OVER 200 CLUB NEW YEAR NEW BODY (OPEN GROUP)

Options

Replies

• MariSama44
    MariSama44 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I find it both funny and depressing that some men are such jerks they only want to help women they find attractive. Stupid boys. :angry: I just mostly find their offers annoying, especially because they rarely offered to help when I weighed 40 pounds more. I almost feel sorry for any man who offers to help me or hits on me when I reach my goal weight! :laugh: I'm not the most tactful when it comes to turning down offers and I'm sure I'll be more than a little bitter about the situation in the first place. I'll have to figure out a way to get over that so I don't turn into a skinny feminazi b****. :wink:

jlb - You are so totaly right, this is exactly how I feel! :laugh: Though its funny because it helps motivate me. I cant wait to start telling guys who used to totaly ignore me to stop hitting on me and asking me out. Serves them right! :laugh: :devil: I'm sure I'll adjust but it just seems like it would be fun to reject some shallow people right back once I'm able to. Haha!

debbie - You go girl! Keep working at it, those 10 will be a breeze! I cant wait till I go down a size.

Cheking in for yesterday:

1-6-10
    Calories: Right on
    Water: Slightly under
    Exersice: Light cleaning and just a bit of wii fit...not very much. :cry:

I'm so close to my first mini goal, I'm so excited! Since last january I've lost almost 26 pounds, and I know if I hang out with you guys in 2010, there will be ALOT more lost! Thanks again everyone! glad to be here :flowerforyou:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: SNOW DAY WOOHOO :heart: :heart: :heart:
    No school today - 5 inches of snow. It felt soooo good to sleep with no alarm clock! :happy:

lstpaul - I am proud of you for going to the Y this AM, and with icky roads as well! :flowerforyou:
    awestfall - I agree with the girls. I think you should scale down the exercising to 60 minutes OR you need to reset your goals. Sounds to me like you're training big time and that requires a lot more calories. If you want to stay at the calorie intake you have now, try scaling down to 60 minutes and see what happens. I do feel for you, sister. I know you have been working your butt off and it sucks not to see results. Something's gotta give, so change it up a bit and see what happens. :flowerforyou:
    heather - two days of water met! You rock! I know I had trouble at first with water, but once you get the hang of it your body will thank you! :flowerforyou:
    lildeb - Congrats on the 24 jeans becoming a closer reality! I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:
    mstahl - Breaking news! I found your butt! It joined mine and is having a grand time in its new home! :laugh:

I'm off to ride my humble bike. :bigsmile: Have a great day, everyone! Keep up the good work. We are doing this!!! :heart:
  • Rororosie
    Rororosie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Jib, I have got to say I noticed your Gogol Bordello quote...are you a Gogol Bordello fan? I love them. I first saw them some years ago when Gypsy Punk first came out and they toured with (of all people) Cake and Tegan & Sarah... they opened and they totally rocked... I got to meet the dancing girls and kissed the violinist! Then I've seen them twice here in Phoenix and they rocked both times!

Oh Rosie. Gogol Bordello is my absolute favorite band ever. And, I (like millions of other women, I'm sure) am completely in love with Eugene Hutz. :love: :love: :love: I love him as much as I love natural peanut butter. :laugh: The violinist is awesome! I'm jealous! :wink:

I also love Cake, definitely in my top 5 favorite bands of all time.

Okay, check in
    Calories: 1299
    Exercise: 30 min stationary bike
    Water: 9 cups so far
    Proud: After eating pizza for lunch & a small slice of cake unplanned, I didn't have many calories left for dinner but I made it. :smile:

I like Eugene and he writes AMAZING lyrics, but I think I am in love with the violin player. But, I do have a thing for violin players... I don't know why exactly but they tend to have large arms and then the violin is a lot like vocals ... and I like seeing an older man in super shape... Gives me hope for the next few decades....

I love Cake's music and their sardonic lyrics and their musicality... the lead singer's voice is good for the lyrics but not that well trained but since he writes and carries the lyrics he is awesome overall. I love how they do the instrumentals, weaving in and out of each others melodic lines...

I enjoyed Tegan and Sarah in the show too; they are good little song writers and singers, but they were really not ready for such a tour and they both played the same rhythm on their guitars. You could tell the band was carrying them, but the younger ladies in the audience loved them, their lyrics are young chick lyrics for sure.

I've seen Gogol Bordello here at our Edgefest (local alternative music radio station) and at the Marquee Theatre as a headliner. (The Marquee is the local alternative music venue with a lot of punk rock, hard rock, etc.) Unfortunately, I ran a little late at the Marquee and didn't get to hold on to the fence in the front line. I was in the second line and had to reach my hand in to hold onto the fence to ensure I didn't get pulled into the mosh pit. Hard on the upper arm. heh.
  • feliciamac
    Options
    Hi. Love the name of the group!! I'd like to join, what do I have to do? Thanks! :happy:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    awestfall, I, for one, am so glad you're here! :flowerforyou: You're awesome!

Edit: Oh, I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached to my neck. :embarassed: I came here to post about the most filling breakfast ever and completely got sidetracked.
    Tuesday I ate oatmeal (1/2 cup/40g dry prepared with about 1 cup water) for breakfast and added 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder & 1 tbs peanut butter (The "ingredients: peanuts, salt" kind). 290 calories. I could barely eat it all and I was full forever. I thought maybe it was a fluke and I wanted it again today (I told you, I'm a peanut butter fiend these days) so I made it, and sure enough 3.5 hours later I can't even think about eating lunch yet. So, if you're having one of those days when you're STARVING, you may want to consider eating this oatmeal.
    Thanks Jbl I am glad your here to so that we get all the support we need from everyone in this group.I love how I can get so many different points of view on here in just a few minutes or even new ideas.I think all you GALS ARE AWESOME!!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    ok so I am going to do 60 minutes in a few and thanks again gals for all your input.I really do appreciate>Sometimes I need to hear things I don't want too and thats why I am glad I have you guys for a support system.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    50% chance of snow tonight!! You gals have no idea how big this is! :laugh:

Last year, officials called a snow day a little too early -- gov't offices were closed, schools were closed, the whole 9 yards and not one single flake fell! It RAINED all day. Ridiculous? Yes. Me happy I'm getting paid hazardous weather leave while staring out the window watching it rain and doing a snow dance? Yes.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Welcome feliciamac!
    We just try to check in daily with calories, exercise, water and what we are proud of. We weigh on Friday mornings and the person with the biggest percent loss gets to choose a challenge for the week. This week's challenge is an hour of exercise at least 5 days.
  • Rororosie
    Options
    Here's my check in

calories- Woot, I was under.
    excercise- only vocals... still tired from not taking thyroid, but did take it today so it will build up again soon
    water-- not sure, got a little spacey last night, it was probably 48 oz but might have been more
    proud- didn't overreact to my emotions

I was really emo last night and this a.m.
    1) The guy I like / am dating now had indicated "we will continue this tomorrow" the day before on text, so I thought he meant "flirting on text", but I think he just met the conversation in general. he didn't text me until 10:30 p.m. and I had anticipated fun flirting all day and I got angry. But I realized that we are just getting to know each other, a guy calling/texting daily is extraordinarily good behavior for a guy,, and then when he did text he had had a super busy day, doing important cool things.... so I just stayed cool and I'm proud of that. Today he texted me and asked me out for Friday.
    2) I got a little down when my boss took a difficult project away from me and I felt like a failure, even though I am doing really well a work. It is a few months from now when it will happen, so I just need to do a good job and see what will happen. Basically he threw me into a role that I am not very trained in, and so he is going to request a real "project manager" for me in a few months. he probably thought that would be helpful to me, but I felt a pang, like "he doesn't trust me with it" ... but in the end, I am sure it will all work out.
    3) I am still having residual emotions about my family and some of the problems over Christmas. However, my daughter is emailing me a lot from her travels in Peru, and I feel a strong feeling of gratitude to my sister for her hand knitted and crocheted items she gave me, i want to write her and thank her.
    4) and.... I am really worried about my music. I have spent most of the time in either down time due to illness, lack of thyroid energy, lost authorization code for my Protools, and not enough on practice so I feel at a stand still with little or no progress and I realize, these times just happen, don't give up, keep up the best you can and eventually you will break through again...

The key is putting the thyroid back in and "treating myself like a precious object will make me grow strong"...
  • Rororosie
    Options
    Welcome feliciamac!

To all the SAHM and WAHMs - I always think it's funny that we contrast "stay" and "work" like mom's without outside jobs don't work... we ALL know ALL MOMs work!!!!!!

On the guy topic, I don't know what to say a lot. I know that has been one of my fears about losing weight that I've just had to let go of.... I can't keep holding onto my weight to "test" if a guy is shallow or not! I will have to find other ways of testing when I lose the weight. :-)

To everyone dealing with snow, ... I want to say I'm sorry for you, but part of me wants to gloat about living in the desert with no snow... but then when it is July and I am suffering 120 degrees you won't put up with me. I think SNOW is worse though because it can really keep you from going out and I hated that being snowed in thing...
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    ♦makeitallsue , glad you are going to be around here. You will like it here:flowerforyou:

♦feliciamac, Welcome to our group. This is a very busy, motivated group. Look forward to getting to know you better.

♦awestfall, You are right about listening to your doctor. But you also need to listen to your body and 2 hours a day is hard to maintain. Give your self a break and a little bit of a rest.

♦lstpaul, New day let yesterday go, you are awesome about making sure you exercise. I admire you that you are able to hit the Y so often

♦lildeb, great job on those 24's. By the way some day when our babies are older and never shut up we can just smile at ourselves and recall the days when we wished they would just talk:laugh:

♦Rororosie, I think that you have the right attitude about the job project. Your boss probably is trying to support you and I am sure this will all work out.

♦mstahl, congrats on the loss of butt!!!! Don't lose too much of it, I am sure your hubby would want me to say that:laugh: :laugh:

♦ColoradoGirl, you have a lot going on right now. The thyroid issue is all new to you. You have to give your self a break and just take this one day at a time. Know that you are in my prayers.

Today is grocery shopping day and I take my elderly neighbor to water therapy in the next town. So I am just getting home at 1 pm had breakfast at 7 this morning. I am actually surprised I am not starving to death. I ate a sandwich and I was satisfied. Just waiting for tom to say goodbye until next month.:sick: I go for several days and it is heavy so I find myself exhausted getting towards the end. :sick: I wonder can I actually become a little bit anemic.? Maybe a little dramatic but that is how I feel. My husband is planning our speed walk this evening, Gotta love him. He has become so determined to do this, he even passed up See's candy. OOh if you live in CA you know exactly what a sacrafice that was.
  • Rororosie
    Options
    I've got this. As I was completing my food journal for the day I realized it. There is no chance I will ever go back to being the way I was before. Never. I've done it this time, ladies! I think we all have. :smile:

I bought a mini goal shirt to get into a week or 2 ago. It's a ladies t-shirt size large - I would say it's equivalent to an adult(men) small, perhaps (I wear a medium in men's right now). I currently wear a XL in women's clothes and I wore a 2x when I started. I put the size large shirt on and woooo, it's completely ridiculously tight. It's hanging in my closet just waiting for me to shrink into it. I can hardly wait to wear it (Rosie, it's a Gogol Bordello shirt with an artsy picture of Eugene & text that reads "This mustache kills facists" :laugh: Yep, pretty much the most awesome shirt ever).

Last night it hit me that random men are being a whole lot nicer to me -- holding doors, offering to help me get things off tall shelves at a store, etc. I find it both funny and depressing that some men are such jerks they only want to help women they find attractive. Stupid boys. :angry: I just mostly find their offers annoying, especially because they rarely offered to help when I weighed 40 pounds more. I almost feel sorry for any man who offers to help me or hits on me when I reach my goal weight! :laugh: I'm not the most tactful when it comes to turning down offers and I'm sure I'll be more than a little bitter about the situation in the first place. I'll have to figure out a way to get over that so I don't turn into a skinny feminazi b****. :wink:

Here's what I missed... yah, went back and read cuz I saw quotes and realized I missed a lot of good posts. I sent for an XL Gogol Bordello shirt... I think it might fit over my left breast... ha ha! I will have a ways to go to fit it... all the GB shirts I have seen run small....

Well men have a range of weights that are excuse me what they consider "do-able" I can always tell when I'm hitting a threshold because I see more and more of the attention at each threshold. That said, as I have gotten older I have found older men, the good ones not the sleazy ones who only like younger women, have a larger range of weights. So I am actually getting more attention from men in my age group (40s to 60s) at a higher weight at age 50(look 40ish) than I did at a lower weight in my 20s. Wierd. Guys are just wired for physical looks... it's a brain thing they have. Do not despair as they do get better with age and dang, something HAS to be good about aging...LOL...

and the other true thing is that there are GOOD GUYS out there in every age group.... one must have patience...

my daughter would be killing me about now if we were having this conversation... she is a very skinny lady who dances, jogs, does yoga, she is good looking although not typically beautiful and she has a fabulous shape on her... and she finds it hard to find a good guy (although she is dating one now) and she gets discouraged....

I don't want to negate her difficulties or anyone else's difficulties in dating, I more want to hold out hope for all single women who don't want to stay that way... it's not really the weight that is the problem... although I am sure losing it helps in all sorts of ways related to successful love life... it's that combination of staying open to love, but picky, but not too picky, but being independent and strong, but not too independent and strong....

I just know lots of women who are happily married and overweight... unhappily single and totally fit... and everything in between... and one day I looked around... I saw that women who were poorer, uglier, fatter, meaner or whatever had boyfriends/husbands and I didn't have one and I realized all the comparisons in the world of characteristics were NOT why I was single...

there are a zillionty books on this but I have read only 1 million so far ;-)

I think it is a combination of luck and some other factors like being ready for a relationship but NOT NEEDING one...

Also there is a geographical component... some places just have more single men and some places have more single women...

Sorry I just got off on a rant of some kind, excuse me ladies...
  • Rororosie
    Options
    moma2four and lildeb - I understand your worries. But I can tell you as a teacher to K-6 kids that I have seen so many kids come into KG with speech issues that get worked out pretty well through the course of their elementary years. And the most successful kids are the ones with parents like you two who care tremendously and worry (that's an OK thing in moderation - keeps you on your toes!) and want their child to succeed! :heart:

I love this quote... KUDOS TO ALL THE LOVING PARENTS OUT THERE!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Rororosie
    Options
    Had a setback day yesterday.. The day started off well and I went to work with intentions of coming home to workout. Well.. I ended up picking up an extra client who was just had to get in and in pain. I should really learn to say no. But, I went ahead and worked her in. Unfortunately, I am seriously paying for it. I did not get my workout in yesterday, I over did it working (I am still limiting my work load due to the MVA) and then my husbands Dr apt took ALL afternoon (we are pretty sure he has a torn meniscus and will need surgery) I went to the Chiropractor and I was a mess, he really had some work to do. (So, I did not track my meal last night and sabotaged myself emotionally eating.. Oh why do I do this to myself? This morning I woke up and I hurt all over, between not eating right last night, this thyroid thing with no energy and my neck and shoulder still having problems I feel like a wreck. So, check for yesterday

Calories over
    exercise none
    water did not do so hot
    Proud.. well not yesterday..

I think I will try some yoga today, maybe that will help this aching body and my mindset. Guess I need to follow my own advise and start over today as it is a new day!

Check back in later and thanks for letting me vent.

HI ColoradoGirl, what is your thyroid thing? I have a low thyroid and take a prescription for it. There are so many things that can go wrong with thyroid and it definitely affects weight! Have you read any of Mary Shomon's book about Thyroid and diet and over all health care? I found her Thyroid Diet book helpful in many ways... hmmm... need to hunt up my copy and do a re-read....
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Wow busy afternoon !!!

Good luck to everyone getting snow that there aren't any bad condidtions for any driving.

It iced last night some and like every isd closed but ours, which i was fine with cause i would have to take a vac day, but my 6 yr old was not happy about that AT ALL.

Momma - you are right ..some day we will them to not talk :) i am about there with my 6 yr old miss attitude..wish you could buy kids new attitudes i would pay for one. Funny how kids are different from each other. My 3yr old is much more adventerous and mean..i hate to use that word but she is, she will hit and pull hair , my older never did, but i am wonder if it is because she doesn't talk as much, she is just acting out instead of using words?

I am excited for my weigh in tomorrow, even though I am not going to be biggest looser most likely i feel like i have accheived alot with getting back to my pre-christmas weight...my scale better not be nasty to me in the morning :)
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly!!! There was alot to read tonight. I love it! It is so inspiring to read all your posts, the good, the bad, and the ugly :)
    Although I've been having many "ugly" days over the holidays, I'm happy to announce that today was a "good" day.

Calories: even
    Water: 60oz (i really want to do more, but I just can't)
    Exercise: YES
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Crap...I hit enter before I got to post proud

Proud: I had every excuse in the book today (in my head) about skipping the gym, "oh I can go tomorrow, maybe I'll walk around the neighborhood, I can do something in the house".... NOPE forced my big bum into the car, into the gym and managed to not only walk on the treadmill, but did the bike too. But believe me, the whole time I was on the bike I was thinking "ok I can quit now, I'm done, I can stop now, but I managed to finish the whole program.
  • llowry
    llowry Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok here it is I'm checking in:

Calories- OVER:sad: :mad: :explode:
    Exercise-none (tired)
    water-still almost there but, up another 8 ounces
    Proud-that I am still trying and not giving up

Help! I need some quick low cost ideas for evening meal, that is were I am running into problems. Overall I am still doing ok just feeling really bad about caving and eating the ice cream. And the bad thing is I am not even a big ice cream eater it was there and I wanted something sweet (5 days without) so, I just caved at least I did measure and it was only 1/2 cup.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    checking in -

calories - way under - 1092, got busy running errands and didn't bring enough healthy snacks
    water - 64 oz
    exercise - 40 min Biggest Loser Wii game, and 20 walk and 2 hrs of shopping
    proud - almost bought some donuts at the grocery store because they were on sale...but I put them right back down.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Calories- over but I am not stressing, I know we all have those days
    water- nada
    exercise- nope, I had a doctors appointment, went to pay bills and spent 2 hours grocery shopping (does that count as exercise :laugh: )
    Proud- that I am not freaking out or stressing over being over on my calories. I know that once in a while I will have those days, and I am okay with that as long as I don't do it all the time.