me with flowers when I least expect it, and it melts my heart every time, he says "Just so you know you're special to me, even on non-special days" :smooched:
    -We hold hands while driving and he kisses the back of my hand every once in a while, or massages my neck, or thigh... :heart:
    -He's the primary cook in our household, (and he's absolutely amazing at it! I know I'm a very very lucky girl :bigsmile: ) but even as he cooks, he'll remember I don't like certain things and caters to my likes by saying "Ohhh we should have chicken and peas, oh but you don't like peas so we will eat broccoli" or something like that. Same goes for ordering at restaurants, let's just say, he knows what I like and my preferences :love:
    -The best one in my mind though, is when we've discussed our future careers, marriage, economics, future kids, etc... He said to me once "I may not be sure of everything I want in this lifetime, but the one and only thing I'm sure of is that I always want you by my side." absolutely speechless after that. :smooched:
  • SloRunner25
    SloRunner25 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My partner and I are huge nerds, most recently obsessed with The Game of Thrones, and the other day he called me "his sun and stars", a quote from the books / show, which is said to my favourite character. I melted, not going to lie. x3

^ LOVE this! I called my husband "moon of my life" and told him I'll love him until "the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the rivers run dry, and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves" the one day and made HIM melt. :smooched:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    my daughter knows I am very poetic so she says I love you more than all the stars in the sky.
    So sweet that she wanted to find a way of saying it to you that seemed much more poetic. :smile:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My boyfriend is not a super mushy guy either. One of the sweetest things he ever did is write me a letter on my birthday. He wrote lots of sweet things, my favorites were that he would be lost without me and the best part of his day is coming home to me. He says "he loves me more than I will ever know". Im about to cry typing this, so one can imagine my reaction when I read it the first time.
    Mine has written me one letter, ever... And the things he said, they can still make me get all teary & emo because they're so sweet. I get it. That's very cool!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    "I would eat you like bacon."

I'm a romantic.
    Hahaha See, I wouldn't mind hearing that one from my guy, either!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Not the same, but my brother and my mother always get into these teasing 'arguments' (they're just joking with one another, you see), about, "I love you more," "That's impossible," "No it's not, I love you more than you could ever love me," etc. I know it's not the same, it's just funny when I see it, and it's fun for them and something they do... :)
    It's still sweet! :happy:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband once stroked the hair by my neck until I fell asleep, it was such a comforting feeling :) We also lift together and he always makes my protein shake just right :)

Best my ex could say was "Love you with all of my penis" Which wasn't much :laugh:
    That's very sweet... :flowerforyou:

And on the ex, how unfortunate for him. :wink:
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My bf is not the mushy type and rarely affectionate, so it always gives me butterflies when we're out in public and he puts his arm around me or rubs my back. He compared us to an old married couple one time. I said "We've only been dating for 7 months and we've already reached the routine/monotonous stage?!". He replied "Isn't that the point? Finding someone you can be like that with and not get bored of each other?".
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I think my parents knew I was serious when I willingly gave him food off of my plate to try, and when I asked him one day "Can you get us something to drink?" meaning we'd share a cup. I have been known to get angry when someone tries to get me to share my food and drink, but with him I will gladly share anything :)
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I'm definitely not the mushy one- but he is allllll for that! When a friend compliments me, he'll grab me and say "Mine!" or how he surprises me at work, or when he kisses my forehead when we are waiting in lines, or silly things like picking me up and running down the street with me on his shoulder. He's also very vocal about his affection for me, and I always get flustered trying to find as nice of things to say back and he just laughs and hugs me, telling me he knows I care deeply for him. It's hard to be say what I want to say around him!

God, I miss him. Two months down, seven-ish to go until Basic training and tech school is over and done and we can argue and cuddle and just talk again.
    He sounds like a very demonstrative man! And it sounds like that's just how you like him to be! I hope the rest of your time apart passes quickly!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My husband says "can I keep you?" I love it.
    That's adorable. :smile:
  • KateHill1981
    KateHill1981 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Everyday she tells me good night, good work, I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Do you reply "As you wish"???
  • mariposa224
    Options
    We were watching some show about couples and somebody said "he/she is my rock". I asked my husband if I was his rock, and without skipping a beat he said, "Oh yeah. Without a doubt. You're definitely my rock. I don't know what I'd do without you". We're not overly sentimental, so I don't hear this a lot. It was sweet.
    Things like that are just wonderful to hear, aren't they? :love:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    When I say good night to my daughter and I go to close the door, I always say "love you to the moon and back" and she always says "love you to the park and back" :smooched: love my Princess :heart:
    Hehehe cute!