Fast Food Meal Builder

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Go watch that documentary where the guy eats McDonalds for breakfast lunch and dinner for 30 days straight and get back to me about the "no single food is fattening". Case closed.
    The reason he gained so much weight was he was (reportedly) consuming approximately 5000 calories/day and basically living a sedentary lifestyle.

The whole documentary has been debunked. He had an agenda; he fulfulled it. Honesty? Not so much. I was a big fan of the movie too until I put my thinking cap on, checked into the real calorie amounts and found out things just didn't add up. He had to super size a hell of a lot more than he admitted to and I think the sodas probably did far more damage than the "food".

Should anyone be eating fast food? Not in my opinion, but creating a documentary that is a load of BS; I don't support that either.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's
    Crispy Chicken Sandwich (value menu) W/O Mayo- 330 calories
    Small fries- 320 calories
    Small chilli with cheese- 270
    Diet Coke or water- 0 calories
    Meal calorie total= 920 calories

If this is a serious post: There are better options at Wendy's than this. Get a small side salad or two, don't eat the croutons, eat half the salad dressing pack that comes with it. Drink water. If you must have the chicken: get the sandwich, nix the bun, cut up the chicken and put it on your salad. You'll probably be well under 500 calories with this.

Blowing 920 calories in one meal is kind of cray, IMO. Unless you exercise lots.

I think it's kind of cray to live on lettuce and water.

QFT

And why are 1,000 calorie meals blowing it? sheesh what if your daily goal is 3k? Such blanket statements from those that think they can only eat 1200 cals
  • Mmmmona
    Mmmmona Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So I am pretty sure I am not the only one out there where fast food is way more convenient than any other ways of getting food for myself, so I wanted to create a fast food meal builder thread! :D I know fast food is bad, and I do cook at home a good amount of the week, but sometimes its fast food! I also know how many calories fast food can be, and try to make the best filling/"healthier"/lower calorie meals. So I will share my own meal build and would like you guys to do the same, I'll get it started! :D One of my go-to places would be Wendy's, so this is what I would eat. They are always more calories than homemade food, but we gotta do what we gotta do! And Subway does count! This is a great way to alternate food options!

Wendy's

Homemade hamburger with cheese and mayo - 260 calories
    1 cup fries homemade - 185
    small homemade chili with cheese - 160 calories
    meal total : 605 calories

healthier food, less calories, less money
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Wendy's

Less sodium as well.

All true except for when out and about looking for convenience.

The McDonald's sausage egg and cheese muffin is really good.
    I'll eat maybe 5 at most in a year, just because I like them. hahaha
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options

Wendy's

Is this fast food? Doesn't look like it. ^^
  • Mmmmona
    Options

Wendy's

It's quite fast, about 15 minutes to make.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Homemade chili in 15 minutes? lol
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Homemade chili in 15 minutes? lol

Dang, I don't think I could do that in the pressure cooker!
  • hiyomi
    Options
    That's some fast chilli...
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Wendy's

15 minutes? That's not real chili.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I'm all for forward planning and bulk cooking but that is totally off topic.

On topic:

Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki 6" double meat is a go to of mine. Can't remember macros but it's about 450-500 cals with 60-70ish g of protein.

Also, for australians 97% FF dominos range is bloody good. 1000ish cals for a whole pizza.

http://www.dominos.com.au/media/49896/97__ff_nutritionals_au_march_2013.pdf
  • hiyomi
    Options

Wendy's

Yup. Throw it in the slow cooker in the morning (takes about five minutes to prep) and by the afternoon you will have a wonderful chili that only took a few minutes out of your day.

NO MORE EXCUSES PEOPLE! It doesn't take six hours to make a meal!

No more excuses, you have and never will be on topic.
  • MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you plan on eating "healthy" the rest of your life, that's fine. My grave marker/bench in a park will not say "She ate healthy!" Unless you are growing everything that you eat and making everything that you eat from scratch, all of us eat fast food, whether it is a pre-made tortilla that we use with our own ingredients, or one from Taco Bell. (Love that Fresco Menu!)

Personally, I do eat at fast food places, on occasion. I'd say about once per week, at the most, twice. I've scoped out their websites, have a list of items that I like and know I can eat and stay within my calories...and continue to lose my 1.5-2 lbs per week. I want to lose weight and ENJOY doing it!

At home, I work to make better choices, the 40 calorie beef hotdog vs. the 260 calorie one my husband eats. Though I'm NOT giving up the Nalley's Onion Chilli I put on it! HA! I love having my TWO Brach's Special Treasure candies at night as my treat. Heck, this is the same way I plan to eat in maintenance....and that is the key FOR ME!

Not only all bodies are different, all psyches are as well, which is what motivates us to lose weight and stick with our program. So if that is pure healthy for some, and pure fast food for others and somewhere in between for the rest...the goal is the same....lose weight, stay motivated and motivate others by our sharing.

Works for me! :flowerforyou:
  • Mmmmona
    Options

Wendy's

Yup. Throw it in the slow cooker in the morning (takes about five minutes to prep) and by the afternoon you will have a wonderful chili that only took a few minutes out of your day.

A lazy life is a wasted life. But you can only lead a horse to water, I can't make you drink... Have a nice life.
  • hiyomi
    Options

Wendy's

A lazy life is a wasted life. But you can only lead a horse to water, I can't make you drink... Have a nice life.

Okie, I'm lazy ^^ I go to school full time, work and exercise every day. I have a loving family, boyfriend and life. Have fun eating those 900 calories a day. :D Try and get that stick out while your at it.
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I cook for my family Sun - Fri. The kitchen is closed on Saturday and that is usally our go out to eat/fast food day. I know what exactly to get when I go and it fulfills the craving and keeps it at bay.

Subway

6" Turkey & Ham no cheese, all veggies with Mustard - 280
    Bowl of chicken noodle soup -100

Total: 380

Cheeseburger Happy Meal with Diet Coke - 530

3 soft tacos w/ Barbacoa, sour cream, cheese and salsa - 705

Fresco Burrito Supreme Steak - 350
    Fresco Soft Chicken Taco - 150

Total: 500

Large Chili - 270
    4 Pc spicy nuggets - 170
    Side salad w/Italian - 135

Total: 575

Yes, you can eat Fast food if you have a plan and don't go crazy and order the left side of the menu. It's all about what fits your caloric needs per day. I know clean eaters everywhere may scoff, but I'm human and I still want fast food.

50604c30303e2.gif
  • DeafLeapard
    DeafLeapard Posts: 76
    Options
    I prefer to be able to eat more with less calories by eating at home, instead of 2 items with an outrageous amount of calories..

However, if I absolutely have to do so, I'll always get the Southwest Chicken Salad from Jack In The Box.. that's my cocaine.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Preachy people make me chuckle. I had a large coffee coolata from Dunkin this morning. Every single calorie was tasty.
  • fastfoodv
    fastfoodv Posts: 41
    Options
    We can put together a healthy meal at a fast food restaurant, but we can also go the other way. The good news is that many fast food restaurants are including healthier options. One meal might be a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo, a side salad with low fat dressing and apple slices. Add in water and you’re set to go! Salads are also good choices, with grilled chicken, not the fried variety. Pair them with small fruit and yogurt parfaits or apple slices.

Fast food restaurants typically readily offer up nutrition information at the locations themselves as well as online. Many of their web sites allow you to customize your meal and receive the corresponding nutrition information.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Wendy's

Lol subway and wendys are fattening as hell...only real fast food is Chipotle and even then you have to be careful

I once found an animal claw in my Chipotle burrito. They offered me a new burrito. I have yet to return there.

i found an animal claw in a slim jim once. probably 7 years ago. i have yet to eat one since.