"I love you more..."

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am lucky because my husband likes to leave me notes a few days a week in front of my coffee maker. When I get up in the morning, I get to read a note from him about how much he loves me.

Right after we were married, he was looking through our wedding book and in the comments section he wrote "you're stuck with me forever". 21 married years later, I am still stuck with him. And I'm okay with that.

We both are very touchy-feely, so we are always holding hands or snuggled up together. I fall asleep so easily every night because he's spooning me. We tell each other "I love you" several times a day and just before falling asleep.

He'll look at me and just smile and tell me how beautiful I am. That one always melts my heart.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I talk about kids and marriage all the time. I love it when he calls me Mrs. Schoene. He will call me on the phone, and say, "can I speak with Mrs. Schoene?" and I say, "this is Mrs. Schoene" and he gets all giddy. It's super cute.

Also, he will randomly text me, "you're mine" and I get all happy lol. I love when he tells me he misses me. there's just something about it when a man says it first.
    That's true. Mine doesn't say that much... But when he gets home after being out on a drill ship for a month, I sure can TELL he missed me! :blushing: Hahaha
  • mariposa224
    Options
    my boyfriend and I are long distance, but I talk to him everyday through skype and cellphones, and every night i'll call him on my phone and we'll talk until one of us falls asleep, and when it's me i'll wake up in the morning to text messages of him telling me how much he loves me and how much I mean to him, and that he can sleep with peace now knowing my voice was the last thing he heard before he went to sleep. It makes me feel so special to have him.
    Very sweet.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My previously married wife likes to tell me "Third Time's a Charm"
    lol
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh! So envious! Last time I heard something like that was when I woke to my ex
    boyfriend sleeping on my lower back telling me he loved the way I smelled. :)
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    D'aaaaaaww!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I read through every single one of your stories!! I can just feel the love within all of your relationships! and it's amazing! :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    -My boyfriend surprises me with flowers when I least expect it, and it melts my heart every time, he says "Just so you know you're special to me, even on non-special days" :smooched:
    -We hold hands while driving and he kisses the back of my hand every once in a while, or massages my neck, or thigh... :heart:
    -He's the primary cook in our household, (and he's absolutely amazing at it! I know I'm a very very lucky girl :bigsmile: ) but even as he cooks, he'll remember I don't like certain things and caters to my likes by saying "Ohhh we should have chicken and peas, oh but you don't like peas so we will eat broccoli" or something like that. Same goes for ordering at restaurants, let's just say, he knows what I like and my preferences :love:
    -The best one in my mind though, is when we've discussed our future careers, marriage, economics, future kids, etc... He said to me once "I may not be sure of everything I want in this lifetime, but the one and only thing I'm sure of is that I always want you by my side." absolutely speechless after that. :smooched:
    Up there with the best quotes EVER in my book! That is as it should be!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    We met online, long distance brings out the mush in you because talking is most of what you can do. I flew out to see him the first time, to London UK and he doesn't like to travel much because he hates planning it (I now have to do all the planning otherwise it doesn't happen). So I was already chuffed about the original trip and then he surprise takes me to Paris for a couple days and it's mushy as fu@k, I had the best time! We have lived together now for a couple years and he and I still do all kinds of dorky things together like teach ourselves to make each others favorite foods. We snuggle up and watch nerdy shows like Adventure Time and Doctor Who together. He always makes me breakfast and even weighs out my food so I can log it. We are pretty gross, in private but keep it mostly under wraps in public. <3

Replace London with Connecticut and skip the part about Paris and this could have been my story! lol
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend calls me "baby goose". Because when i get mad it's so unintimidating i look like a goose with ruffled feathers.

He doesn't really curse at me.... but one time he got reaaaallly mad at me and went "you LITTLE BABY GOOSE!" all serious. XD
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My bf is not the mushy type and rarely affectionate, so it always gives me butterflies when we're out in public and he puts his arm around me or rubs my back. He compared us to an old married couple one time. I said "We've only been dating for 7 months and we've already reached the routine/monotonous stage?!". He replied "Isn't that the point? Finding someone you can be like that with and not get bored of each other?".
    That reminds me of when we went to Cali to visit his family. We were in Old Sacramento, walking around with his parents and some other family members. We were holding hands & he noticed then that his parents were also holding hands. He seemed to think it was because of us, as apparently he doesn't remember his parents being like that before (they've been married for close to 40 years). lol Very cool story. :flowerforyou:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I think my parents knew I was serious when I willingly gave him food off of my plate to try, and when I asked him one day "Can you get us something to drink?" meaning we'd share a cup. I have been known to get angry when someone tries to get me to share my food and drink, but with him I will gladly share anything :)
    Yep, mine will even share his Thin Mints with me if I ask. :laugh:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I am lucky because my husband likes to leave me notes a few days a week in front of my coffee maker. When I get up in the morning, I get to read a note from him about how much he loves me.

Right after we were married, he was looking through our wedding book and in the comments section he wrote "you're stuck with me forever". 21 married years later, I am still stuck with him. And I'm okay with that.

We both are very touchy-feely, so we are always holding hands or snuggled up together. I fall asleep so easily every night because he's spooning me. We tell each other "I love you" several times a day and just before falling asleep.

He'll look at me and just smile and tell me how beautiful I am. That one always melts my heart.
    I'm warm-blooded & put off heat. He's cold a lot. When we get into bed, he likes to refer to me as his "little electric blanket." I'm half his size. lol
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

I'm warm-blooded & put off heat. He's cold a lot. When we get into bed, he likes to refer to me as his "little electric blanket." I'm half his size. lol

LOL. Mine calls me his furnace.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    My boyfriend calls me "baby goose". Because when i get mad it's so unintimidating i look like a goose with ruffled feathers.

He doesn't really curse at me.... but one time he got reaaaallly mad at me and went "you LITTLE BABY GOOSE!" all serious. XD
    This gave me a giggle. I think it's sweet that he didn't call you something much worse if he was that angry! Kudos! :drinker:
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Everyday she tells me good night, good work, I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Do you reply "As you wish"???

I actually wasnt kidding. She does say this a lot. And yes, we are movie nerds. My response varies. Sometimes it is "Inconceivable!!!!" and sometimes it is "You mock me once, never do it again......"

Maybe she is not my real wife. Maybe my real wife has been retired 15 years and living like a queen in Patagonia.
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We've been together 21-years.
    He almost never calls me by name.
    He doesn't yell across the house he just comes to me.
    When he calls we just start talking like the conversation never stopped.
    So strangely when he says my name I get all silly.
    Perhaps I should raise the romance bar a bit. HA!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    I call mine by name far more often then he calls me by name. I can't remember the last time he called me "Jenni" or "Jen," it's pretty much always "babe" or "baby," sometimes "hun" or "honey." He gets a lot of "Robert" from me when I'm mildly annoyed. He goes by Rob, but I mostly call him "babe," "honey," or "hun." I wish he wouldn't yell across the house! lol "BABE!" Hahaha
  • _Xtine
    _Xtine Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I call mine by name far more often then he calls me by name. I can't remember the last time he called me "Jenni" or "Jen," it's pretty much always "babe" or "baby," sometimes "hun" or "honey." He gets a lot of "Robert" from me when I'm mildly annoyed. He goes by Rob, but I mostly call him "babe," "honey," or "hun." I wish he wouldn't yell across the house! lol "BABE!" Hahaha

We don't have nicknames either. Maybe that's why the bar is so low. If he called me honey or baby I'd probably roll my eyes. So I guess I don't give him any room. Gah, I suck. ;)
  • mariposa224
    Options

We don't have nicknames either. Maybe that's why the bar is so low. If he called me honey or baby I'd probably roll my eyes. So I guess I don't give him any room. Gah, I suck. ;)
    lol With mine, it's honestly like my name is "Babe." Like it's a given name or something. lol I'm just used to it. It's almost like if he calls me by name... I would probably think I was in trouble.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My husband sends me dirty texts through the day. It reminds me of when we were dating and couldn't keep our hands off each other. It's a turn on ♥