Is this the worst that can happen to me?

Options

Replies

• CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    i've heard this term "contemplating your navel" used to describe people so wrapped up in themselves. everything that goes on with them is blown out of proportion because they're not looking up to see the rest of the world, they're just focused on their navel.

i dont think the op is talking about everyone. if i'm correct, the op is talking about those out there that think what is going on with them, ie, i ate 300 cal over, i'm didnt lose any weight, etc., is the worst thing that happened to them that day. instead of looking around and seeing that, no its not. its just a bump in the road.

bumps happen. we dont have to whine about every bump. sometimes its better to have the bump, learn from it, and move on. not everything that happens to us needs to be voiced.

EXACTLY WHAT I AM SAYING! Well said.
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    I think the morale of the story is "if u don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything ",,

I'm with whatever Switzerland

No, that was Thumper's father's rule for him as a young rabbit.

It may or may not always apply to adults have a discussion on the internet...

...and every disagreement is not necessarily not "nice".

This is motivation and support,,,work hard , play nice,
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    MAN people get nasty on here! whoa.
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    OP thank you for posting this. Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    tumblr_lxyhzfYerM1r6de9wo1_500.jpg
    i like the way you think

What a cute dog! Is this an American Eskimo pup?
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, here's why you're an *kitten*. Even having this problem with the forums is one of those petty issues you just can't stand reading about because kids have died. Go flip sand.

And this is why you've been reported.
    Don't care. People are venting on a fitness site about how hard becoming fit can be and you're ragging on them for it. Just...marinate on that. Oh and look through your stupid thread and read responses from newer people who now think they shouldn't post because their issues are invalid. Awesome!
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    HTFU people!

Aww look at your cute pink phone :)

You're supposed to be looking at my bicep sweetie!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    Options
    Hey OP, here's why you're an *kitten*. Even having this problem with the forums is one of those petty issues you just can't stand reading about because kids have died. Go flip sand.

Don't care. People are venting on a fitness site about how hard becoming fit can be and you're ragging on them for it. Just...marinate on that. Oh and look through your stupid thread and read responses from newer people who now think they shouldn't post because their issues are invalid. Awesome!

Yeahhhh, now you've been reported twice.
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options

and you're commenting on her being nasty by being nasty to her. these forums can be so bizarre.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of posts that are written in panic mode: I ate 300 more calories than I should! I've worked out all week long and haven't lost a pound! My fingers feel fat! WHAT DO I DO?

Folks, let's put some proper perspective about life back into the equation. NONE of the above situations are life threatening and critical.

I've led a very fortunate life free of major health problems. I'm not here to lose a lot of weight, I'm here to become healthier.

If you think about it, there are problems greater than calorie overages. For example, have you ever had to watch a child die from cancer? I have. Have you had to deal with a student whose father killed his mother, then turned the gun on himself? I have. Have you ever had to attend the funeral of a two-year old? I have.

Every time I'm faced with a plateau, or my progress seems to have stopped, or I go over my calories, or I am experiencing a lack of motivation, I ask myself: "Is this really the worst that can happen to me?" And the answer always is, NO.

Let's put some perspective back in our lives. For some people, being overweight is a life threatening situation. And I don't include them in this post. But, for those who worry about these things for vanity's sake, it's time to stop whining and start asking yourself: "Is this the worst that can happen to me?".

I bet the answer is also NO.

have you ever had to watch a movie with adam sandler in it? I have. have you ever run out of toilet paper half way through a serious bowel movement? I have. have you ever shared too much information and used the martyr card? ive done the former, but you are guilty of both the former and the latter.

since when were these things a badge of honour?

"hey dude, guess what, you know my friend jimmy, yeh he died the other day, i TOTALLY CRUSHED THAT GRIEF, so harden up and do ten reps, cause your life is now invalid until you have seen such tragedy"

no. no not at all. not really. not ever.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Yeahhhh, now you've been reported twice.
    Yeah I don't blame you really; in your shoes I'd be fussy too. But neither you nor I are the sum of this rotten convo on this awful thread so we'll both live to post another day! EXCALIBUR!!!!
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options

have you ever had to watch a movie with adam sandler in it? I have. have you ever run out of toilet paper half way through a serious bowel movement? I have. have you ever shared too much information and used the martyr card? ive done the former, but you are guilty of both the former and the latter.

since when were these things a badge of honour?

"hey dude, guess what, you know my friend jimmy, yeh he died the other day, i TOTALLY CRUSHED THAT GRIEF, so harden up and do ten reps, cause your life is now invalid until you have seen such tragedy"

no. no not at all. not really. not ever.

you. are the one who rocks.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    If you have to talk about how tough your life is in order to tell someone to sack up...

Youre-Doing-It-Wrong.gif

(oh, and you're also undermining the seriousness of what you or someone else went through...but mostly you're just doing it wrong)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    OP, you can't win the pain olympics. your pain isn't greater than mine, and your grief isn't stronger than mine. let people complain.

i for one love when people say things like "this is the worst thing i've ever experienced" when they're talking about not fitting into a bridesmaid dress, or couldn't keep up with jillian micheals in a dvd. why?

because i'm happy that their life hasn't been hard yet. because undoubtedly it will be. and i vaguely remember how simple and easy my life was once. and i wish it had lasted longer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP, you can't win the pain olympics. your pain isn't greater than mine, and your grief isn't stronger than mine. let people complain.

i for one love when people say things like "this is the worst thing i've ever experienced" when they're talking about not fitting into a bridesmaid dress, or couldn't keep up with jillian micheals in a dvd. why?

because i'm happy that their life hasn't been hard yet. because undoubtedly it will be. and i vaguely remember how simple and easy my life was once. and i wish it had lasted longer.

tumblr_mj1levBwqV1s7r7sno1_500.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I wonder where the line is 'supposed' to be drawn? Apparently people are not supposed to vent about anything short of a significant life changing tragedy to follow the logic through to its conclusion...however, I wonder what tragedies 'qualify'. Maybe we need a points system.

Edited to fix typo
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Soooooo......

Is it whinge or whine? I'm so confused!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Soooooo......

Is it whinge or whine? I'm so confused!

Both. They are the same thing.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options
    The message is fine, the delivery put me off.

Whatevs.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Someone posting a 'omg I ate a cookie now what?!' thred isn't the end of the world either, so get over it.