Grilled Chicken wrap with no sauce - 320 cals

Arby's -
    Farmhouse Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Italian Dressing - 270 cals

Applebees -
    Grilled Jalapeno Lime Shrimp - 300 cals
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's
    Crispy Chicken Sandwich (value menu) W/O Mayo- 330 calories
    Small fries- 320 calories
    Small chilli with cheese- 270
    Diet Coke or water- 0 calories
    Meal calorie total= 920 calories

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful

No single food is "fattening".

I have a go to option at all of the fast food places. I don't particularly like greasey stuff anyway so my preferences tend to be lower cals. (so I get more of them :smile:)

Go watch that documentary where the guy eats McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for 30 days straight and get back to me about the "no single food is fattening". Case closed.

Here we go again.... You don't understand the laws of energy balance. By definition i must be fat as hell since i eat ice cream, cookies, poptarts and other processed foods.
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I didn't really read thru but I'm guessing the OPs thread is tounge in cheek however I really do love wendys & can easily fit it in to my calories in a day they have my favorite salads & the half size on its own is quite big the reg would be good for someone with a decent appetite. Fast food denfinately isn't an everyday option but it also isn't the complete evil people make it out to be as with everything moderation is key

Apple Pecan Chicken Salad full salad includes 2 pecan packets & 2 Pomegranate vinaigrette packets in the calorie count

Components included in calorie count : Iceberg, Romaine and Spring Mix, Apple Chunks, Dried Cranberries., Ultimate Chicken Grill Fillet, Blue Cheese Crumbles, Roasted Pecans, Pomegranate Vinaigrette Dressing

570 CALORIES
    7g FIBER
    37g PROTEIN

OR HALF SIZE Apple Pecan Chicken Salad includes 1 pecan packet & 1 Pomegranate vinaigrette packet in the calorie count

340 CALORIES
    4g FIBER
    19g PROTEIN
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's

If this is a serious post: There are better options at Wendy's than this. Get a small side salad or two, don't eat the croutons, eat half the salad dressing pack that comes with it. Drink water. If you must have the chicken: get the sandwich, nix the bun, cut up the chicken and put it on your salad. You'll probably be well under 500 calories with this.

Blowing 920 calories in one meal is kind of cray, IMO. Unless you exercise lots.
  • lizamichelle1
    lizamichelle1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can eat just one thing from the fast food menu. usually breakfast - egg mcmuffin - a favorite since child hood. My main problem is the high sodium of these foods. I have "perfect" blood work, etc from the doctor but still have high blood pressure. Probably stress, but I dont need to make it worse with salt.

I am working on spreading my calories through out the day.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    lmao you neither of you get what im saying.

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

Point is you will struggle to be at a cal deficit eating crap all day.

No, he set out to prove that fast food will make you fat. However, he failed miserably at his attempt because of the multiple variables and all the inaccuracies of his experiment.

Bottom line? He ate too many calories. He could've made better choices and not gained the weight.

No?

He ate just the same as everyday people eat when they order fast food. Just ordered the food as it appears on the menu.

Watch this video, Rob Riches knows more about this topic than 99% of you and he had to dissect mcdonalds before he would put it in his mouth. Worth it? Absolutely not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx9ktbFGQ8

Strong Rob Riches nuthugging. You do realize he has supplement sponsorships and if he were to cave in and say that it's ok to eat said food, it would kill his "credibility". I'll raise you Alberto Nunez, Eric Helms, Matt Ogus (Chipotle everyday), and many more who routinely eat out, just making sure it fits into their daily caloric allowances. You have much to learn about the fitness industry.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Wendy's

If this is a serious post: There are better options at Wendy's than this. Get a small side salad or two, don't eat the croutons, eat half the salad dressing pack that comes with it. Drink water. If you must have the chicken: get the sandwich, nix the bun, cut up the chicken and put it on your salad. You'll probably be well under 500 calories with this.

Blowing 920 calories in one meal is kind of cray, IMO. Unless you exercise lots.

Blowing calories? o.O I just had a full lunch, dinner and snacks for the day, easily with fitting Wendy's into that O.o Not everyone has the same calorie goals :P I eat 1400-1800 calories a day and exercise 5 days a week with heavy lifting. ^^ (didn't have breakfast because I never wake up) Even when I do wake up I can easily manage a 900 calorie meal and have breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I can eat just one thing from the fast food menu. usually breakfast - egg mcmuffin - a favorite since child hood. My main problem is the high sodium of these foods. I have "perfect" blood work, etc from the doctor but still have high blood pressure. Probably stress, but I dont need to make it worse with salt.

I am working on spreading my calories through out the day.

This is one thing that is really hard to control no matter where you go if you are eating fast food. I should work on my sodium levels more, but I am more concentrated on losing weight first and then working on that. ^^
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    It's all in what you order. I have go-to's at many fast food establishments:

Wendy's
    Ultimate Grilled Chicken sand
    Sm Chili
    Diet or water
    Cals - 600 64C/16F/51P

Arby's
    Lrg Roast Beef sand
    Cals - 560 47C/22F/45P
    (I typically get a few small roast beefs & combine them on 1 sm bun to further decrease the Carb & Fat)

KFC
    Grilled chicken - Cals depends on how much you eat, but pretty low
    Carbs almost none, Fat (minimal with light meat, reasonable with dark), Protein Lots & Lots

Others that are easy to make it fit are Chipotle, Qdoba, Trader Joe's. It's all in what you order.

General rules: stay away from creamy sauces or anything fried... or huge bread (depending on your current goal).
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    [/quote] My mother gets paid at the beginning of the month, buys groceries and we start to run out by the middle of the month. Both my parents work full time and when they get home, they prefer to go eat than make food or go out and have to buy food. I offer to go out and buy groceries but they rather go out. I make food when I can at home, but when we run out of food here, its go eat with my parents or don't eat. My parents make the money, and I have no decision over what is to be eaten. If you have a problem with this, too bad. I feel bad for people like you that just bash others on a whim. My family has always been one to go out than stay home and make food, kudos to you if you are different, I won't bash you about it though. If you really think going out to a super market, walking around the entire thing, coming home putting up groceries, and then having to make the food is easier than going somewhere eating and coming back home, you are mistaken. The point is not being lazy, the point is this is what you are saying is the same thing and not as tire some as the other. ^^
    [/quote]
    *****************************************************************************************************************************************
    I sorta had this issue when I was about your age, fresh from College. However, my dad had me figure out what I planned to cook for the week (oh yeah no freeloading LOL) then I had to make him a list of the ingredients needed from the store and he would go get them or take me to get them. Maybe you should try this with your parents......
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A

Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich 310 calories
    Medium Fruit Cup 60 Calories
    Medium Diet Lemonade 15 Calories
    Kraft Light Mayo packet 45

Total 430 Calories
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wendy's

Small chili, dumped on a plain baked potato. (ice water to drink)

450 Calories. Around 800mg of sodium is a little high,
    but I make up for it at dinner.

Subway 6" Black forest ham loaded with veggies.

280 calories. Again it's 820mg in sodium which is why
    I don't eat it every day. Keep the sodium down by getting
    veggies that don't have a lot of sodium. (anything pickled)
    I'll throw on some black olives, which add 20mg.
  • Briana_RN
    Briana_RN Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To OP:

I don't eat fast food often but here are my healthier favorites:

Breakfast:
    Starbucks Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwich - 320 cal (fat 7g, sodium 700mg, carbs 43g, fiber 3g, sugar 6g, protein 18g)
    (or)
    Starbucks blueberry oatmeal (with all toppings - blueberries, nuts, agave nectar) - 340 cal

Lunch:
    Starbucks Zesty Chicken salad - 360 cal (fat 15g, sodium 850mg, carbs 38g, fiber 8g, sugar 9g, protein 19g)
    (or)
    Starbucks Protein bistro box (boiled egg, white cheddar, honey peanut butter spread, multi grain muesli bread, apples, and grapes) - 380 cal (fat 19g, sodium 470mg, carbs 37g, fiber 5g, sugar 19g, protein 13g)

Dinner:
    Chipotle burrito bowl - black beans, chicken, fajita veggies, pico, corn salsa, lettuce, and guac - 585 cal (NO rice, cheese or sour cream) - chipotle has a nutrition values calculator on their website so you can plan ahead.

I try to keep my meals under 400 cal each because my allotment is only 1450/day. But sometimes I do a little more, especially on my hard workout days.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Subway: 6" turkey w/ spinach, green peppers, tomato and mustard. Don't feel like a horrible person for eating fast food. I try to stay away from fast food, to so I pack a lovely, healthy lunch the night before but I get up at 5 am and sometimes I walk right out the door and forget it! I work 12 hour shifts and not eating is not an option. So it is either vending machine candy and chips or fast food that I can con one of my coworkers in running to get for me. I just drink extra water and work out a little harder. :)
    ^^ I get the same thing! As I recall, it's about 280 calories and tasty. I stay as far away from "burger joints" as I can because all I want is the french fries!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Op's post -> some helpful replies -> lots of fast-food hatred-> mention of Supersize Me -> BroScience -> butthurt -> thread gets locked.
    is that a prediction?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    lmao you neither of you get what im saying.

He had to eat 5000 fing cals a day to feel full not worry about his cal intake, just eating as normal.

The twinkie dork ate at a cal def. to prove a point that you can lose weight eating anything, i agree with that you can.

Point is you will struggle to be at a cal deficit eating crap all day.

No, he set out to prove that fast food will make you fat. However, he failed miserably at his attempt because of the multiple variables and all the inaccuracies of his experiment.

Bottom line? He ate too many calories. He could've made better choices and not gained the weight.

No?

He ate just the same as everyday people eat when they order fast food. Just ordered the food as it appears on the menu.

Watch this video, Rob Riches knows more about this topic than 99% of you and he had to dissect mcdonalds before he would put it in his mouth. Worth it? Absolutely not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJx9ktbFGQ8

I have no idea who that is but I'm going to hazard a guess that Lyle McDonald knows a little more about nutrition.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-to-a-fast-food-meal-compared-with-nutritionally-comparable-meals-of-different-composition-research-review.html
    This study basically backs up what I’ve been saying for years: a single fast food meal, within the context of a calorie controlled diet, is not death on a plate. It won’t destroy your diet and it won’t make you immediately turn into a big fat pile of blubber. And, frankly, this can be predicted on basic physiology (in terms of nutrient digestion) alone. It’s just nice to see it verified in a controlled setting.

It’s not uncommon for the physique obsessed to literally become social pariahs, afraid to eat out because eating out is somehow defined as ‘unclean’ (never mind that a grilled chicken breast eaten out is fundamentally no different than a grilled chicken breast cooked at home) and fast food is, of course, the death of any diet. This is in addition to the fact that apparently eating fast food makes you morally inferior as well. Well, that’s what bodybuilders and other orthorexics will tell you anyhow.

Except that it’s clearly not. Given caloric control, the body’s response to a given set of nutrients, with the exception of blood lipids would appear to be more determined by the total caloric and macro content of that meal more than the source of the food.

In terms of the hormonal response, clean vs. unclean just doesn’t matter, it’s all about calories and macros.

Which is what I’ve been saying all along.

Bro who cares what a scientist says in his study...rob riches walks the walk and looks the part (top fitness model), ill trust him and you trust that guy.

yea screw all that science crap ...everyone knows fitness models are wayyyyyy smarter than dumb old scientist's with PHD's and *kitten* ....

bahahahahahahah F'ing Really..come on man!
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

Wendy's

I think it's kind of cray to live on lettuce and water.
  • PrinnyMartel
    PrinnyMartel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The closest things by my work are Wendy's, McDonalds, and Taco Bell.

Wendy's:
    Jr Bacon burger - 400
    Baked potato - 270
    Total: 670

Taco Bell:
    Bean burrito: 370

McDonalds: Couple things off the dollar menu?
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Two fresco beef tacos from Taco Schmell are delicious and filling.

Wendy's: 5-piece nuggets and a side salad with light ranch dressing

McDonald's: Oatmeal or egg white McMuffin

Chipotle: Chicken tacos, no rice