Over 200 New Year New Me Part 20

Options

Replies

• raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    WARNING TMI*****
    I just wanted to share this with you gals.Even though the scale hasn't budged yet or according to measurements my inches haven't gone down any more.I look like my waist is getting much smaller and I can feel my abs now.WOOOOOHOOO for Cardio Max with Bob working me out for a six pack YAYYYYYYY!! Anyways I noticed something in the mirror today right before I weighed myself.Now I know for women on here who have had a few babies they know what I am talking about.You know the skin/fat that hangs over your WHOWHO and you haven't been able to see your WHOWHO for years because of it:laugh: Well gals for the first time in almost 5 years:noway: :noway: I saw my WHOWHO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .So maybe with some more ab workouts it will eventually be gone for good lol.Ok I am done talking about my WHOWHO lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That was a definite well needed laugh! I am so glad that you found it again!

Julie - You are funny! But so know what you mean!! Yeah for seeing less fat and more bones! :laugh:

Jess - Happy to hear you found your collar bones too! I haven't seen mine since HS. I think and in 2 weeks is our 10 yr reunion!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    awestfall -- the snickers protein bars are YUMMY! I like the Dark Chocolate crunch one the best. The almond one was disappointing to me and the peanut butter energy one isn't quite as good & has more cals (but also a little more protein).
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Im glad im in an office alone or people would think I was crazy just sitting here laughing :laugh: :laugh:
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Im glad im in an office alone or people would think I was crazy just sitting here laughing :laugh: :laugh:

Lucky you! I'm not. My manager always looks at me like I'm nuts when I bust out laughing. Then he realizes I'm on here...I love that he doesn't care!

lildebbie-You will see those scars again! For me...I dropped weight up top sooo quickly. It's the bottom half that I'm seeing move very slowly.

LIttleSpy-I'll have to try the dark chocolate one. I think I had some peanut butter crunch or something. Not too sure what it was!
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    so I just remembered, the weirdest thing happened to me when I was on the ellipical yesterday. My toes started to get all tingley like they were falling asleep. Anybody have this problem? Or know what causes it?
  • cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    so I just remembered, the weirdest thing happened to me when I was on the ellipical yesterday. My toes started to get all tingley like they were falling asleep. Anybody have this problem? Or know what causes it?

that's been happening to me...but it happens more to my hand, i lose feeling and its tingly and weird.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options

that's been happening to me...but it happens more to my hand, i lose feeling and its tingly and weird.

I googled tingley feet. I really shouldn't do things liek this! But it had on there it could from a underactive thyroid, to all these diseases to this

Foot Tingling: It Could Be Related to Exercise

Have you recently started a rigorous exercise program that involves a lot of repetitive trauma to the feet? Vigorous jumping or running for long distances can cause temporary irritation to the superficial nerves that line the bottom of the feet, leading to foot irritation and tingling. It can also be caused by wearing shoes that are too tight. This usually resolves with proper footwear and rest. Tingling of the feet can also arise from entrapment conditions involving the legs. This occurs when the muscles, ligaments or tendons in the lower extremities become inflamed and swollen from repetitive use causing pain, tingling, or numbness.

I'm going with that one since it's only while working out!
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options

Hey, I"m back!

Awestfall: so funny...yesterday that is all I kept hearing on New Jersey Housewives...relating to that area..and this morning i read about ti today...You make me laugh girl.

Jess: I get the same thing after about 30 minutes on the Elliptical my toes go numb/tingley. I usually move my foot off the pedal when it's on stride..and that usually helps. I think my toes/foot falls asleep because it's not moving. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Be back after I take my shower.
  • Positively_Me
    Options

That is so odd. My hands swell up on the treadmill or anykind of real walking and my feet tingle on the elliptical and gazzle
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Last post this morning!

What really drives my crazy is "abscess." Every time i do extream workout for long period of time and sweat a ton...a couple days or a week later i get a bump either on my leg/thigh..it becomes itchy ( almost like a misqito bite) and then the next day it swells up and is all numb...collecting pus. I went to the doctor many times because of this and they give me antibiotics to cure it. the doctor said it's all do to my sweat glands.senstive to my own sweat or it could be a clogged hair follicules..

Does anyone else get this??? ANd what do you do?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I get tingly feet on the gazelle. Well, not just tingly feet -- excruciatingly painful feet. with or without shoes. I think it's just the motion and the not moving your feet around at all thing. Even on a bike, you can move your feet around on the pedals.
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    So glad to hear I'm not the only one experience weird things!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    WARNING TMI*****
    I just wanted to share this with you gals.Even though the scale hasn't budged yet or according to measurements my inches haven't gone down any more.I look like my waist is getting much smaller and I can feel my abs now.WOOOOOHOOO for Cardio Max with Bob working me out for a six pack YAYYYYYYY!! Anyways I noticed something in the mirror today right before I weighed myself.Now I know for women on here who have had a few babies they know what I am talking about.You know the skin/fat that hangs over your WHOWHO and you haven't been able to see your WHOWHO for years because of it:laugh: Well gals for the first time in almost 5 years:noway: :noway: I saw my WHOWHO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: .So maybe with some more ab workouts it will eventually be gone for good lol.Ok I am done talking about my WHOWHO lol:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Mine is a little more conspicuous these days, too. I used to think I had the biggest pubic mound ever. I mean, what kind of crunches do you have to do to get rid of that?! :huh:
    But it's gotten MUCH smaller recently since my hip bones have started poking out.

I still can't get used to all these bones sticking out everywhere. I'm constantly banging them on stuff or each other. Being less fat is very painful
    LMAO The way you put it as being a "MOUND" was much more hilarious than a WHOWHO!!!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - that happens to me, before my toes would become completely numb, but my shoes didn't fit, i finally got some good shoes that fit this weekend (way more than i wanted to spend, but figure if i go everyday it is better to have shoes that fit), now these shoes aren't squeezing my toes and i have a room to wiggle them around so they don't go numb like they did...but now my bottoms sometimes will go a little numb on the arc trainer...same concept as the elliptical...i try to move my feet a round a litle on the petals to help with that some.

I am tired of this water weight ...i liked my number on the scale last week sooo well :smile: My goal is to do 100 oz of water today (that is unheard of me, i think the most i got was like 60oz)...i have been better about getting waqter (since i used to get nada)..but going to try to really hard get over 100....
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    Jess - that happens to me, before my toes would become completely numb, but my shoes didn't fit, i finally got some good shoes that fit this weekend (way more than i wanted to spend, but figure if i go everyday it is better to have shoes that fit), now these shoes aren't squeezing my toes and i have a room to wiggle them around so they don't go numb like they did...but now my bottoms sometimes will go a little numb on the arc trainer...same concept as the elliptical...i try to move my feet a round a litle on the petals to help with that some.

I am tired of this water weight ...i liked my number on the scale last week sooo well :smile: My goal is to do 100 oz of water today (that is unheard of me, i think the most i got was like 60oz)...i have been better about getting waqter (since i used to get nada)..but going to try to really hard get over 100....

Stupid question? What's an arc trainer and the gazzel?

LilDebbie-You will get to that 100 oz. Stay glued to your water bottle. I have a big pink one that I have sit RIGHT next to me! Once you are use to getting 100oz it wont be any problem at all! Drink up! :drinker:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    awestfall -- the snickers protein bars are YUMMY! I like the Dark Chocolate crunch one the best. The almond one was disappointing to me and the peanut butter energy one isn't quite as good & has more cals (but also a little more protein).
    Thanks for the info on the protein bars I am definitely going to try them out.
  • elmox
    elmox Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LOVING this thread this morning - good for laughs and also good to know I'm not the only one who feels my toes/feet tingling on the elliptical and the arc trainer.

I've found that when I change where I'm putting the most pressure on the elliptical (usually it's on the toes), then it helps. I'll put more pressure on my heels or change direction and go backwards.

Jess, Arc Trainer:
    http://www.google.com/products?q=arc+trainer+cybex&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GZEZ_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Y_f7S6CCM8L-8AaNqJjfBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEMQzAMwAg

Gazelle:
    http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GZEZ_en-GB&q=gazelle+exercise+equipment&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=oPf7S4KCJoH58AaFvIngBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CDkQzAMwAA

You know I have no idea how to post pics, so you'll have to go to the links. :tongue:
  • RedneckWmn
    Options
    LOVING this thread this morning - good for laughs and also good to know I'm not the only one who feels my toes/feet tingling on the elliptical and the arc trainer.

I've found that when I change where I'm putting the most pressure on the elliptical (usually it's on the toes), then it helps. I'll put more pressure on my heels or change direction and go backwards.

Jess, Arc Trainer:
    http://www.google.com/products?q=arc+trainer+cybex&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GZEZ_en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=Y_f7S6CCM8L-8AaNqJjfBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CEMQzAMwAg

Gazelle:
    http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7GZEZ_en-GB&q=gazelle+exercise+equipment&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=oPf7S4KCJoH58AaFvIngBQ&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CDkQzAMwAA

You know I have no idea how to post pics, so you'll have to go to the links. :tongue:

Those both look so neat!! I might fall off though. It took me forever to get the hang of the elliptical! Thank you for the links!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - I love the arc trainer. I never had been on one till the gym we go to now. It almost is kind of a in between elliptcia/stair stepper, you can do like small steps like stair stepper , or wider movements or even wider movements. I found i burn much more calories than the treadmil and is much much easier on my knees and ankles

I have this cup that i got for mother's day...i love it, it is insultated so it doesn't get wet puddle all over my desk ...i put a little ice so it + water is like 18oz... my problem is a fiill it and i forget to drink it getting busy doing something...but i am making an effort and on my 3rd one this morning. Since the last 2 weeks i have STOPPPED yes STOPPED drinking diet coke during the day (okay except yesterday i was dead in the morning and needed caffeine). I only have it in the evening ...that is a huge huge improvement as i use to go through (just during the day like 4-5 cokes). i Drink a couple at night...but usally force myself to finish my last thing of water first.
  • raiderape
    raiderape Posts: 300
    Options
    I haven't experienced the tingling feet yet but I do have tingling in my hands. Not always but sometimes. My Chiro says that after doing a repitive motion that sometimes it can cut off circulation. He always tells me to try and move my hands in different ways to help with that. But I am not sure with the feet.

lildeb - You can do it with the water!! I know you can! Once you get used to drinking it so much you don't really notice how much you drink. Today I actually realized that I wasn't accounting for all of the water that I was drinking. At my desk I have a 32 oz insulated cup and fill it up at least 3 times a day so that is 96 oz there by itself and I drink at least 5 or 6 glass at home. I am really shocked that I don't float away! Everyone at work makes fun of how much water I drink but I don't care. I actually don't drink much sodas as I use to so it is good. After you drink a lot of water your body won't crazy the sodas as much. Good Luck with your water!!