TMI - gym underwear

Options

Replies

• fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned before, but what about bike shorts?

I have been doing RPM classes at the gym and I now prefer to do my non-RPM workouts in bike shorts rather than my gym shorts with a built-in underpants. The bike shorts I use are proper cycling shorts with a cloth layer knitted into the crotch area for comfort which has the added benefit of your pants not riding up between your butt cheeks nor will you get an unwanted cameltoe.
    I find them far more comfortable and I don't have to worry about my gym shorts riding up and my shrink-wrapped 'bits' flopping out in front of the other gym users.
    All the best,

Ben

IMO, Bike shorts are great for when riding a bike, otherwise to me they remind me of the pads we are given in the hospital after childbirth---bulky and big and uncomfortable.

Commando all the way!!!!!!!!!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that there are so many people saying, "Who cares what you look like? As long as you're comfortable, panty lines don't matter!" There is nothing comfortable about your underpants rubbing (and possibly chafing) against your skin, other clothes, your workout equipment, etc.
    I think another lady said it best earlier when she said that she often goes commando to workout. And the rest of the time. Because why not? :)
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Camel toe is a shorts/pants issue, not underwear. If your bottoms are so tight that they are riding up into the holiest of holies, you need pants that fit looser.
    Meh, I like my shorts painted on.
    I like your shorts painted on, too...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secret's universal 1 size fits all cotton thong. I wear that under my compression shorts and it works mighty fine for me.

I bought them specifically to wear under workout clothes because they leave no line, no camel toe, and they are actually machine washable (unlike a lot of thongs which the spandex is destroyed by washing machines).

:)
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll take one for the team. If these were bigger, they'd ride down

5E4C52CB-0387-41F4-A50B-963A46CF2EC0-2364-000001436540CB0B_zps900e84ff.jpg
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    Options
    Oh. I see. You're a brave woman.

I like boy short undies when working out.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I generally just go commando with my Army PT shorts (the slinky ones with the liner), now after reading all this I'm wondering about if I have camel toe, and questioning every time someone has come up to me while working out and said "thank you for your service" :laugh: :laugh:
  • hungrywhodat
    hungrywhodat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Unexpected plot twist on page 7

What a thread.
  • Joyride81
    Joyride81 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nike running tights are made for going comando. No realy they have a build in.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

I could care less about panty lines. And I've never ever had an issue with underwear riding into my *kitten*. In fact, I could never imagine exercising without underwear. I sweat in that region and *that* soaking through would be a hundred times worse than camel toe or anything else you can come up with!

THIS THIS! Cammando that's so unhygienic at the gym all the sweat and fluids leaking all over the place. :sick: Then if you think about it your shorts and your lady parts are wicking the sweat and bacteria from the last person that was there. Wear the granny panties be a friend to the next person that has to use the bench.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've been using compression underwear, especially for cardio, but thats to keep things in place :) Not sure if they're feasable/needed for women

Yea I did Insanity one time in boxer shorts and I think I performed a helipenis about 5 times. That was the last time I wore those.

OMG, thanks for making me laugh out loud like an idiot in the middle of a discussion about application development! Oh, and yes, I totally imagined "helipenis" reminds me of a Lonely Island song....
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    A regular thong is the only thing I can wear working out. I was wearing boy shorts, what ever other under wear I have.. they fall off O.o I was running and they were slipping I was debating in my head if I should dig in my pants to pull up my underwear in the street or deal with it :embarassed:
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Am I the only girl who doesn't care if I have a visible panty line? :P

This. I don't care at the gym.

I would think going commando would create more moisture? No?

this is what I'm thinking if I went commando my inner thighs would look like hamburger meat at the end of the day and I'd feel like a wet animal.
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Options
    I finally completed my home gym. Now that it's getting hot I find I workout in my undies most of the time. :drinker:

But when I go running I go commando in capris that instead of a plain old seam in the crotch they have a seamless diamond shape sewn inside, they look regular on the outside. No cameltoe, no wedge, no chafe. They are the shiz!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Camel toe is a shorts/pants issue, not underwear. If your bottoms are so tight that they are riding up into the holiest of holies, you need pants that fit looser.

I can't believe I read to page 4 of this thread before anyone pointed out the obvious.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    There are running thongs. I go commando running, though, so I don't offer the voice of experience.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Camel toe is WAY more tacky than VPL. Wear undies or buy pants that actually fit and dont cause camel toe.
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Sure, I'll take one for the team. If these were bigger, they'd ride down

5E4C52CB-0387-41F4-A50B-963A46CF2EC0-2364-000001436540CB0B_zps900e84ff.jpg

On second thought you have a lovely camel toe. I guess if I had a cute little camel toe like that I would embrace the camel toe. World I'm loud and I'm proud this is my vajay jay get used to it! Then scratch and adjust like there is no tomorrow. OK I change my mind power to the camel toe.
  • akadrea
    akadrea Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    my pants fit - they actually slide down some, so when I pull them up it makes it worse. I buy quality stuff (MPG, lulu, Nike). Stop making assumptions, and if you'll see - I was asking for suggestions for workout underwear, not just complaining about cameltoe.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I am 100000 times more worried about a camel toe than I am about freaking panty lines. PRIORITIES. I would rather someone see the outline of my underwear than I would them see every single crevice of my cooch.

Amen!